“Wonderful service”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #109 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 7 February 2009

We spent a few days there in October last year. We were part of a group of 150 people who had booked as part of a conference.

Our room was spacious and clean. Just be careful when looking in the mini bar - the items have sensors on so when you touch them you are automatically charged for them.

We had breakfast and lunch daily at the Saffron. I highly recommend them, the chefs were awesome, especially in the Chinese section. I had no idea what to order and asked them to surprise me with something. The meals were great. The other Asian section that provided more stir fries were also very good. Overall the chefs in the Saffron were more than willing to assist with meal choices and more than willing to make something non traditional. The fresh fruit was the best I have eaten outside of picking it myself at a farm.

Overall the stay was great, the staff in the hotel were courteous, friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank claudv
There are newer reviews for Atlantis, The Palm

Reviewed 7 February 2009

Arrived at the hotel at 6am, and had paid for the night before just so that we did not have to wait to check in. Unfortunately when we got there, it took 45mins to get us a room. This was very annoying considering we had paid an extra night just to avoid the hassle! After some time which felt like ages, we got our rooms. My parents were not satisfied with their room, it had a crib ( we did not travel with any baby), and they also said it smelled bad. My room was ok, nothing special. After complaining they moved us to another room, it was pretty the same for me, although no crib and smell for my parents room.
The resort itself is great, the staff are very nice and helpful. They always greeted you, room service was really quick, and they always called to ask if the food and service was good. If you have kids, then i dont think they will EVER get bored, as they is so much to do and see. There is the Lost chambers- i think 65,000 species of fish, the dolphin bay, the aquaventure park with is HUGE and a lot of fun.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family trip, in the weekends it was quite busy, and people are allowed to come and visit the hotel and go to the Aquaventure and their other attractions (although i think one pool is reserved to guests) so it can get quite busy at times. Since i was with my parents it was cool, but i think if i was looking for a romantic getaway i would not choose this hotel. Still i would go to the aquaventure, cause it is so much fun!
Had a facial at the spa (The palm Deep cleaning facial) and it was AWESOME! Very relaxing and very well organised, i strongly recommend this facial!
The breakfast room is HUGE, like serisously it felt like a cruise at times! And breakfast is until noon, which is awesome if you are not a morning person!
In all i really liked the hotel, although donot expect a quiet hotel, and the rooms are just OK. I do not know about the suites with the aquarium but it sounds real cool.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank sherna123
Reviewed 1 February 2009

So, arrived Dubai arrivals at 4.30 local worrying about the 6 diazepam I have in my bag (for back problems) as am sure I shall get locked up for being a drug dealer. Fears over, sail through immigration, next port taxi to Atlantis please. Thanks to TA reviews, exit left from the airport to be greeted by a fleet of beige and yellow cabs. Now, start calculating the exchange £1 = 5aed, 20aed straight on the meter for a night fare plus our journey which I guestimate to be 25 mins. Arrive Atlantis near on 25 minutes exactly thanks to Stirling Moss our cab driver and parted with 80aed including a round up to nearest 5aed, not bad, I make that less than twenty quid.
Ok, so it’s now around the 5.40am mark and our bags are whisked away by a bellman and we’re shown to the Imperial Club VIP check in by another equally polite and attentive gentleman. For those of you pondering a visit to Atlantis, I know it’s far from a cheap local hotel but, if I could make one recommendation with regards to Imperial club. If you intend to spend a fair bit of time at the hotel and given the facilities I would suggest you probably will, consider the extra cost for Imperial club. Imperial Club guests, once parted of and extra £400 approx for an average stay will qualify for copious extras in the way of food and beverages. Given the cost of eating and drinking in hotels in Dubai, this proved to be money well spent as the Imperial lounge offered food from 7am (massive breakfasts) to sushi, cakes, pastries, cold meats, cheese, fruit, tea, coffee and alcohol right up to 11pm, all included in the Imperial upgrade cost.
Now, having read the early TA post on Atlantis, I must admit to being tempted by staying off the island at say the Jumeirah beach hotel. Early Atlantis reviewers, even though they had been fortunate enough to have had the luxury of a massive discount on room rates, were scathing of the fact that the resort wasn’t quite finished and service was far from attentive. Please note that the hotel had a soft opening to bring staff up to speed, no easy task when you have around 1500 rooms and a smilar amount employed encompassing around 39 nationalities.
After a two hour nap, assessment of our room, (very comfortable) a shower and a massive breakfast at the imperial lounge, I was ready to explore.
From the outset, climbing from our cab on arrival, the staff were, courteous, attentive, without being subservient and very accommodating. In fact I would suggest that given early reviews, perhaps Atlantis is overstaffed to appease the early negative reviews.
In a nutshell, staff…10/10, cleanliness of hotel…10/10, general facilities (giant aquarium, water park) 10/10. The only criticism of my experience at Atlantis would be the dolphins, you don’t get to swim with them but understand that this is due to change about mid 2009, the photo’s cost a fortune and its not a 90 minute experience as one is led to believe… 7/10.

Hope this helps

Avinagg

Aka Ken

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
9  Thank AvinAgg
Reviewed 28 January 2009

My wife and i stayed at the Atlantis Palm for 4 nights in november 2008 just before the official opening.We had a luxury room with a large balcony with 2 sun loungers overlooking the pool and the sea.You can't fault everything that this hotel has to offer.The attention they give you is superb.The pool area was excellent with more than adequate numbers of sunbeds and the same also goes for the beach area and everywhere was kept spotlessly clean.We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay here and would love to visit again some time soon.The breakfast that was included was first class in every aspect and the restaurant was a delight.Evening meals were expensive as were all the drinks,however as this was a special occasion and we knew before hand that it was not going to be cheap we didn't mind.The adventure park is free to guests and you can spend a great day in there,although it can get very busy at times as non guests can pay to come in and use this facility.I would definitely recommend this hotel as a treat or special occasion as long as you are aware it can be very expensive.Taxis are cheap enough into Dubai City from the hotel and you could eat out there a lot cheaper if you wanted to.The monorail due for completion this year (2009) from the hotel will make access to other areas easier and more interesting.Dubai is a great place to visit and is both friendly and safe.This was our third visit to Dubai and we love it.I would recommend a day out on the open top bus which takes you to all the places of interest around Dubai,the ticket allows you to hop on and off the bus when you like.Also a trip along Dubai creek on a Dhow boat with an evening meal is a must.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luv2travelsolihull
Reviewed 27 January 2009

I have waited a bit to write this review so that I could be clear about things.
The actual price of the trip, we found it on travelfinger.com - was good; but generally and we were warned, the place was expensive.
Don’t get me wrong the hotel is good, but I really think that’s all it is. It’s new, spotlessly clean with attentive helpful staff everywhere. The pools are very good too, maybe the best I have experienced; the infinity pool looking out over the city is terrific and the water park and aquarium is also up there. (Though lots of people could not help but tell me it’s better at the Jumeirah Park-you know the type!)
Our room was fine, spacious with up to date mod cons, iplayer, plasma telly, and a nice balcony also with good views. Breakfast in The Saffron Restaurant which was included in the price, was wonderful, probably one of the nicest hotel breakfasts I have had.

Okay, now the issue. This was my first time in Dubai and frankly I thought the whole place was too expensive for what it is. Overpriced, is what I would call it. In the hotel, a glass of champange was thirty quid, breakfast if not included, was around a hundred. General food prices in the restaurants were a couple of hundred for a meal for two. The dolphin park was around three hundred an hour. As for the booze, forget it, it,s crazy prices, stock up on the duty free.
Another problem which nobody forewarned us about was the fact that non residents can run around the hotel all day long and I thought that was a bit of a take-on for those staying there.

The beach is man made, as is the whole locality and that’s another problem; it feels manufactured. There aren’t any of those little finds you enjoy discovering . It’s almost bordering on Disney.
A nice hotel yes, but I am so pleased we did not pay fortunes for it as did some…give me Vegas anyday!

• Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank scarrowbird
Reviewed 21 January 2009

Stayed at the Atlantis at the end of November as i heard there had been a few problems i was aware it might not have lived upto my expectations but that wasnt the case. As we arrived in Dubai and the taxi drove towards the hotel it was like a dream come true. The hotel staff were friendly and there wasnt a que to check in unlike other people may have had problems. The room was nice had a great view of the pool and the beach.
We were able to have a shallow water interaction with the dolphins which was the best thing about our stay only wished we could have swam with them.
The hotel prices for the food and drink is very expensive for what you get which was a bit of a let down for me as that was one of the things i was looking forward to otherwise the breakfast was the best meal of the day with a chocolate fountain which i loved!
The water park was very busy on a weekend as anyone can go there so go early.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2009

Very nice hotel and typical Las Vegas style looks. Rooms are however very, very disappointing for the very, very expensive price you pay for staying here. Restaurants and pools are fantastic and the water park is the best in the world. Hotel staff are available everywhere and the level of attentoin and service is the best and can't be beat. They really treat you very, very well everywhere reception, bell desk, security gards in the hallway, lobby, restaurant personel, life guards at the pool etc etc. We live in Thailand are are used to best service but we were still impressed with Atlantis and their attention to their guest. All prices are however too expensive and you get just a normal typical 3-4 star room. Our kids want to go back due to the waterpark - but this place is not really affordable.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business