“What a brilliant hotel!”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #99 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“What a brilliant hotel!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have just recently returned from a weeks stay at the Atlantis. From our early arrival to our departure nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. We were looked after exceptionally well and it was just a wonderful experience. We arrived at 8.30am and both our rooms were ready so we could get freshened up and get on with our holiday. There was no problem with us having breakfast and wow what can I say - enough variety of foods to keep you happy throughout your holiday! We were on half board and did find that a bit limiting as you cannot use all the restaurants available in the hotel, but there was still plenty of choice. We were there during Ramadan and there was no problems at the hotel - food and drink were served at the poolside and food was fully available in the pool. Water was replenished every day in the room (and once they caught on to how much tea I drink, the gave me more than enough every day!). Just be aware that there is absolutely no food or drink served at the shopping malls during Ramadan, however they are brilliant places to visit after sun down. We used taxis to get around (give the Big Bus a miss - cost us £220 for the four of us - many of the places didn't work in with our time schedule and there are only two routes so difficult to swap to get back to the Atlantis - and it took forever - we only used one day of our ticket and vowed never to get back on that bus again!). The average taxi cost from the Atlantis was around £10 to the malls, Burg al Arab, etc. which was fine for a family of four - far better than the bus and much more comfortable than the bus. Taxis are always available at the hotel. Booked a desert safari through the hotel and it was a great experience - well worth the money. Driver was very chatty and everything ran very smoothly. We didn't upgrade to Imperial Club and don't think it would be worth the money - we had deluxe rooms which were fine (although they say that they have a balcony, which I thought we could sit out in before we arrived, you can't - you can stand against the railing!). The beds and bedding were so comfortable, if I could have shipped it home I would have :-). My daughter and I did the Royal Dolphin experience and we would highly recommend it - it was totally amazing - staff were great and the dolphins were better! Well worth the money.

All in all we had a wonderful holiday at the Atlantis and I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Sharon J
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read that you were exceptionally well looked after and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Please be assured that I will pass on your kind comments to my team.

Thank you once again for recommending us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back at Atlantis, The Palm in a not too distant future.

President and Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,685)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just came back from our 10 day family holiday. It was just myself husband and 3 yr old. I'd be honest if luxury, service, helpfulness is what you are looking for then this is not the place for you! After changing rooms four times in four days we started to get on with our holiday. As a frequent flyer to this part of the world and staying in various hotels this has to be the worse for service, communication amongst internal staff and guests. We changed rooms for various reason, things not working, construction no balcony when we requested it. And all four times was never smooth sailing and hard work when we were told specific times to be back at room for the change and then having to wait two hours and waste your whole day. I actually expected more. But what I think the main problem here is that it's too big and too busy and the staff can't handle any kind of query whether it's small or large it's like the staff are not trained will not go above and beyond and will not actually listen. Any way there are two plus's at the end that made up for lack of service. There are various restaurants that you can go too if you are on half board. But like most comments on this hotel you have to book or wait 40 mins for a table. The food is actually very good and lots of choice and selection. The only thing that kept us here on the full duration was the water-park and how you have unlimited access because you are a guest. I wouldn't stay here again as there is so much more and better places to stay which we experienced in another hotel after this one. Oh and was last thing wifi is not free which I think is madness. Hope this comment helps,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Jane243
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I was very concerned to read your feedback as it does not reflect the high standard of service that we uphold. Allow me to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that you have been through and please be assured that I have already passed on your comments to my team for review and action.

On a more positive note, I am happy that you found our food quality and variety to be very good and that you thoroughly enjoyed your complimentary access to Aquaventure.

I hope to be able to welcome you again at Atlantis, The Palm and that you may experience the improvement that we have made.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Late review, better late than never,
We stayed here between 10th Sept-17th 2013, on honeymoon, The best hotek i have ever stayed , we booked in and we upgraded for free we had a great view of the palm from our room, beautiful i must say, the spa was great , free entry to the waterpark, room service was great, was not a fan of the restaurant, but i am very fussy eater, the service was 2nd to none, concierge helped us plan out excursions, private beach , the only negative i could say if a negative is that it is out the way so going anywhere requireda taxi , we always went to the marina in the evening, only like 20-25 dhs so im not going to complain, am visiting Dubai again for anniversary not at the Atlantis just not in our budget, but worth every dirham i must say

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank n1qbal
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Atlantis, The Palm on TripAdvisor.

It is truly a pleasure to read that you had a fantastic honeymoon with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed the various products and services that the resort has to offer.

Thank you once again for recommending us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Where do I start.stayed here from 7th July until 11th July and from the moment we were picked up from the airport we were treated like royalty. This was a special treat for my wives 40th birthday. We booked a imperial suite which gave us access to the imperial lounge. We arrived at the hotel at 8:30 and we were showed straight into the imperial suite check in everything went smooth.even though the check in time was 3pm the concierge checked with his manager and gave us a room straight away. We were shown up to the room ( 10451 ) by the bell boy who also brought our luggage. We entered the room and WOW our suite was amazing we had been upgraded to a executive suite right at the end of the east tower. The suite was HUGE!!!!!!!!! It was Y shaped with separate living area ,bedroom,shower ,toilet ,bath and dressing room with views of the palm, waterpark and aquarium. After a quick freshen up we went for a drink in the imperial club lounge on the 12 th floor.we were shown to a table by the window with its own small balcony. Our drinks were brought to the table and we were informed to help ourselves to snacks as afternoon tea would not be available until 2:30pm ( all this is complimentary to imperial club guests ). As soon as you had finished your drink the staff would ask if you would like another. The staff were so friendly and polite and really interacted with you as people but also respected your privacy if you chose not to speak to them. They were even nice and polite to the rude guests ( yes you get them here as well). We had breakfast here every morning as the main restaurants do get busy but I think a short wait is acceptable ( if you want to sit down and have breakfast straight away book a table or go self catering!!! Don't moan about having to wait). We ate at the kaleidoscope restaurant ant the food there was fabulous ( my wife is a VERY fussy vegetarian and she was impressed with the variety of food available. The water-park is a must. The slides and rides rival anything in Florida ( we should know we've visited Florida 4 times ) the dolphin experience is also a must . My wife had always wanted to do this but was always a little scared. She needn't have worried the staff were amazing and really put my wife at ease to the point she didn't want to leave the dolphins. We have travelled all over the world and stayed at some top hotels but t the Atlantis is by far the most luxurious hotel .Yes the drink prices can be a little steep but remember you are staying in the Atlantis. If you want cheep drinks go to benidorm. We cannot fault this hotel in anyway .the staff are a credit to this hotel and work so hard from the bellboys to the cleaners to the security to the waiting staff. They are all fantastic. Don't believe the negative reviews on here as I think some people could find the negative in everything.go for yourself you won't be disappointed. We weren't and are already looking to book again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Barry M
Dear Guest,

It is truly a pleasure to read your detailed review and how fantastic your stay was with us. Please be assured that I will not miss to congratulate all the colleagues who made your stay such an amazing and memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

London
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We returned yesterday after a amazing break at this beautiful hotel resort.

Amazing hotel with so much to do, we never ventured out of the resort as it was to hot and we were informed as it is Ramdan when outside the resort you can not drink water so for us we decided to stay in the resort which was fine as there was so much to see and do.

A visit to Nobu, Ossaino and Yuan resturant is a must.

While on the beach the beach boy brings you complimentary ice pops, cucumbers to cool you eyes and refreshing cool towels, we thought this was a lovely touch.

Staff are really friendly and go out of their way to make your stay perfect.

Everything in the hotel is very expensive, we were half board but still managed to spend £400 on our first day! Even though you have vouchers for two meals a day, the drinks are very expensive.

You can use your vouchers at Yuan restaurant and pay a supplement of 100AED which is worth every penny. Lilly the manager at Yuan is a amazing host and our waiter Jack was the sweetest guy ever. They can not do enough to make your meal perfect.

Reception staff are very accommodating and friend apart from one lady called Natali who was very rude and initially turned us away when we tried to check in as she could not find our booking. Management were very apologetic about her behaviour and found our reservation. Defiantly avoid this receptionist as she does not adhere to Atlantis standards.

All in all this resort is one of the best places I have stayed and the water park is a added bonus.

Room Tip: Get rooms on higher floor as they are better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to read that you had an amazing break at Atlantis, The Palm and that overall, our staff provided you with an exemplary service. Having said this, I wish to sincerely apologise for the miscommunication that happened upon your check-in. Please be assured that appropriate action has been taken to prevent any recurrence.

I look forward to welcoming back at Atlantis, The Palm.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed as a family of 4, with a 17 & 15 year old for 5 nights in a Palm Deluxe room. We had an amazing relaxing holiday. The hotel is huge however you easily feel at home quite quickly. We had 2 adjoining rooms, both were huge, immaculately clean and had an amazing view of Dubai. The hotel lobby is stunning as is the aquarium. We ate in the Saffron, Ronda Locatelli, The Edge & The Shore and our food was excellent. For breakfast we ate in the Kaleidoscope and enjoyed a huge range of international food which is served as a buffet. Delicious Cocktails are served in the opulent Barazura bar and they offer a happy hour each evening. There are many designer shops within the resort including Tiffany's!! We spent a lot of time cooling down in the high temperature of 40 deg plus at the water-park. From someone who is not keen on water-parks this park is fabulous! . Do not miss the river rapid ride where you can spend hours relaxing and at the same time laughing when hitting the rapids. During our visit we experienced Ramadan and would definitely return again during this time as it made no difference to our holiday. Our only regret was that we didn't book for longer ! Hopefully one day we will be able to return.

Room Tip: Palm deluxe has the best views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

It gives me great pleasure to read that you had a wonderful experience with us. I sincerely thank you for all your kind words on our rooms, lobby, restaurants and water park.

Pacific Coast Australia, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great hotel fantastic ground and facilities only one downfall was the room in,our second stay was not as good as the first one. Mould in the ceiling and bathroom. And much smaller also. Restaurants are very good too

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that on the overall, you had a lovely stay with us. However, allow me to apologise for not having been able to make your second stay as good as the first one. Please be assured that your comment regarding the bathroom has already been shared with my team and appropriate action has been taken to prevent recurrence of the same issue.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Atlantis, The Palm.