Ascott Park Place Dubai
  • Pool
Conrad Dubai(Dubai)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsworld trademetro stationapartment was spaciousliving roomsheikh zayed roadtrade centermain roadwashing machineswimming poolfront desk stafflong stayperfect locationhome away from homeroom serviceexcellent staystayed for nightsburj khalifa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I have just finished a 10-day stay at Ascott Park Place (formerly The Place) and wanted to provide a glowing review and provide some additional information regarding the other comments I saw here, which had initially made me question my choice. In fact everything about my stay was excellent and the room quality, location and service far exceeded my (somewhat demanding) expectations and I would recommend Park Place to any business or family visitor without the slightest hesitation. (I'm not sure it's right for a couple looking for a romantic getaway, but I assume you'd want to stay on the beach in that event anyway.) The location is terrific for business, literally next door to The Fairmont, the Dubai Metro and the Dubai Conference Centre. The rooms are enormous, with full kitchen and dining room, a generous living room, and huge bedrooms. Despite some of the other comments that have been posted here, literally everyone I came in contact with for almost two weeks was gracious and eager to help and dealt immediately with anything I asked. Of course these are apartments and not a hotel per se, so there is no separate concierge desk or much of a lobby, but the reception staff never failed to provide prompt and accurate information or assistance whenever I asked for anything at all. I also did not experience the peculiar checkout ritual that some have described - checkout was fast and easy and perfectly normal - and finally, I personally thought that the bed was perfectly comfortable and indeed I very much enjoyed my sleep under the fresh, fluffy duvet. I would stay here again and again and would indeed choose this over any other luxury hotel in Dubai regardless of the cost - nothing can compete with the luxury of space and grace which this hotel and its staff provided so well. I feel obliged to add that I have trouble understanding some of the comments that have been posted here about the "foreign workers." In fact virtually every worker everywhere in Dubai is "foreign," as Emeratis make up only about 8% of the population and do not generally work in service positions at any hotel or restaurant in the country. However, many members of the front desk staff at Dubai hotels (including Park Place, as I learned) hold undergraduate business degrees in tourism, which is a prestigious and demanding course of study throughout Asia and India.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank VoyageurHeureux
Jessie M, Front Office Manager at Ascott Park Place Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2015

Dear VoyageurHeureux,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

It was a great pleasure having you stay at Ascott Park Place. We appreciate your exceptional review and the compliments about our service. Your heartfelt words and special mention our front office staff will be shared with the rest of the team. Your compliments inspire us to continually provide and improve the level of service that residents have come to expect.

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage and for making us one of your preferred accommodation choices.

Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed in a one-bedroom apartment for 3 nights. large living room, nice kitchen and good size bathroom. The only bad thing which ruined my stay was the bed. it was very small for a couple, very noisy and uncomfortable. I'm not a light sleeper but I couldn't sleep because of the bed spring noise. Also I've got back-pain after the first night so I slept on the sofa to the rest of my stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NuNu_Q8

Dear NuNu_Q8,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor..

As we strive to maintain the highest customer satisfaction standards, monitoring our effectiveness can be a challenge at times. We welcome feedback such as yours, as they indicate the areas we can further improve.

We are sorry to hear about your disappointing experience, and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We have noted your comments and will use your feedback to further enhance the services we provide.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your review and hope you will consider staying with us again in future. Giving us another opportunity to serve you better.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2011

The Place (or actually nowadays Ascott Park Place) Dubai is really a deluxe five star apartment hotel from the perspective of facilities, amenities and all on the surface.

But what bugged us was the level of the service. The hotel was staffed with 'foreign workers' who did not (or did not want to) understand us. They were very helpful and polite, but all the facts went wrong.

The pre-ordered airport pick-up never came, so we needed to take a taxi to the hotel.

Check-in was a hassle, you were supposed to sign & accept a list of room equipments without seeing the room and all the equipment in the room first.

Ordering the brakfast was a hassle too, not one morning we got what we ordered or the delivery time wasn't the agreed one.

Check-out was humiliating, you need to wait at the reception meanwhile someone was checking the rooms, that you did not steal anything from the room.

The staff couldn't order normal taxis for us for the airport drop-off, but again they could arrange 'alternative cars' with six times expensive rate.

But still the hotel was very comfortable, nicely decorated and rooms were roomy and very well equipped. The pool area and the fitness center were first in class. The hotel location was handy: metro station just next to the hotel entrance and it was easy get taxis outside the hotel. I can recomment this hotel for bigger groups and families with chldren, but you need to have 'good nerves' to handle the staff :)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Dear Brandon_James,

It was a great pleasure having you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. .We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Reviewed 28 December 2010

I booked the apartment for 6 nights from 20 December 2010 though I arrived only on 21 December 2010 at 5 am. I did not want to have the hassle of not being able to check in until noon or so after such a long flight.

Check in at 5 am was a breeze. They also upgraded us to an executive 2 bedroom which was great. We were pleasantly surprised and delighted when we got into the apartment. Spacious (and I mean very) dining and living room area. The rooms were also nice. Apartment was also furnished just right, not too cluttered up. And there were complimentary drinks and chips which was a nice touch.

We ended up having a light meal and sleeping until about 11am before going out.

Coming back that evening, we thought the apartment would be cleaned up. However, they failed to do so. When inquired, they told my family member it was because we checked in early morning and they will not clean up until tomorrow. We were of course upset because we paid starting 20 December regardless of what time we checked in. It took me telling them that if they refused, they must refund me back for the one day before they sent someone to clean the apartment.

Apart from that, little bits and pieces of not so great service here and there. Shower pressure in master bathroom was slow but that was quickly fixed to an acceptable pressure. Internet was also expensive, but so is everywhere in Dubai! But I was told there are hotels providing free internet.

They also did not give complimentary newspaper but was willing to send the concierge out to buy for us. and when I wanted to book for the safari trip, reception told me everything was fully booked. However, when I called myself to the same company, they could accommodate us. To be fair, company did say they were full and would put us in a coaster from the hotel before transferring us to a landcruiser for the dune bashing onwards. However, they managed to get us a landcruiser all the way and that was good of them.

Last i did not like - Upon checking out (after paying the bill), we were not allowed to go because they wanted to check the apartment presumably to ensure we did not take any towels, cutlery and what nots. We had to wait for a good 15 minutes and that too after I complained that it was very unprofessional for them to hold us like that.

So overall, nice place but service needs to be spruced up a bit. Nice and courteous people manning the reception and concierge but you get the feeling service is not 'polished' ie the level you would expect from this kind of establishment.

It takes just a little bit more effort and polishing and they are there!

Would I stay there again - Yes......with the hope service is polished up.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Dear Enjoystravelling,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor..

We are sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with the housekeeping services, and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We have noted your comments and will use your feedback to further enhance the services we provide.

Reviewed 21 December 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights with two young kids. Rooms were perfect and very clean. We are seasoned travelers and would rank this super high on our list of great family hotels.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank georgiaman

Dear dietrying17,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

It is great to have you stay with us. We appreciate your review and the compliments about our service and facilities.

Your feedback motivates us to do better to ensure that our residents have a warm and pleasant experience.