“Perfect weekend...”

Ranked #94 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Doha, Qatar
“Perfect weekend...”
Reviewed 16 February 2009

Spent a long weekend over Valentine's and had the best time. We were upgraded to a suite, which was huge and had every amenity you can imagine. The hotel is amazing...we have stayed all over the world, but this place is impressive. We could have spent a week there and never left the resort/water park. Kids, ages 12 and 6, loved it and hated leaving. Highly recommend booking the dolphin experience. Expensive but worth it.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank lid91

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,618)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 13 February 2009

Make no mistake...this hotel is wonderful! If you are a couple who likes the finer things in life with young children who just want to have fun all day, the Atlantis is perfect.

We just returned from the Atlantis after spending three days celebrating my 40th birthday. My wife booked it as a surprise and chose the hotel because I'm just a big kid really! So, my main concern (once I found out we were going there) was that Atlantis might be aimed too squarely at the ankle biters....

Not the case...

The restaurants and bars are absolutely top class. My wife and I often dine in good restaurants in London and the ones in Atlantis easily match up on food quality and comfortably beat the London venues on visual drama and attentiveness. We dined at Nobu and Seafire (where my wife had a Wagyu steak!) and spent about the same as we would in London on superb food and sublime wines...in an incredible setting.

The design and execution throughout this hotel is fantastic! You walk in to a lobby that takes your breath away with a 30-metre glass sculpture in the middle and fountains round the edge. Brilliant! The drama continues throughout the vast common areas in the hotel culminating in a huge water tank containing 15000 fish...including a whale shark and series of lost world chambers!

Your quite pricey stay includes entry to the awesome water park next door and the dolphin bay, but you have to pay about £90 to swim with the dolphins.

Our room was a little plain compared to the rest of the hotel, but it was really comfortable and clean. Only gripe would be that a balcony does not come as standard, so we had drink out duty free bought champers in the room! If you've got a spare £20k, you could always book a night at the bridge suite, which we got a guided tour of....simply stunning!

In the evening, take a few happy hour drinks on the beach at Nasimi, where a DJ and Sax player serve up chilled out house while the sun sets...then later on...wander up to the Sanctuary club where the inside is dark and moody playing electro and the outside balcony area is blessed with wooden pergolas, white canvas blowing in the breeze, exotic dancers, funky house and great cocktails at £9 a throw. You could think you were in a top venue in Ibiza!

Top Hotel...top staff...top kids entertainment...to quality bars and restaurants. Save up and do about 3-4 days...you won't regret it!

• Liked — Great food, wine and nightclubbing and kids entertainment on the premises
  • Disliked — Balcony costs extra!
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
8 Thank dhopkins19
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 February 2009

First night, we arrived to Dubai Int't airport, picked up by Atlantis Transfer in a BMW X5, excellent service, and good driver. We arrived to Atlantis in 30 minutes, with no traffic at all.

We received a complimentary upgrade to Terrace Suite. Gigantic Terrace facing the beach, and the Royal Tower Pool side. Excellent view to wake up to each morning. The Balcony was so big it was big enough to have a party of 30 people at least on it.

During our 3 nights stay in Atlantis, we did Aquaventure, Lost Chambers, Dolphin Bay, Beach, Zero Entry Pool, The Zone, The Kids Club, ate at Seafire, Saffron, and Kaleidoscope, bought souvenirs in Legend, went out to Mall Of Emirates one morning ot reserve our private lesson for the kids at Ski Dubai, and checked out on the 4th day.

In Atlantis, what we liked most about it was the friendliness of the staff, EVERY (I mean EVERY single staff) from Front desk, concierge, guest relations, bellmen, security, cleaning ladies, buggy drivers, the thousands of lifeguards, waiters and waitresses, the cashiers... SMILES. Everyone was so friendly to my kids, they always offer their help, never can do too much for us.

The service in the Saffron, Kaleidoscope are commendable. Usually, in our experience, in Buffet restaurants in hotels, their staff are SO overworked, they try their best, but service is always so-so. However, this is not the case in Atlantis, Saffron's breakfast was great, always gave us a nice table, service was efficient with coffee, tea, or anything you needed.

Aquaventure was wonderful to spend a half day in. Some I can see, would spend a whole day. It wasn't busy during our stay, so we had a great time. Towels are provided for hotel guests free of charge in the park, there are plenty of lounge chairs, plenty of tubes for guests to sit on to float down the rapids( exciting) or just the quiet side of the "river". It goes around the whole park. Husband was brave enough to go on the Ziggurat, the Leap of Faith... 3 times. It was straight down, into the tunnel where the sharks are..... we had a great time just WATCHING people survive the "leap of faith!".

The hotel is a great family hotel because it's easy to navigate. The signage in the hotel is very clear, staff is great, they recognized us by the next afternoon that we didn't have to show room key anymore to access the room. Security is good, and overall I thought the whole hotel's food standards was very high. Saffron and Kaleidoscope and other small eateries' prices were reasonable, of course higher than your average price OUTSIDE a top notch hotel, but within hotel like Atlantis, I find their prices very reasonable.

Lost Chambers- kids enjoyed it, and loved seeing the changes in the Aquarium each time we passed it to our room, and the scuba divers were interesting for my kids.

Seafire- expensive, but was our budgeted one night of splurging for eating. It was wonderful. The staff were wonderful in their service, taking care of my kids, have kids menu, and anything that we didn't like or requested, they accomodated with the utmost professionalism, friendliness, and efficiency.

Overall, we were VERY happy at Atlantis, wouldn't hesitate to return to stay in our next trip.

From Atlantis to Mall of Emirates, took about 10-15 minutes by taxi. Very convenient. Each time we went to or left the Palm, it was always amazing to see all the housing, and construction that was going on.

Beach at Atlantis, very nice, quiet waters, lots of buggies with drinks and snacks to serve you, towels were provided readily, lost of lounge chairs, hammocks were available nearby the Zero Entry Pool, trampoline for kids, massages, souvenirs shops, and buggies were readily to drive you anywhere around the resort.

Taxi- queue- NEVER waited for taxi. Go out the main entrance, and we hopped on the taxi.

Decided to pass on the BIG bus tour, seemed not a very interesting activity, just to eat dust..... (what my husband said)..... so we decided NOT to do it.

If you are a guest of Atlantis, and you get your breakfast included, and Aquaventure is free of charge, and Lost Chambers was free of charge, and free towels at the beach and pools, you really don't spend much money except

If you are considering or hestitating ...whether the Atlantis should be your hotel choice in Dubai,... my advice, don't hesitate, it was our best decision, and a wonderful start to our first trip in Dubai.

I like to thank the general manager, Mr. A. Zarzosa for his generosity and wonderful hospitality, and the wonderful reception host, Myles. Thank you !

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
8 Thank Katetam
south Africa
Reviewed 7 February 2009

We spent a few days there in October last year. We were part of a group of 150 people who had booked as part of a conference.

Our room was spacious and clean. Just be careful when looking in the mini bar - the items have sensors on so when you touch them you are automatically charged for them.

We had breakfast and lunch daily at the Saffron. I highly recommend them, the chefs were awesome, especially in the Chinese section. I had no idea what to order and asked them to surprise me with something. The meals were great. The other Asian section that provided more stir fries were also very good. Overall the chefs in the Saffron were more than willing to assist with meal choices and more than willing to make something non traditional. The fresh fruit was the best I have eaten outside of picking it myself at a farm.

Overall the stay was great, the staff in the hotel were courteous, friendly and helpful.

Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank claudv
London
Reviewed 7 February 2009

Arrived at the hotel at 6am, and had paid for the night before just so that we did not have to wait to check in. Unfortunately when we got there, it took 45mins to get us a room. This was very annoying considering we had paid an extra night just to avoid the hassle! After some time which felt like ages, we got our rooms. My parents were not satisfied with their room, it had a crib ( we did not travel with any baby), and they also said it smelled bad. My room was ok, nothing special. After complaining they moved us to another room, it was pretty the same for me, although no crib and smell for my parents room.
The resort itself is great, the staff are very nice and helpful. They always greeted you, room service was really quick, and they always called to ask if the food and service was good. If you have kids, then i dont think they will EVER get bored, as they is so much to do and see. There is the Lost chambers- i think 65,000 species of fish, the dolphin bay, the aquaventure park with is HUGE and a lot of fun.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family trip, in the weekends it was quite busy, and people are allowed to come and visit the hotel and go to the Aquaventure and their other attractions (although i think one pool is reserved to guests) so it can get quite busy at times. Since i was with my parents it was cool, but i think if i was looking for a romantic getaway i would not choose this hotel. Still i would go to the aquaventure, cause it is so much fun!
Had a facial at the spa (The palm Deep cleaning facial) and it was AWESOME! Very relaxing and very well organised, i strongly recommend this facial!
The breakfast room is HUGE, like serisously it felt like a cruise at times! And breakfast is until noon, which is awesome if you are not a morning person!
In all i really liked the hotel, although donot expect a quiet hotel, and the rooms are just OK. I do not know about the suites with the aquarium but it sounds real cool.

• Liked — The aquaventure, Dolphin Bay, and how big it was
  • Disliked — Crowded at times, rooms are just ok
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank sherna123
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2009

So, arrived Dubai arrivals at 4.30 local worrying about the 6 diazepam I have in my bag (for back problems) as am sure I shall get locked up for being a drug dealer. Fears over, sail through immigration, next port taxi to Atlantis please. Thanks to TA reviews, exit left from the airport to be greeted by a fleet of beige and yellow cabs. Now, start calculating the exchange £1 = 5aed, 20aed straight on the meter for a night fare plus our journey which I guestimate to be 25 mins. Arrive Atlantis near on 25 minutes exactly thanks to Stirling Moss our cab driver and parted with 80aed including a round up to nearest 5aed, not bad, I make that less than twenty quid.
Ok, so it’s now around the 5.40am mark and our bags are whisked away by a bellman and we’re shown to the Imperial Club VIP check in by another equally polite and attentive gentleman. For those of you pondering a visit to Atlantis, I know it’s far from a cheap local hotel but, if I could make one recommendation with regards to Imperial club. If you intend to spend a fair bit of time at the hotel and given the facilities I would suggest you probably will, consider the extra cost for Imperial club. Imperial Club guests, once parted of and extra £400 approx for an average stay will qualify for copious extras in the way of food and beverages. Given the cost of eating and drinking in hotels in Dubai, this proved to be money well spent as the Imperial lounge offered food from 7am (massive breakfasts) to sushi, cakes, pastries, cold meats, cheese, fruit, tea, coffee and alcohol right up to 11pm, all included in the Imperial upgrade cost.
Now, having read the early TA post on Atlantis, I must admit to being tempted by staying off the island at say the Jumeirah beach hotel. Early Atlantis reviewers, even though they had been fortunate enough to have had the luxury of a massive discount on room rates, were scathing of the fact that the resort wasn’t quite finished and service was far from attentive. Please note that the hotel had a soft opening to bring staff up to speed, no easy task when you have around 1500 rooms and a smilar amount employed encompassing around 39 nationalities.
After a two hour nap, assessment of our room, (very comfortable) a shower and a massive breakfast at the imperial lounge, I was ready to explore.
From the outset, climbing from our cab on arrival, the staff were, courteous, attentive, without being subservient and very accommodating. In fact I would suggest that given early reviews, perhaps Atlantis is overstaffed to appease the early negative reviews.
In a nutshell, staff…10/10, cleanliness of hotel…10/10, general facilities (giant aquarium, water park) 10/10. The only criticism of my experience at Atlantis would be the dolphins, you don’t get to swim with them but understand that this is due to change about mid 2009, the photo’s cost a fortune and its not a 90 minute experience as one is led to believe… 7/10.

Hope this helps

Avinagg

Aka Ken

• Liked — too much to list, fantastic decor, staff, food......
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
9 Thank AvinAgg
solihull
Reviewed 28 January 2009

My wife and i stayed at the Atlantis Palm for 4 nights in november 2008 just before the official opening.We had a luxury room with a large balcony with 2 sun loungers overlooking the pool and the sea.You can't fault everything that this hotel has to offer.The attention they give you is superb.The pool area was excellent with more than adequate numbers of sunbeds and the same also goes for the beach area and everywhere was kept spotlessly clean.We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay here and would love to visit again some time soon.The breakfast that was included was first class in every aspect and the restaurant was a delight.Evening meals were expensive as were all the drinks,however as this was a special occasion and we knew before hand that it was not going to be cheap we didn't mind.The adventure park is free to guests and you can spend a great day in there,although it can get very busy at times as non guests can pay to come in and use this facility.I would definitely recommend this hotel as a treat or special occasion as long as you are aware it can be very expensive.Taxis are cheap enough into Dubai City from the hotel and you could eat out there a lot cheaper if you wanted to.The monorail due for completion this year (2009) from the hotel will make access to other areas easier and more interesting.Dubai is a great place to visit and is both friendly and safe.This was our third visit to Dubai and we love it.I would recommend a day out on the open top bus which takes you to all the places of interest around Dubai,the ticket allows you to hop on and off the bus when you like.Also a trip along Dubai creek on a Dhow boat with an evening meal is a must.

• Liked — A nice touch of luxury
  • Disliked — Very expensive
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple