“Terrible Stay”

Ranked #363 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Germany
“Terrible Stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2009

I returned to the Angsana for a weekend with my family as my first stay was stay on a buisness trip in January was very pleasant, however on the return trip the room was not clean, stains on bed, dust everywhere and the room attendant seemed annoyed that he had to redo the room. Breakfast buffet was downgraded from my last visit and deffinetly not up to any 5 star standards. Service was below average and not even the restaurant manager seemed to know what was on the menu.

I asked to speak to senior management regarding this issues but was told that noone was on duty.

Spend your money somewhere else as they dont seem to care at all about their guests.

1 Thank Heinzee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Greek first
In the Desert, UAE
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Angsana Dubai is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. It is located in the heart of Dubai...two huge 50-storied towers right in the middle of Sh. Zayed Road! You have a number of restaurants and pubs all around you on both sides of Sh. Zayed Road.

The suite we stayed in was really amazing. It was divided into a kitchen area and the bedroom area. The kitchen was well equipped with absolutely everything that you would need right from making noodles to cooking a five course dinner.The bedroom was quite cozy and you can even dim the lights using a master remote that controls most things in the room. The hotel has a number of amenities in the room...all the usual ones and some unique ones like a scented candle and an incense stick.

The hotel has a rooftop swimming pool and you have a breathtaking view of the entire city from up there. Angsana Spa is considered to be one of the best in Dubai for its variety of massage therapies. I didn't actually eat at the hotel restaurant mainly because of the abundance of eateries all around. Another good thing about the location is its proximity to the two major shopping malls in Dubai, The Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates. So if you are bored in the room you can just hop over to Dubai Mall where you can literally spend an entire day.

All in all, a wonderful place to stay at. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Frankfurt
Reviewed 7 April 2009

My wife and I had a wonderful and enjoyable stay at the Angsana Hotel in Dubai.
Our suite was excellent, with two big plasma screens, DVD player, free internet connection, kitchen with fridge, microwave, coffee machine, toaster, electric cooker, washing machine, etc.
We will definitely book this hotel next time we fly to Dubai and do not hesitate to recommend Angsana hotel to anyone who plans to travel to Dubai on vacation or on business. It is ideal for families with children.
Thanks to all the staff at Angsana Hotel who made our stay so pleasant.

Mr. & Mrs. Dissanayake
Frankfurt
Germany

• Stayed April 2009
AN_Executive_Office, Area General Manager at Angsana Dubai, responded to this review, 28 April 2009
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Dissanayake,

On behalf of the team at Angsana Dubai, we wish to thank you immensely for taking the time to convey such gracious comments about us.

It is always a great pleasure to read through notes such as yours, for they serve as an inspiration to help us in our continued commitment to maintain the high standards you have experienced.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with others, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Angsana Dubai soon.

Seychelles
Reviewed 1 April 2009

I went to Dubai for the first time with my parents, and we stayed in Angsana.
Our stay was wonderful, we had a Two Bedrooms Suite, and it was fabulous! The view was beatiful.
From the bellman to the spa therapist, everybody was very nice and the service was more excellent at all times. They went the extra mile to satisfy our demands, specially the concierge.
In room dining was great, the staff were always friendly and smiling on the phone and then in the room.
We would definitely visit Angsana Dubai again!!!

• Stayed March 2009
Dear Sir,

Chicago
Reviewed 30 March 2009

Way too much dirt for this new hotel. I dont think they know how to clean the hotel. The pool bathrooms had water on the floor all day long and nobody attended to them. The food by the pool was awesome, loved the Fatoosh salad. Since the hotel is new, not too many things wrong with it. Starbucks was one block away, which was great, but can drivers had no idea where it was located. Great for a family that needs a 2 bedroom. Very very slow internet connection, but it was free.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 2 January 2009

Over all the hotels I have stayed in, Angsana Dubai is bottoming the list in terms of every criterion.

I am a frequent traveler to Dubai, and having stayed in other hotels, I can compare to what I saw elsewhere. Angsana is definitely the worst by far

- the rooms are incredibly small compared to same priced and supposedly same service elsewhere (if you want a One bedroom apartment, check Somerset: Same price, and rooms 3 times as big

- the staff is the most incompetent and unfriendly I have had to deal with. An example would be when I came back one day and found out that an item of mine was missing. I had to speak to at least 10 people, who would eventually be very affirmative in telling me that they did not loose anything, and would refuse to pass me to their manager even after asking 5 times.

An example of incompetency would be how poor the cleaning of my room is done every day: If I do not think of putting a used glass in the sink, it would stay dirty as it is on my bedside table, or if I leave a trunk in the bathroom, I would find it hanged with the face towels instead of in the bedroom.

I could also cite the time when I gave a suite to the cleaning and when they called me at 11.30pm to ask if it was a right time to bring it back, or the time when I requested breakfast at 7.30am, and the kitchen woke me up at 6am to apologize they did not have Frosties and wanted to know if I was fine with Chocopops (What the hell???).

Not to tell the time where I put a Do not Disturb on the door and that someone knocked the door and in a gasp entered the room. I did not have the time to react or say anything after the knock and he was already in while I was naked off the shower. This did not seem to bother him as he barely apologized.

I have enough stories like that to write a full book on hospitality services.

- The lift are simply the worst I have seen in my life: As experienced by other guests here, you could be waiting sometimes up to 20 minutes, and see lifts passing by your floor both up and down and not stopping. Basically, if you are planning on meeting someone at the reception, better plan on taking the elevator at least 15 minutes in advance, and there will still be good chance you will be late. Also, prepare yourself to meet with as many staff in the elevator as there are guests in the whole hotel. Every time I take the elevator, I have to prepare myself to meet with at least a dozen staff, both in the corridors of my floor (why would there be almost permanently 5 or 6 staff walking around doing this and that on a floor where there are only 10 rooms?), and in the elevator (the architect must have forgotten to put elevators for staff in his blue prints. Consequently, you would ALWAYS meet staff in the elevator with various cleaning items. Ultimately, you will end up with the feeling you are actually disturbing them.

As stated here by others, even if at the time I write this review the hotel has been open for more than 6 months, no taxi seem to know what or where it is. This is mainly due to how bad designed is the entrance (the hotel is indeed on Shekh Zayed road (main road of Dubai), but the entrance is hidden on the behind, inside the parking. Nothing on the roadside indicates what the building is and that it is actually in use. The direct result is that you would need to walk cab drivers to the hotel every time, and people coming to visit you will have difficulties to find the place.

Really: Don’t go to Angsana. There are loads of apartment hotels and hotels in Dubai, plenty much better on any possible criteria in the same price range. I though that Maroj Rotana was the worst in Dubai and the world before I can here, but I found that Angsana did so bad that I think it would really be impossible to anyone even trying to do worse.

• Liked — Free Internet (Meanwhile it is very slow, at least it is free, not always the case in dubai)
  • Disliked — everything else (it is actually very very bad)
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank recidivx

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Barcelona, SPAIN
Reviewed 17 November 2008

UPS
- Excellent room, with big plasma TV, DVD player, FREE OF CHARGE wireless connection, complete kitchen with fridge for a whole family, microwave, coffee machine, washing machine, etc
- Excellent Food at Room Service
- Nice and efficient Staff, always ready to help
- Location near the Exhibition Center, Financial Centre.

DOWNS
- Bad location for taxi drivers. They dont know where the hotel is and there is NO big signal on the road or top of the building.
- Sometimes it is not easy to get a taxi there. But staff is helping a lot and finding one for you in 10 min.
- Price a bit higher compared to other reputated hotels in the same area.

• Liked — DVD player and Plasma TV in the room as well as their InRoom food service.
  • Disliked — Location : it was difficult to be found even for local taxi drivers
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
AN_Executive_Office, Area General Manager at Angsana Dubai, responded to this review, 2 December 2008
Dear Sir,