“Makes a great day out!”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #110 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I didn't stay here but booked an excursion to swim with the dolphins and use the waterpark. Its a great place but wouldn't stay here unless I was staying with children.
Unfortunately they didn't make it clear that we'd be swimming in a group of 6 including other tourists not just in the group of 4 that we'd booked. We were given a half hour induction on what to expect in the pool and some interesting facts on the dolphins. The dolphins are looked after very well and the team are great! They take pictures for you to buy after however you can buy a pass for a friend/family member who isn't taking part in the activity to take pictures for you.
Take your own swimsuits to wear.. as when you buy the Dolphin Excursion you get access to the rest of the park. It makes a great day out!

• Stayed: August 2013
Serge_Zaalof, President and Managing Director at Atlantis, The Palm, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your dolphin interaction. Please be assured that I will share your kind comments with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Atlantis, The Palm and hopefully, as a resident of the resort this time around.

There are newer reviews for Atlantis, The Palm

Reviewed 16 July 2014

What a great place to stay, whether it is with your family or that special someone in your life. The hotel staff and customer service was awesome. Planning another vacation there soon, my family and I had a great time.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, I wasn't disappointed at all.

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you had a wonderful time with us and that you are planning to come back very soon. Thank you for choosing Atlantis, The Palm as your preferred holiday destination and I forward to welcoming you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Rooms are beautiful, clean and well equipped with everything you could need. The service is excellent they make sure you are well.The water park and the aquarium is included for all guest. We have a lot of fun in the water park. The hotel is beautiful with plenty variety of restaurants and activities. I just regret not stay longer. Totally worth the money. =)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you had an amazing stay with us and that you had a lot of fun in Aquaventure. Thank you very much for choosing Atlantis, The Palm as your holiday destination and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Although this has been one of my favourite hotels to visit, bring guests to, and eat and drink, I have to say, I regret my decision to stay here.
I live on Dubai, and saw an offer to stay at the hotel
Overnight. As I said before, I had always loved to visit for food and drink, however, when I got upstairs to the room, I was really disappointed with how standard and tacky everything was.
Maybe I had set my hopes too high for such an iconic and famous hotel? The hotel was packed constantly, so was the pool.

I'd definitely rate this hotel for a visit to any of the restaurants, or the water park. But if you want to relax by the pool the rest of the time, or want 5* service and quality, stay at one of the other palm hotels.

Sorry Atlantis, had higher hopes for the rooms. More theme park than hotel.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank LaurenOfArabia

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I truly regret that we did not meet your expectation during your stay with us. I wish to thank you for your feedback as it will help us to improve ourselves to further enhance the experience of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Atlantis, The Palm.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The rooms were good, the food options were great. The waterpark & aquarium were excellent for the kids.
The only bad side, and it was a big problem was the check in. I stood in a queue and it took 60 minutes just to check in. (it was 2pm) But instead of one line and the next available hotel staff to assist, it was 5 separate lines and you take your pick. Everyone queued in these lines, groups, families, business people. It was ridiculous. But all the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: All the rooms have good views.
1  Thank ericTwinWaters

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms, restaurants, water park and aquarium excellent. Nevertheless, I have noted your concern with regards to your check-in experience. Please be assured that we are currently looking into innovative ways to reduce any delay that may occur during busy periods.

I look forward to welcoming you again at Atlantis, The Palm.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have just recently returned from a weeks stay at the Atlantis. From our early arrival to our departure nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. We were looked after exceptionally well and it was just a wonderful experience. We arrived at 8.30am and both our rooms were ready so we could get freshened up and get on with our holiday. There was no problem with us having breakfast and wow what can I say - enough variety of foods to keep you happy throughout your holiday! We were on half board and did find that a bit limiting as you cannot use all the restaurants available in the hotel, but there was still plenty of choice. We were there during Ramadan and there was no problems at the hotel - food and drink were served at the poolside and food was fully available in the pool. Water was replenished every day in the room (and once they caught on to how much tea I drink, the gave me more than enough every day!). Just be aware that there is absolutely no food or drink served at the shopping malls during Ramadan, however they are brilliant places to visit after sun down. We used taxis to get around (give the Big Bus a miss - cost us £220 for the four of us - many of the places didn't work in with our time schedule and there are only two routes so difficult to swap to get back to the Atlantis - and it took forever - we only used one day of our ticket and vowed never to get back on that bus again!). The average taxi cost from the Atlantis was around £10 to the malls, Burg al Arab, etc. which was fine for a family of four - far better than the bus and much more comfortable than the bus. Taxis are always available at the hotel. Booked a desert safari through the hotel and it was a great experience - well worth the money. Driver was very chatty and everything ran very smoothly. We didn't upgrade to Imperial Club and don't think it would be worth the money - we had deluxe rooms which were fine (although they say that they have a balcony, which I thought we could sit out in before we arrived, you can't - you can stand against the railing!). The beds and bedding were so comfortable, if I could have shipped it home I would have :-). My daughter and I did the Royal Dolphin experience and we would highly recommend it - it was totally amazing - staff were great and the dolphins were better! Well worth the money.

All in all we had a wonderful holiday at the Atlantis and I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

6  Thank Sharon J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to read that you were exceptionally well looked after and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Please be assured that I will pass on your kind comments to my team.

Thank you once again for recommending us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back at Atlantis, The Palm in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just came back from our 10 day family holiday. It was just myself husband and 3 yr old. I'd be honest if luxury, service, helpfulness is what you are looking for then this is not the place for you! After changing rooms four times in four days we started to get on with our holiday. As a frequent flyer to this part of the world and staying in various hotels this has to be the worse for service, communication amongst internal staff and guests. We changed rooms for various reason, things not working, construction no balcony when we requested it. And all four times was never smooth sailing and hard work when we were told specific times to be back at room for the change and then having to wait two hours and waste your whole day. I actually expected more. But what I think the main problem here is that it's too big and too busy and the staff can't handle any kind of query whether it's small or large it's like the staff are not trained will not go above and beyond and will not actually listen. Any way there are two plus's at the end that made up for lack of service. There are various restaurants that you can go too if you are on half board. But like most comments on this hotel you have to book or wait 40 mins for a table. The food is actually very good and lots of choice and selection. The only thing that kept us here on the full duration was the water-park and how you have unlimited access because you are a guest. I wouldn't stay here again as there is so much more and better places to stay which we experienced in another hotel after this one. Oh and was last thing wifi is not free which I think is madness. Hope this comment helps,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Jane243

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.

I was very concerned to read your feedback as it does not reflect the high standard of service that we uphold. Allow me to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that you have been through and please be assured that I have already passed on your comments to my team for review and action.

On a more positive note, I am happy that you found our food quality and variety to be very good and that you thoroughly enjoyed your complimentary access to Aquaventure.

I hope to be able to welcome you again at Atlantis, The Palm and that you may experience the improvement that we have made.