“Worst hotel ever terrible experience”

Star Metro Al Barsha
Ranked #374 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
“Worst hotel ever terrible experience”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Please dont go to this hotel. I only stayed here because of the location my stay was of two days. TRIP ADVISOR this hotel DOES NOT have a swimming pool niether it owns a single part of a beach it just close to a beach,yet you choose to write both of these facilities in hotel amenities. Terrible food service only one restaurent with the worst food service ever. This hotel is a complete waste of money please dnt go here :/

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Hamza_atiq

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 June 2013

the hotel has a great location closer to MOE so it's a plus factor, nice but not that good rooms,
typical 3 star hotel, the environment was just ok, so so staff, few establishments around the area, under-developed community, not really the "Posh" downtown Dubai that we know, but over all, it's really just the location, next to my favorite shopping mall.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Queens Village, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I have just arrived back from dubai i stayed in this hotel for 11 nights. i would stay here again on my next trip to dubai it's a close walk to mall of the emirate where you can shop in carrfeour which i love and also close to lulu market which i love the room is spacious and the staff were very nice

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Paris, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I had stayed here for 3 nights with my family. The room is good and some services are good , too.
I feld very comfortable when I traveled in Dubai. However, when I bought a card to use the wifi, the reception wasn't good

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

We chose the hotel for its location (close to mall of the emirates). The rooms are big and clean. No minibar, but there is a small fridge and a kettle with coffee etc. the tv channels were better than most hotels, with a couple of English channels.
We had a very noisy, inconsiderate family staying next door. The young child screamed every 5 seconds and the others ran around, moved furniture and shouted. Eventually I called the reception at 12am who said they would address the issue. Sadly this noise continued until after 2am. I won't be going back to this hotel for that reason, I had a terrible night sleep.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TMAguide
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2013

When we arrived at 8PM, the Manager said they were giving us an complimentary upgrade!!! When we got to the 6th floor the staff who brought our luggage saw that the room was not serviced all day. So we waited till we got another room on the 4th floor. It turned out the tub would not drain. Had to wait till the next day to get it fixed. On the credit side the room suite was large with a good mattress in the bed room, a well equipped kitchen, a large living room, two TVs. A very effective AC. We found that the microwave was not working and when I complained the attendant came and found that the circuit breaker was tripped but quietly untripped it and maintained that it works well and that we did not know how to turn it on !!! On the last day we came back in the evening after a full day's outing and found our suite was not cleaned. When I complained the housekeeping came and made the excuse that they did not clean it since the room was locked and the door chain was on!!! When I asked him how can I put the chain when I was out the whole day he of course had no answer to an obvious excuse.
When we went to check out of the hotel the manager verbally told me that since my bill was prepaid through Expedia, it was clear and that I owed nothing. When I asked for a documentation showing that the balance was zero, he refused to give it in writing. He maintained that it would expose the discounted rate that Expedia paid the hotel and he was not allowed to do that. Big argument till he finally wrote a generic statement on a piece of paper that I owed them nothing. This is the first time I experienced such an unprofessional way of billing where they couldn't show the balance at check out. I just wanted to protect my self with late charges on my credit card, verbal assurances notwithstanding. Never hurts to be too careful.
Unrelated to the hotel but here is an interesting observation and maybe useful to a future traveler. The taxi from the airport to the hotel was 90 dirhams, It was a taxi reserved for ladies with a woman cab driver. I suppose its considered safe for women traveling alone or who are uncomfortable with a male cab driver. However going back from the hotel to the airport was only 60 dirhams. Now how did that happen? Do the taxis reserved for ladies charge a 50% premium?

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank choppersim
South East Queensland
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I had stayed at this hotel before and had a great apartment which was close to the Emirates Mall so I thought that I would book this place again.

Because I was arriving at 5am I booked that previous night so that we could go to bed and get sleep as soon as we arrived - or so was our plan.

Apart from the annoying issues of 2 small tea cups for coffee - one of which was chipped, 1 saucer, no spoon, no toiletries, three uses left of the toilet paper and no spare, the Airconditioning was on 26deg C ( for Americans that is too HOT ) and despite me calling the Manager during the day it was not fixed until I complained more loudly later in the day.

The staff on when we arrived followed me to the room begging for a tip - he requested a tip every time I saw him. I found this dreadfully annoying as he had done absolutely nothing but check us in on arrival.

The day we arrived we had been flying all night and were very tired but the noise from the cleaners in other rooms and banging doors continued all that day while we tried to sleep.

The second day I wanted to use my computer - the cost for one hour was fairly reasonable and I think about 3 dollars but because I have a tablet I had to go down to reception to use it as there is NO wireless in the rooms. The second day when I asked to use my computer again and get an hour rate I was told that the hour rate had finished and I could not get one that day - yes I could get an hour rate in the morning.

I arrived downstairs the following morning and asked for an hour and again was told that there was no hour rate as it had finished! If I wanted to use my computer I would have to pay 100 dirams ( approx 30 dollars ) for 24 hours use . This is outrageous as I never have had to pay that price for Internet use and sit in a Lobby before. Absolute extortion!

All in all as previous people have said - there is no curtain in the bathroom so no privacy. As for staff there, it could be fine if you are a male but the misogyny issue with men from the Sub-Continent leaves a lot to be desired and that is one thing I cannot stand it by far and away outweighs the call I shall probably get of racism but it is an issue that Hotel Owners should tend to if they wish to have a hotel of any standard at all.

I would not go back there if it was the last hotel in Dubai and I will be writing about this on every forum that I can find as it is a disgrace..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family