“Superb”
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #110 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Expensive but excellent, get taxi from airport to hotel, buffet meals pricey but wonderful. Aquaventure great for kids, we loved it!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Atlantis, The Palm

Reviewed 8 September 2009

My wife and I just got back from Atlantis. We were there for our honeymoon and this was our first visit to Dubai. We stayed in the Imperial Club room on the 12th floor (same floor as the Imperial Lounge Club room).

We arrived at the hotel at 8:30am, even though the check in was at 2pm, they set us up with a room and sent our bags up with no issues. This was a bonus as we were able to freshen up and enjoy breakfast after a long flight.

The hotel is very very big, it was amazing. Our room was a nice size as well. I was very glad with the size of the bathroom, it was very spacious.

The water park was so much fun. We stayed away from it on Friday and Saturday because it was very busy, the line ups were long and the lazy river was packed.

The restaurants and bars were nice, a little expensive but what can you do.

We had to leave the hotel at 7am in order to be at the airport on time. At this time breakfast would have just started, so we decided to order breakfast to our room for 6am. I was so suprised that room service knocked on the door exactly at 6am.

I was totally impressed with the service at the hotel. The staff are very freindly as we were always greeted where ever we went.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2009

We have just returned from a 6 night break at the palm and it truly was amazing.

When we arrived I asked for a room upgrade as we were there to celebrate my partners 30th birthday and they did this without any problem and we were put in the west tower on the 14th floor with a lovely view over the hotel pool and palm.

The rooms were lovely and were cleaned twice a day, the beds were really comfortable with feather duvets and pillow's. You had an ice bucket in the room which you could go and fill up in the ice room which are on every floor. The mini bar in the room is a little bit expensive I paid £3 for a can of diet pepsi also I used the phone and it cost me £28 for a 6 minute call so I would advise using your mobile.

On the evening of Terry's birthday the maid arrived with 15 beautiful red roses and she had made 2 swan's on the bed out of the towels and he was given a lovely cake and card in the seafire resturant.

The food was really really good the best I've ever had and we have been to alot of places and this was by far the best, we went half board which was really good value because you had to have the breakfast but you could choose either lunch or dinner for your second meal of the day and both were really good and in the evening you had a choice of 4-5 resturants.

The hotel is so clean and there is people cleaning it 24/7.

The pool was lovely but we didn't buy drinks from the bar we bought the water down from the room and just got glasses of ice. When your around the pool in the day time they bring you iced flannels which was very nice given that it was 49 degress most days!

The water park is amazing and we went there for 4 days out of the 6.

In the evening we drunk in the nassimi bar as it was half price on a large sselection of drinks.

The hotel staff are all so helpful and nothing is a problem, keeping the customer happy really is number one to them.

The cold stone in the avenue's does the best milkshakes they are a little pricey at £6 but are to die for.

I would reccomend getting your money changed up at the airport in Dubai as they give you a much better exchange rate than anywhere in the U.K also it is worth buying alchol to have in your room at the airport as it is dear to buy at the hotel and saves you a bit of money, we went to the Dubai mall whne we arrived and bought some coke, diet coke to use as mixers and crips for snack's which worked out cheaper than the U.K.

I would highly recommend a trip to al karama for some good and cheap copies of handbags, clothes ect...

Overall we had a really lovely time and would love to thank all the staff at the Atlantis for making our trip so enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank annzo27
Reviewed 8 September 2009

We stayed here in June 2009. We splurged to spoil ourselves for the last 2 nights of our holiday. It was amazing! We stayed on the very top floor overlooking the palm and the views were fantastic! Check in and out was smooth and easy. The rooms were well appointed! Separate bath and shower in the bathroom, we had a separate space for the wardrobe area, and the service was impeccable!

The only disappointment was the price to eat at the hotel, we had lunch once and spent approx. $20 AUD for one chicken and lettuce baguette, that we shared and both got a bit of a lurgy afterwards, you could tell it wasn't even fresh but for the price we paid we felt we had to eat it! From then on we ate at the Mall of the Emirates which was so much better (they have a shuttle there complimentary - prepare to wait an hour though as they do alot of backtracking to pick up from other hotels)

On our last night we ate at Levantines in the hotel for an authentic Arabic mezze and that was great! We didn't mind splurging on the last night! But it was worth it!

The final thing that I have to mention is the cruelty of holding a WHALE SHARK in captivity - they are endangered!!! It is bad enough that it is in a tank but it's the size of the tank that is the cruel part! THERE IS NO WAY AN ANIMAL THAT SIZE SHOULS BE HELD IN A TANK THAT SMALL!!! It may be deep but it only takes the animal less than 2 minutes to swim a full circle! I am in no way an animal rights activiist but it disgusted me enough for me to become one. Heartbreaking!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charmaine B
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We have just returned from an 8 night stay at The Atlantis. From previous reviews I can say that I was a bit apprehensive about our trip, having previously stayed at Mina Al Salam.

However, I cannot see what there is to moan about. But then again you cannot please some people!

Check In - We arrived just after midnight and check in was swift and efficient, we were in our room and luggage delivered within 10 minutes of arriving. We were upgraded to an Atlantis room, which faced onto the Palm, with excellent views of the palm, Royal Pool and the Burj Al Arab. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and my sisters 40th birthday, my sister was provided with a beautiful birthday cake and we were also left chocolates in our room. The balcony was small, but to be honest we only used the room for sleeping and changing.

Room - the rooms were spacious and always well cleaned, the only thing that was missing was a toilet brush, although it certainly never crossed my mind to moan about it. We had turn down service every night, and were left water after they cleaned the room and also after turn down. The beds were large and extremely comfortable, the bed linen was simple but nice. The only thing I really missed was a dressing area with a dressing table, as there really was nowhere to plug your hair dryer in and sit and dry your hair, a small gripe, but it didn't spoil my holiday.

Pools & Sea - Both pools were nice, but we preferred Zero entry pool as it was much quieter than the Royal pool. Atlantis seems to have taken on board some previous comments, as they now provide cold towels at 12.30pm, iced lollies at 1.30pm and sun glasses cleaning at about 2.30pm....all free of charge.

The sea was calm and lovely and warm, although very salty, but made floating very easy!!! there is a little bit of coarse sand just as you enter the water, but certainly not as previous reviewers have said, no way could you say it was pepples, and as for the jelly fish, I did see one small jellyfish, but also saw a child throwing sand all over it and the childs mother laughing at her sons actions....so i'm not surprised people are getting stung if this is how people are treating them....and bear in mind the sea is where they live!!!! and theres nothing the hotel can do about jellyfish being present in the Sea!!!

Staff - All the staff were extremely friendly and everyone said good morning, good evening etc...We certainly had no complaints about any member of staff, and we had excellent service throughout our stay.....Service where service is due is what I say...

Aqua-Adventure - We went most days and had a great time, it's certainly excellent if you have children as you can stay there all day. I have been to Wild Wadi and other water parks in the Middle East and this water park is just as good. The food in the Water Park is pretty standard for this type of venue - fast food - burgers, pizza's and wraps and french fries.....it's no different to any other water park in the Middle East...what do people expect???? a 5* gourmet meal???

Restaurants - some of the Restaurants were pretty expensive, but the hotel had specials on every day, and the food in the Restaurants was no more expensive than the Restaurants at the Mina Al Salam. However, we only ate at one of the hotel Restaurants - Seafire, I had a lovely meal, however, my sister and my husband ended up with suspected food poisoning from this Restaurant....it may have been from the peppercorn sauce they both had, and my husband ended up not leaving our room for 2 days!!!

Breakfast - This was included with our stay and always plenty of choice at Saffron and Kalaidoscope, we never once had any wait to be seated.

General - Although the hotel is a little way out, taxis are cheap..just over £5 to go to Emirates Mall...and Madinat Jumeirah, there was 5 of us so only £2 return each, it was slightly more to go to Dubai Mall, but worth visiting just to see the water fountains.

Some hotel guests did hang their washing over the balcony which did spoil the look when approaching the Hotel...and that is something the Hotel should address. I cannot say that we came accross any lager louts in the hotel and if people choose to wear football shirts it does not mean they are are a lout, and surely it is everyones preference on what they wear.

We enjoyed our stay at The Atlantis and would consider returning, I would certainly reccommend this hotel to families, but if you are a couple wanting a quiet restful holiday this hotel may not be for you.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2009

First off, i love Dubai, i can't get enough of it. I have been 3 times in the last 2 years, and stayed at 3 different hotels, the latest of which was Atlantis. We got the Emirates business class offer and thus 2 nights at the hotel were free. As soon as you enter the hotel you are taken aback by the size of the lobby, and its grandure. tne theme is executed well, and the staff are curteous. Check in was swift and we went straight to the room. The rooms are nice, quite spacious, not overly decorated, and the bathroom was brilliant in my view. However, for a 5* in Dubai i would have expected the rooms to be larger. Concierge was very helpful with our queries, and the Avenues and the Lost Chambers are definately worth a visit.
Breakfast was absolutely gobsmacking - such a wide array of brilliantly prepared food, including some of the best dim sum i have ever tried, and a chocolate fountain, accompanied with a bizzare choice of gummy bears and sweets, nevertheless nice.
There is a good choice of cuisine for those who want to dine in the hotel, although pricey, its worth an experience. Levantine was very good, and the Shisha was well made, and Ossiana seems like a great experience, although i didnt ghet to go there.
The fitness centre was absolutely first class, great choice of machines, with attentive staff.
All in all, its a very nice hotel, however i couldnt see myself staying at this hotel again simply because there are far better hotels in Dubai.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2009

We stayed at the Atlantis for Easter 09, It was fabulous, altho the room wasn`t as grand as I
thought it would it was very comfortable and we were overlooking the Giant Fishtank that they had in the lobby, this I absolutely fell in love with. We were able to look directly down into it and see the fish and sharks beeing feed. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The different resturants were amazing but be prepared for the expence. Also be careful when you check your bill as you sign everything to your room, we were charged for somebodys £1000.00 meal! you can check your bill via the tv in your room and I think its advisable to do this before you get to the checking out desk. I loved Dubai and would certainly use this hotel again. The water park was also amazing and free if your staying in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family