“No for a family stay”

Zain International Hotel
Zain International Hotel
Ranked #505 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

This is a horrible hotel. Please dont come if you are a family. I checked in at 11 am. The guy asked several questions regarding my stay as if it was a police interrogation. And he said, that i shouldnt bring any females. And when I was checking out at 3 AM , i heard loud noices from the room opp to reception. I peeped in and found 5 dancers entertaining couple of guys. I dont know how they called it as a family hotel. And when I checked out, the staff checked the room for 15 mins to find anything missing which was embarrassing

• Stayed: October 2012
10  Thank kirankasaraneni

Reviewed 11 January 2013

This hotel literally sheltered us while every other hotel refused to take us in due to full booking, and we were lucky.. I had a very positive experience during my stay there from 29. Dec. 2012 till 4 .jan.2013', the location is perfect close to metro, many fast food restaurants, and plenty of taxi to catch..affordable price and great value.. hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were very well equipped with AC, minibar,flat screen tv, and tea boiler..running hot water 24/7.. Two things that was a little upsetting was that They changed for wifi,and there buffet was under average.. Every thing else was perfect and I will definitely stay there next time..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pippa_sossagirl
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The event occurred on 01 - 03 August 2011. I arrived at the Zain hotel at approximately 6 PM to catch a nap and relax before my 12 hour flight back to NY. I asked for a wake up call, which never happened. I woke up one hour after my flight left. I wasn't sure I read the alarm correctly, so I went down to the lobby and spoke with the on duty concierge, who stated that he never got the request from the previous concierge. He told me that I need to go down the street to a vendor to call my airline to reschedule a flight. This is all taking place around 2 AM. I actually listened to him and found no vendor down the street. In the morning at approximately 8 AM, I spoke with the concierge who checked me in and I told her that I missed my flight because I never got a wake up call. She took me in the back room to use the hotel's office phone. I called my airline and got a flight that didn't leave for another 2 days. When I explained this to the concierge, she never offered a discount for the trouble. Later on, I went into the hotel restaurant to have dinner. When I sat down the host refused to serve me because it was Ramadan. He told me to call and order room service. When the bellboy delivered the food, a piece of chicken rolled off the tray onto the bed and stained the bedspread. There were tables in the room to set the tray on. When I checked out, I paid for a 3 night stay, all the room meals, and a stained bedspread. Not to mention that I paid more to reschedule my flight. Since then I stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank Mac L
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Well, taking the adventurous route for one night stays can result in less than optimal results. In this case, i needed a hotel for a few hours to wash off the dust of Afghanistan while waiting for a Delta flight in 8 hours. I decided to let the cab driver decide. Historically, for me at least, this has resulted in adventures, and sometimes in ordeals. As Bob [--] is wont to way, The difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. His wife Jody's catch phrase is "sometimes it's just an ordeal". In my experience this time, the latter is predominate. I only needed two things...ice (I brought my Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban at duty free) and internet. The bed and shower are secondary at best. The ice took 45 minutes and three phone calls to appear. The internet worked for a total of 15 minutes before crapping out. They say they are sending someone to the room to a) give me some ice, b) give me the password to the internet, and c) fix the internet after it's broken. All for only $300 for 8 hours. If I see that cab driver again.. oh who am i kidding. At least it isn't Afghanistan...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank SCOTT C
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Zain international hotel, Dubai, United Arabic Emirates.
Assessment: there are better than the lowest price.
Hotel rating: 3 stars.

Advantages:
--------
1. parking.
2. (2) Elevator size small.
3. fax service is available.
4. conditioning.
5. hygiene is acceptable.
6. reminder service is available.

Observations.
-------------
1. bad deal reception desk staff. ؟؟؟؟؟؟
2. determination of the reception desk to retain Passport guests. ؟؟؟؟؟؟
3. very small reception lounge.
4. you need hotel management skill training courses dealing with tourists. _
5. no laundry service (washing).
6. Internet rooms are not available.
7. slow when lock algsab receptionists??????
8. the size of a small room (15 m 2).
9. high price comparing to other hotels like.!!!!
10. don't recommend only when necessary.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With greetings from Khalid.

Room Tip: non , non , non
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Person_tourist
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I stayed here because my flight was delayed for 12 hours. The ac did not work, many of the outlets did not work, the hotel was shabby but that's why it was the lowest price room I could find. The bed linens were relatively clean. Also, they will attempt to keep your passport. I didn't let them.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank TTB_12
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Arrived after a long flight and gave receptionist email booking confirmation via booking.com. Insisted had booked 1x triple and 1xdouble yet our confirmation showed 1 single room and 1 double as needed. Made us pay over 900 aed more than what email confirmed as price blaming booking.com but wouldn't show what confirmation he had received from them. RUDE & ARROGANT, CLEARLY CAN'T READ ENGLISH Just a MONEY MAKING CON.AVOID UNLESS WANT TO BE ROBBED! ABSOLUTLEY DISGUSTING BAD SERVICE!

• Stayed: November 2011