“Atlantis”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #116 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at Atlantis the Palm in June 2013 for 3 nights. A fantastic, very impressive hotel and we were very well looked after. We booked the Burj Khalifa before we left the UK, and went by taxi. We visited the shopping malls which we very impressive. We had complimentary access to the waterpark which was great! Can highly recommend Nasimi Beach, we went there most evenings, great views of Dubai, very relaxing area, great music. Our room was great, we had water and fruit in our room. We had free half board and we ate mainly in Saffron as we really liked the restaurant, the staff were really friendly. We enjoyed it so much that we are going back again, for longer this time, in September, really looking forward to it!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JeannieIver
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis The Palm.

We are honoured and delighted to read that you had an excellent stay with us and that you enjoyed our half board promotion.

Your kind words will be shared with our colleagues to inspire them to continue to provide an exceptional service to our guests.

The whole team looks forward for your next visit.

President and Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (17,728)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

For this price that they want is not good hotel . Rooms is not so good , many many people and too loud . If you go for 1st time , its good to see the hotel . but i think no one go for second time there . I am really disappointed . Only good places there is Aquapark and Nasimi Beach .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review of your experience at Atlantis, The Palm.

I sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations due to crowd issues that you have mentioned. Although I do not have an immediate solution at hand, I can assure you that we are constantly innovating on our products and services to continually enhance the experience of our guests. We currently have in place several access control procedures to ensure that certain areas of the resort remain for resident-guests only.

Atlantis, The Palm is indeed quite popular with families. Nevertheless, I can assure you that we also have a lot of facilities dedicated for adults to enjoy. These include treatments at our ShuiQi Spa, exclusive pods and private lagoon experiences which can be availed at Dolphin Bay upon request, restaurants and bars such as Ossiano, Nobu, Nasimi Beach and N'Dulge which are strictly an adult affair - to name only a few.

On a more positive note, I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful experience at Aquaventure and Nasimi Beach.

Once again, thank you for sharing a review here in TripAdvisor and we sincerely hope to welcome you back again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just got back on 15th June from a 4 day stay at the Atlantis.where do i begin.it was fantastic from start to finish we went for my 50t birthday i was spoilt by the staff i had a card and a birthday cake bought to the room from the staff. a special thanks to Madushka for making towel animals it totaly made my birthday special.He also kept the room spotless.thanks to trip adviser reviews for advising on becoming a skywards member(free) we got free wifi in the room and 15% off all drinks.we swam with dolphins it was fantastic its a must.all the food was amazing our favourite was nasimi beach.The shuttle bus is free to the malls from he hotel, the Dubai outlet mall wasnt very good it was more for local people. The Dubai mall has a lot of designer shops so take plenty of cash!!!! All in all a fantastic stay see you next year. Karen

Room Tip: Palm view, higher floor better view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen L

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my colleagues ensured that your 50th birthday was celebrated in style. I will not miss to share your positive comments to the whole team, especially to Madushka to encourage them to continually exceed the expectations of our guests.

I sincerely thank you for choosing Atlantis, The Palm as your preferred holiday destination and we all look forward to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the Atlantis for 8 nights, 2 adults and a 5 year old. I don't usually write reviews but I feel like this hotel should get the recognition it deserves. I have stayed in many hotels around the world (I used to be a travel agent) so I do not take my comment lightly saying that The Atlantis is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. It deserves every one of its 5 stars. Where do I start? The hotel it self is stunning. Driving up you know you in for something special. The location and the view is outstanding! The lobby was empty when we walked in at midnight although I can imagine its busy for check in during the day but we had no problems at all. We asked for a room upgrade and were given one instantly. We had an outstanding view of the Palm and the Royal Pool. Our room was huge with 2 double beds and a bathroom with bath and shower. The room was cleaned to perfection and loads of bottles of water left everyday! Huge Tip! take the bottles of water to the pool and the restaurants and just ask for glasses of ice. Its £5.50 for a bottle of water at the poolside when you have unlimited water delivered to your room for free! Ask the man that cleans your room to leave extra water and he will do this no problem! I wish we had done this at the start of the holiday. Once I realised we were paying £5.50 for water at the pool I started brining it from the room and we saved a fortune. The staff will do anything to please you so asking for ice is no problem to them. Take it to lunch and dinner too especially if you have kiddies!!
We loved the water park and dolphin bay. We did the shallow water interaction which my 5 year old loved! We also enjoyed as many of the restaurants as possible. We thought every single meal we had was outstanding. We had the half board deal which gives you breakfast at either of the 3 buffet restaurants. People that say negative things about the buffets must have lost their mind! The choice and quality of the food is the best I have ever had. We ate like kings for a week! Kilidescope seemed to be qued out the door most mornings which I didn't understand as there were two others restaurants 2 mins walk away that were just as good. We loved La Brasserie it was smaller and more classy and always empty which puzzled us as we thought it was the best out of the 3! You also get dinner in many of the restaurants in the hotel so no need to go to the buffet at night. We tried the Leboniese, the Italian, the burger joint, the Chinese, and the Nissimi Beach and everyone was outstanding! The food really is amazing! You can also use your vouchers for lunch if you want to eat outwith the hotel. We did this on the night we went of the dessert safari which was amazing and ate at texas steakhouse in the mall one night. You certainly wont go hungry.
What actually makes this hotel is the staff. You wont know what I mean till you experience it. The are so kind and actually care that you are enjoying your holiday. The stop and speak to you and hold doors open and make sure you have everything you need. The staff in the restaurants stop and talk to you about the menu, they help you choose and are genuinely happy to serve you. Finally there is a happy hour everynight twice in the barazura. We went almost every night for the 11-12 happy hour for a couple of cocktails before bed. We loved it! So if your a couple or a family thinking of booking this hotel then go for it! Its outstanding!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade! and a palm view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Clairec149

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Atlantis, The Palm.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Please be assured that your feedback will be shared with our team for them to continue to deliver amazing experiences to our guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you at Atlantis, The Palm in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Atlantis for a few days. The hotel is massive and you need at least couple of days, before you can find your way around without getting lost.

The rooms are decent and the view from the balcony is great, but I wouldn't say the room we were in (ocean deluxe room) was luxurious.

The staff are very attentive, helpful and friendly. However the lobby gets very busy, as there are huge numbers of people checking in and checking out everyday, so the queues were quite long. I think the hotel could do with having more staff on the check in desks to speed up the process.

The hotel do come with some perks, as you get unlimited access to the lost chambers (the aquarium) and the Aquaventure water park. The waterpark was great fun and caters for all age. There is also dolphin bay on the resort, if you want to swim with the dolphins.

We opt for the half board option and the restaurants were decent. My fav was Rhoda Locatelli (Italian), as this included 3 course menu and the pizza and pasta were very tasty. We didn't get to try all restaurants, but the restaurant options also included Lebanese, French, Chinese and couple of buffet restaurants. The breakfast was decent too at the buffet restaurants - Saffron and kaleidoscope, which has range of choices.

The wifi is 100 dirhams a day, but if you have skyward card on Emirates, you can get the wifi for free, so make sure you sign up, if you are travelling with Emirates. You also get 20% off food and drinks with this card too.

The hotel is around 20/30 mins drive to the malls and the jumeirah area, but the taxis are at reasonable price (around £8)- you will have to make sure you use the local taxi services as the taxis provided by the hotel are little more pricier. However the hotel do provide complimentary shuttle services to the malls everyday, you can get the shuttle timetable from the lobby.

I have always wanted to stay at the hotel, due to the hype surrounding it and in my opinion, though this is a great hotel and is a great resort, (especially for family), it is nothing amazing, but it is worth the stay, just for the experience.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Miss_S_M24

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your experience at Atlantis, The Palm on TripAdvisor.

Allow me to firstly apologise for the inconvenience that you faced in the lobby. It may happen that the lobby gets quite busy during the peak hours of check-in and check-out, nevertheless, we would like to assure you that we are continually looking for innovative solutions to enhance the arrival experience of our guests.

Furthermore, I am delighted to read that you had wonderful stay with us and I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed our Half Board package and the Emirates Skywards promotion.

Moreover, your positive comments on our facilities, Aquaventure and restaurants will be shared to the head of the departments to congratulate the teams who made your stay enjoyable.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We holidayed there last week and it was amazing!!!! From the moment we arrived, the service was first class. We arrived at 10 am, shattered as we had an overnight flight. My husband has limited mobility and walks with a stick and whilst waiting to check in, a member of staff asked if we were checking in and ushered us over to what looked like the VIP checking in area. A valet then appeared to take our luggage. My husband asked for a wheelchair and within ten mins, one appeared

We were given a complimentary drink each and hand towels to freshen up. The lady proceeded to take our details etc and then informed us our room was ready (which was a surprise, as we didnt think it would be ready until 3 pm). The valet took our bags upstairs and we settled into our room.

There are security staff located at various points in the hotel, as its a tourist attraction as well, so if you dont show your "pass", they will, rightly so, check you. They called lifts, opened doors for you and if you were lost, point you in the right direction. They had impeccable manners!!!

The food is excellent and all the staff are also incredibly polite. They assisted my husband by carrying his plate back to the table. The house keeping lad even wheeled our bags to the lift when we left, so i could push his wheelchair.

Take the local taxi's to commute (cream cars with coloured roofs), as they are cheaper. From our hotel to the dubai shopping mall is roughly 51 dirams

Will we come back - ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Les S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

It is extremely rewarding to read of your kind words on our resort grounds and especially with regards to services rendered by our colleagues.

I am also happy to know that you and your husband had an amazing stay with us.

Thank you once again for your honest feedback and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Atlantis, The Palm.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family and I spent four days at Atlantis in May and we had an absolutely fabulous time!

The hotel itself is massive with some very beautiful settings.. The check in was pretty smooth and fast (10 minutes). We were then escorted to our room which was nice and spacious with a magnificent view of the Dubai skyline.

In four days we definitely did not have time to experience all what Atlantis had to offer but we did enjoy the two pools and the beach.

Kaleidoscope restaurant offered a yummy friday brunch and the family really enjoyed it! We did find very long queues of people waiting in front Saffron restaurant for the friday brunch..

We spent a whole day at Aquaventure and we all had a blast!! Our kids (ages 11 & 6) had the greatest time at the kids club and did not want to leave!! The staff were extremely friendly and prepared lots of nice activities for the kids..

The overall service was good but not over the top.. The massive size of the hotel and the number of security guards scattered in every hotel entrance can feel a bit uncomfortable but not unacceptable.

I believe Atlantis is part of the must-dos of Dubai :) We'll surely be visiting it again soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ingysed

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you and your family had a memorable experience during your stay with us. Also, I truly appreciate all your positive comments regarding our hotel room, colleagues, restaurants and Aquaventure.

Furthermore, I sincerely apologise if you felt that our access control procedure to areas exclusive for our hotel guests was too stringent. Nevertheless, it is essential that this procedure is maintained as the safety and security of our guests is of paramount importance to us.

I am glad that you are planning to stay with us again and we look forward to welcome you back at Atlantis, The Palm.