“Excellent service”

Ranked #362 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Seychelles
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2009

I went to Dubai for the first time with my parents, and we stayed in Angsana.
Our stay was wonderful, we had a Two Bedrooms Suite, and it was fabulous! The view was beatiful.
From the bellman to the spa therapist, everybody was very nice and the service was more excellent at all times. They went the extra mile to satisfy our demands, specially the concierge.
In room dining was great, the staff were always friendly and smiling on the phone and then in the room.
We would definitely visit Angsana Dubai again!!!

• Stayed March 2009
AN_Executive_Office, Area General Manager at Angsana Dubai, responded to this review, 28 April 2009
Dear Sir,

On behalf of the team at Angsana Dubai, we wish to thank you immensely for taking the time to convey such gracious comments about us.

It is always a great pleasure to read through notes such as yours, for they serve as an inspiration to help us in our continued commitment to maintain the high standards you have experienced.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with others, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Angsana Dubai soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2009

Way too much dirt for this new hotel. I dont think they know how to clean the hotel. The pool bathrooms had water on the floor all day long and nobody attended to them. The food by the pool was awesome, loved the Fatoosh salad. Since the hotel is new, not too many things wrong with it. Starbucks was one block away, which was great, but can drivers had no idea where it was located. Great for a family that needs a 2 bedroom. Very very slow internet connection, but it was free.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2009

Over all the hotels I have stayed in, Angsana Dubai is bottoming the list in terms of every criterion.

I am a frequent traveler to Dubai, and having stayed in other hotels, I can compare to what I saw elsewhere. Angsana is definitely the worst by far

- the rooms are incredibly small compared to same priced and supposedly same service elsewhere (if you want a One bedroom apartment, check Somerset: Same price, and rooms 3 times as big

- the staff is the most incompetent and unfriendly I have had to deal with. An example would be when I came back one day and found out that an item of mine was missing. I had to speak to at least 10 people, who would eventually be very affirmative in telling me that they did not loose anything, and would refuse to pass me to their manager even after asking 5 times.

An example of incompetency would be how poor the cleaning of my room is done every day: If I do not think of putting a used glass in the sink, it would stay dirty as it is on my bedside table, or if I leave a trunk in the bathroom, I would find it hanged with the face towels instead of in the bedroom.

I could also cite the time when I gave a suite to the cleaning and when they called me at 11.30pm to ask if it was a right time to bring it back, or the time when I requested breakfast at 7.30am, and the kitchen woke me up at 6am to apologize they did not have Frosties and wanted to know if I was fine with Chocopops (What the hell???).

Not to tell the time where I put a Do not Disturb on the door and that someone knocked the door and in a gasp entered the room. I did not have the time to react or say anything after the knock and he was already in while I was naked off the shower. This did not seem to bother him as he barely apologized.

I have enough stories like that to write a full book on hospitality services.

- The lift are simply the worst I have seen in my life: As experienced by other guests here, you could be waiting sometimes up to 20 minutes, and see lifts passing by your floor both up and down and not stopping. Basically, if you are planning on meeting someone at the reception, better plan on taking the elevator at least 15 minutes in advance, and there will still be good chance you will be late. Also, prepare yourself to meet with as many staff in the elevator as there are guests in the whole hotel. Every time I take the elevator, I have to prepare myself to meet with at least a dozen staff, both in the corridors of my floor (why would there be almost permanently 5 or 6 staff walking around doing this and that on a floor where there are only 10 rooms?), and in the elevator (the architect must have forgotten to put elevators for staff in his blue prints. Consequently, you would ALWAYS meet staff in the elevator with various cleaning items. Ultimately, you will end up with the feeling you are actually disturbing them.

As stated here by others, even if at the time I write this review the hotel has been open for more than 6 months, no taxi seem to know what or where it is. This is mainly due to how bad designed is the entrance (the hotel is indeed on Shekh Zayed road (main road of Dubai), but the entrance is hidden on the behind, inside the parking. Nothing on the roadside indicates what the building is and that it is actually in use. The direct result is that you would need to walk cab drivers to the hotel every time, and people coming to visit you will have difficulties to find the place.

Really: Don’t go to Angsana. There are loads of apartment hotels and hotels in Dubai, plenty much better on any possible criteria in the same price range. I though that Maroj Rotana was the worst in Dubai and the world before I can here, but I found that Angsana did so bad that I think it would really be impossible to anyone even trying to do worse.

• Liked — Free Internet (Meanwhile it is very slow, at least it is free, not always the case in dubai)
  • Disliked — everything else (it is actually very very bad)
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank recidivx

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Barcelona, SPAIN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2008

UPS
- Excellent room, with big plasma TV, DVD player, FREE OF CHARGE wireless connection, complete kitchen with fridge for a whole family, microwave, coffee machine, washing machine, etc
- Excellent Food at Room Service
- Nice and efficient Staff, always ready to help
- Location near the Exhibition Center, Financial Centre.

DOWNS
- Bad location for taxi drivers. They dont know where the hotel is and there is NO big signal on the road or top of the building.
- Sometimes it is not easy to get a taxi there. But staff is helping a lot and finding one for you in 10 min.
- Price a bit higher compared to other reputated hotels in the same area.

• Liked — DVD player and Plasma TV in the room as well as their InRoom food service.
  • Disliked — Location : it was difficult to be found even for local taxi drivers
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
AN_Executive_Office, Area General Manager at Angsana Dubai, responded to this review, 2 December 2008

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2008

We had booked this hotel last minute and after reading the mixed reviews were not expecting the hotel to be exceptional. However once we had arrived, our check in was smooth, the staff were very polite, courteous and professional at all times and our room was very nice.

We had booked a studio and all the facilities were new and in full working order. For sleeping, there was a couch for our 5 year old and a complimentary baby cot for our 2 year old.

I think being a new hotel only 6 weeks old it may have suffered some teething problems initially (hence the bad reviews) but if you are thinking of staying at the Angsana I would say do not hesitate.

The hotel is difficult to find at the moment as the front entrance is still being built - only the suites are open and the entrance is at the back of the hotel, once the actual hotel is open the entrance will be much easier to access.

The lifts seemed to be in need of reprogramming since they seemed to be take a while in arriving but this was not a big deal.

The choice of restaurants is limited but there are a variety of restaurants nearby on the Sheikh Zayed Road

There is a lot of construction everywhere in Dubai but we could not hear any noise of the construction nearby. We found that booking a taxi from the hotel did not take long to arrive.

Having stayed in many of the 5 star hotels in Dubai, this is definitely one of our favourites and the location is ideal as its quite central to the Marina, Jumeriah Beach, the Creek, Bur Durbai and Deira.

We will definitely consider returning to this hotel next time we are in Dubai.

Thank you to all the Angsana staff who made our stay so pleasant. Particular mention for Harold in Concierge.

Traveller from London

• Liked — Very nice rooms
  • Disliked — Lifts
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
dubaiexecutive, Area General Manager at Angsana Dubai, responded to this review, 12 November 2008

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2008

The service is the best part of this hotel. From the airport pick up to check out, the staff were friendly and helpful. In a busy city like Dubai, it is nice to return to a hotel with a homey feel. The rooms and all facilities were extremely clean and brand new. The complete kitchen and spacious living room made this hotel great value for money. Only drawback is that the bathroom and bedroom areas were a bit on the smaller side.

• Liked — great service, full kitchen with complete equipments and spacious living room
  • Disliked — bedroom was a bit small
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

Dear Angsana staff,

I would like to thank you for the heavenly week my husband and I spent at your hotel a couple of weeks ago.
From the first moment we felt special and warm; the smiles, the personal attention, the service and food were just great.
Our room was very pleasqant with the burning incense.

But I have to say that the couple's massage we received at the Spa was the most unique. It was just perfect.
The only thing that was annoying was the long wait for taxi everywhere in Dubai, perhaps you would like to consider a shuttle service of some sort or a limo ?

Again thank you Angsana for a great week, my husband and I will definetly recommend your hotel to our friends

Best regards