“Dubai In style”

Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
Ranked #111 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I choose to stay in this hotel last year with my family and i was delighted to stay at the same.

On arrival we were asked to wait for some as we requested for an early check-in, the hotel was kind enough to upgrade us to SPG rooms on the same floor, and also upgrade one of the rooms to Suite Room".

The room in general were also very spacious, having all the amenities which are required. The hotel was neat and clean. One thing about Dubai hotels is that they are vertical in shape, and hence gives a slightly different feeling as compared to a broad shaped hotel.

Pros: The location of the Hotel is very good, its right on Sheikh Zayed road, very near to Dubai Mall (one of Asia biggest Mall), connectivity to any part of Dubai is easy from this location, and also the Tour guides are easy to pickup from this place. The breakfast is Lavish and multi cuisines, suitable for Veggies and Non-Veggeis.

Cons: I am not very fascinated by high rise hotels, the hotel has no park / lawn to chill and relax in free time. The service was decent and not exemplary

Room Tip: Since it is a high rise hotel, choose one on high floor only in that case
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ParitG
Fiona_SZR, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2013

Hi Paritg,

Thank you for choosing to return to our hotel. It’s good to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your family on the same floor and that you found the property to be neat and clean. It’s something that our Housekeeping team strives for.

I hope that we will have a chance to welcome you and your family back during a future trip to Dubai.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Stayed for 5 nights with my family on a part business part holiday stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful in person. Its a fairly basic business orientated hotel, which I assume is their target market so I guess I shouldn't be too picky but we did have some issues. Firstly the fatat mistake a hotel can make is not clean a room properly....especially not changing the sheets between occupations. The give away was the little card by the bed proudly announcing they had not changed...some sort of environmental benefit. On careful inspection of the bed, evidence of the previous occupier was clear to see.

I don't care about the environment at midnight after an 11 hour flight with a baby in tow!!!!. A call to guest services, a less than apologetic response, eventually changed the sheets after about 30 mins and another call.

The breakfast restaurant is way to small for the size of the hotel, on our first day there was big line of grumpy looking business folks. It aint cheep either. My tip, walk 5 mins to Starbucks or Tim Horrimans (?) for a faster, cheaper cuppa coffer and pastry.

The pool is on the roof and in January at least, in the shade until 1pm. It is windy and cold up there too, so not very busy..good and bad thing. There is also a baby pool, but for some reason only the big pool is heated. Surely you would think that toddlers would like their pool heated too? All around the pool area is very slippy tiles, so they have to lay down mats. Again not really great for kids.

The roof top bar is good actually, but you cant take kids up there after 6pm. So again no where really to take kids after dark.

My biggest gripe...no WIFI in the room. Ok if you have ethernet socket you can access via wire, but if you are on ipad or macbook...be prepared to have to hang out in the public areas to get wifi. This is not great for business visitors or holiday makers. Especially as the public areas are not really that nice or big enough. Again Starbucks comes in very handy.

We had a corner preferred guest room, it was ok and a good view. A colleague was upgraded to a suite, which was great and had WIFI! So Sheraton.....why not put wifi into every room!?

Room Tip: Ask for a room with wifi....you might get just get offered a suite.
2  Thank DommieG

Hi DommieG,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am extremely sorry to hear about your arrival experience with your family. As we take matters like this quite seriously, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly about this so I can address this with our housekeeping team (Fiona.McArdle@fourpoints.com).
I understand how necessary wifi is for our travellers and guests today, and how frustrating it can be not to have this available in the guest rooms. We have had our project to upgrade this facility throughout the hotel approved, and this should hopefully be installed by the end of this first quarter.

I’m sorry that our hotel didn’t meet all your needs whilst travelling with your family.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly to discuss any details from your recent stay.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed in Four Point for a week in December and this was one excellent stay. To be honest I don't know why the rating of Four Points is worse than that of Rose Rayhaan (we stayed there afterwards and it seemed worse).
The rooms were spacious, with huge beds and a nice bathroom, Our room was facing Sheikh Zayed road so we got a nice view of Burj Khalifa. The room was cleaned every day and we could even get spare towels for the beach!

Beach: A really huge advantage of the hotel is that it has a shuttle bus to the beach, It goes there twice a day and picks up people afterwards. In contrast, Rose Rayhaan, a better-rated hotel, does not offer that.

Pool: the roof pool is just awesome, not so much for the pool itself, but for the 360 degrees view you have. In the afternoon you just chill out right next to water, at night you enjoy the view of Dubai at night with a drink in your hands:)

Wi-fi: Not that good, While the coverage was good in the lobby and restaurant, there wasnt any in the rooms (hey, we live in 21century!) and the coverage near the pool was also quite poor disappearing all the time.

Food was good, nothing to complain about.

Also, we were pretty happy that upon the checkout we were offered a safe, and the possibility to keep the towels and everything until we actually leave. Hence we could go to the beach and shower afterwards in the pool facitilities:)

Taxis - don't use the hotel ones, they are much more expensive, i.e. a trip to Dubai mall was offered for 25 DHS, whereas the state taxi would take you there for 10DHS (it's actually even less than that, but 10Dhs is a minimum fare in Dubai)

Would come here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank marinanast

Hi Marinanast,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with other travellers.

Glad to hear that you had an excellent stay with us in December and found our rooms to be spacious.

It’s great that you were able to experience the fantastic views from up at Level 43 as well as enjoy the pool and bar.

We appreciate your disappointment regarding the lack of wifi in the guest rooms, and understand how frustrating this is for our travellers today. I’m excited that our project to have wifi installed throughout the hotel has been approved, and should hopefully be installed by the end of this first quarter.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 3 February 2013

We recently spent five nights at this hotel in Dubai. The rooms are very comfortable, spacious and clean. The design is clean and modern. Loved the rooftop bar which has amazing views. There is free wireless in the lobby. The only complaint I have is the personnel in the hotel. We had reserved two rooms with connecting doors. This was confirmed when we booked the hotel. Upon arrival we had to learn that this was no longer possible. We therefore had to separate which was not what we had expected for our family vacation. The front desk personnel did not seem to care too much. We asked them multiple times to provide a solution.
The location is great - just a five minute cab ride to the Burj Khalifa.

Hi Cpervelo,

While it’s good to hear that you found our rooms to be comfortable and spacious. I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your requests for connecting rooms. Unfortunately when experiencing high occupancy, while we will do our best to allocate rooms according to guest requests, due to availability this isn’t always possible. I am very sorry that you were disappointed as a result.

I hope that you and your family enjoyed your trip to Dubai.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Hotel/grounds/location: The hotel is in a good location in Sheikh Zayed road, a stone's throw from a Dubai Metro station and as said in all previous reviews, they have a very miniature lobby. If you want to use the free wifi in the main lobby, you can sit in the breakfast restaurant (called the Eatery) because the lobby only has very few seats.
The rooftop pool (43th floor) is a great place to be in as it has a bar by the pool and you can admire the 360 degree view of Dubai from here. It also has a gym and a decent spa. I have just spent five nights at the hotel in January of 2013. The hotel was very, very clean and every staff member I dealt with very nice, pleasant and helpful. The room was always cleaned well and left very nice when I returned from my day trips.

The food was excellent. There is usually something everyone can complain about, at least one thing. But on this trip, everything was hassle free and easy sailing with this hotel.

I booked this hotel because it was in a central location and the price was right and based on all the positive reviews read on Tripadvisor, so I tried it out and was very impressed.
Many restaurants to choose in the neighbourhood including eateries such as KFC or you can settle for starbucks.

Rooms:
We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 33rd floor. This apartment was very spacious and kept perfectly clean. Compliments to the housekeeping staff. We were offered the choice of being on the backside of the hotel or the front side. We chose the backside of the hotel for less noice and we couldn’t hear a thing over here, slept very well. Comfortable beds, nice walk in closet. Great to have a washing machine and a dryer in the room as they really helped

Breakfast/restaurants:
We didn’t use any of the restaurants except for the eatery for the daily breakfast and once we went the Luigis the Italian restaurant. It was great. Most of the times we were having food outside due to our day trips, be it the desert safari or attacking the Malls. Dubai Mall and the Mall of emirates have good food courts.

Staff:
Staff were great throughout except during the checkout time wherein they had some discrepancies in the bill amount. Luckily I checked and found that out. It took them 30 minutes to resolve this which was the only downside of my whole review. This could have been avoided.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Ask a room at the backside or as high as possible to avoid noise.
1  Thank VivekAttavar

Hi VivekAttavar,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience.

It’s great to hear that our team were both pleasant and helpful during your stay. Our Executive Chef and Food and Beverage team will be pleased to hear that you found the food to be excellent.

It’s good that you were able to enjoy one of our lovely 2 bedroom apartments overlooking Jumeirah, and had the opportunity to enjoy the fantastic views offered up at Level 43.

We’re happy to hear that aside from the billing discrepancies at check out, your stay had been hassle free.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in January, a very busy period.
I stayed in a business suite, which is very good : spacious, with a kitchenette area.

The hotel was very clean throughout and all staff were prompt and knowledgeable.
The bed and pillows are extremely comfortable and the bedding extremely clean (unlike some other Dubai hotels I have stayed in).

I also liked the lack of carpeting (the floors are mostly tiled) which is more hygienic and hinders the sread of bugs from travellers (ticks, cockroaches etc).
On a hard floor you can at least see what you are treading on.
Despite being right by the motorway and very close to a mosque my room was very quiet day and night.
The only improvement I would suggest would be to provde free wifi in the rooms, rather than common areas.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed here whilst attending a conference, and it was conveniently situated a few stops from the conference centre, via the sky rail system. Although it was a walkable distance to the centre, I got the feeling that most people prefer to use the transport system, despite it being during the cooler winter months.
We arrived in the early hours of the morning, around 2am. Despite the time,were still greeted with genuine attention and friendliness. The breakfast was ample, and on par with most hotels of this standard.
The rooms were clean,really spacious, air conditioned, functional, with good black out curtains. They provided two complementary bottles of water, each day.
An area that really needs to be looked at, as most people staying here would be business travellers is that free wifi access is only available in the lobby or on the roof top.

The most memorable part of this hotel is the roof top bar and pool, with a magnificent view. A perfect opportunity to soak up the Dubai's atmosphere, whilst sipping on a cool drink.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Purpuni

Hi Purpuni,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay. I’m very happy to hear that after a late trip our team gave you a warm welcome to our hotel.

Glad you were able to find the time to enjoy some of Dubai’s fantastic views from up at Level 43 at the end of a long day at conferences.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back during your next trip to Dubai.

All the best,