“Its Good - But Is It Right ?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantis, The Palm

Atlantis, The Palm
Ranked #91 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
ireland
“Its Good - But Is It Right ?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2009

I arrived in atlantis at 1 am after travelling for most of the day from ireland. the reception was large and spacious but lacked almost everything that I have come to love about dubai.
the staff in the hotel were very attentive - i can not fault any off them.

we ate in in 4 of the restaurants in the hotel and found the food to be excellent and not too pricey, but felt that wine was expensive, but I feel that this is an issue in Dubai in general

The major issue i had with the hotel was that it was soooooooooo big and not Arabian in any way , this was dissapointing, in fact unless you can see the famous Dubai Sky line you would almost feel that you were not in the Arabian Gulf.

The Water Park in sensational and is free for hotel guests, the dolphin adventure is also a great experiance and our travel agent was able to get us a 2 for 1 offer.

I am not sure if I would go back - but is definetly worth a visit

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,577)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Leitrim, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

Just back from the Atlantis. The hotel has exceptional service and surroundings.
Check in was very swift. The hotel is immaculate. However quite busy. Rooms were very well furnished, and room cleaning was offered to us twice per day.
Breakfast in Saffaron was very good, the choice was outstanding and the served until 11.am
Dinner was also very good here. Pool service was exceptional.
Slightly dissapointed with the water park, if you've been to Florida this does not compare.
Was very hot so sunbathing for more than a couple of hours was not possible for us.
Drinks were not over expensive, normal hotel rates.
Ok for a couple of days, but could not spend a week there.
Outstanding Gym though.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Jeddah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2009

Stayed in Atlantis The Palm in Dubai for 2 nights with my wife and 2 years old girl. The locations is great where you don't have to go out for full 3 days to finish everything in the hotel. The Water Park is Great for all ages, the Dolphin Bay was a great experiance with the family. you will eat till you drop with all sort of EXellent food. The beach is clean and equipt with kids play ground and nice view of Dubai city. just be ready to know that the beach showers are very cold, but the pool is just super. the Check-in/out was very quick and service is 100%.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2009

A great property. The service levels however could be improved. Check in at 1 a.m. took a half hour as the room was not as per our specification. Thankfully we got upgraded and got An Atlantis room instead of the normal room. The king bed was too small to fit my daughter alongwith us so we opted for another extra bed besides the one for my son.
The breakfast spread was great but an irritant was the wait to get in . When one pays in excess of $500 per room surely being made to wait to enter the restaurant is very onerous.
Another upsetting issue was the fact that my teenage son who got the enrty to club rush was not told that id is required (which beat me as only after showing the id was he issued the pass when we checked in). When he went to the club which was a good 15 minute walk he was told that the id was needed and then he came back in tears and in no mood to go back
The Lost at Atlantis and the water park was great and as such we had a great time.
Summing up I wish to say that though a great resort The Atlantis is not an Hotel which makes its guests feel pampered which they have the right as they are pay in in excess of $500 per day.
For pampering please go somewhere else. The Atlantis is like a Las Vegas hotel without the casino

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank prasan68
Leuven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

Great hotel but expensive. The hotel is big and looks like a fairytale, very nice decorated walls, aquariums (Lost Chambers is free for guest and is worth a visit). Also the water park Aquaventure is very nice, I really enjoyed it ! The hotel is very big and on every corner you're about to discover something interesting. Food is expensive (breakfast is 140dh and dinner even more) but very good. We ate at Saffron and Kaleidoscope restaurant. Rooms were clean, beds and bathroom great. You get free fruit and a bottle of water at your room. We had a room on the 11 floor. A taxi to this hotel is around 95 AED(night ) and I think 60 AED (day). The hotel is expensive but it's worth it and you only live once so just go ! Spectacular hotel, great service I hope to go again to this hotel ! THE MYTH COMES ALIVE IN THIS HOTEL ! We loved it !

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

friendly staff , gorgeous view,fun fun aquapark and nice sandy beach.

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

Not going to go on about the hotel itself , you know huge , luxurious ....etc I am sure it's all been talked about before ....

However , things that really annoyed me and confused me during my 2 days stay are :

- Room without balcony described as a room with a balcony ?!
We were told that that we were upgraded and that our room has a balcony. When we got to the room , it wasn't my idea of a balcony , it was a sliding door that opens on a ten inch wide balcony , that's not a balcony. After a 30 minutes argument with reception staff they agreed to move us to a new room on a higher floor.

- The new room did have a balcony yipee ! but smelled badly of cigarettes and the ceiling was developing some king of a grey moldy coat . It was huge still whwn I mentioned it to the maintenance guy he seemed surprised !

- It was my birthday and my wife made the point of letting the restaurant staff know , nothing not even a mention when we went there . I don't really care but I know some people would find it nice if someone acknowledged it .

- The seafood platter we were served at the Seafire restaurant was made of frozen seafood that tasted of absolutely nothing . I expected a bit more from a hotel with a 'sea theme' . We told the restaurant manager but were still charged for half of it !!

I haven't been to other restaurants but what I noticed it a huge queue every morning in front of the main restaurant ( i am guessing that's the half board area...)

Apart from that , yes the water park is nice and oh I really enjoyed the service at the pool bar .

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple