“An average rated hotel”
Review of Tulip Inn FZ LLC

Tulip Inn FZ LLC
Ranked #449 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for about 3 weeks and was disappointed to find the service level to be very average. The rooms had only a LAN based internet connection. Only the rooms above the lobby had WIFI picking up from the lobby WIFI range. The A/C unit in 2 different rooms I tried during my stay had no temperature controls so was completely inadequate in the hot climate of Dubai.

Room Tip: Rooms above the lobby only get a average WIFI coverage rest all have LAN connection.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I think this is a 3 star hotel, and I had to remember that I was in a foreign country. Still I expected more since it was located in the Knowledge Village and this hotel seemed to be an exclusive.
We spent several nights in the Lilac Suite on the Lobby level. We arrived in the evening. Initial appearance was not good. While it was a large room and looked okay, things were falling apart. The workmanship was very poor.
The faucet on the sink was literally off the sink and moved everytime you touched it. The magnifying mirror was coming apart and almost off the wall. I touched one side and the screw fell off. Screwed that one in and the other screw fell off. Then it almost came off the wall. Same for the hand towel rack and the hand held shower holder. The safe didn't work, low battery.
There were not enough towels, they didn't have wash cloths. The sheet on the bed had a black stain that looked like oil, the pillow case had to be changed, and the two love seats that were in the room, one had several stains on it. I made them clean everything.
My husband got upset when he stepped on a piece of plastic, (they said it was from the sliding door), that almost went into his foot. (Good thing there is a medi clinic attached to the lobby. Had it gone in his foot, he would have been there). I made them vacuum the whole place that night. I also gave the young man who was helping us, a written list of everthing that needed to be done, so that he could give to his supervisor. My husband also sent an email to the gentleman who arranged our stay.
The next morning after breakfast I meet with a man who reportedly was their engineer. I think he got embarrassed after a 4 inch screw fell out underneath the sink, when I touched the faucet. He offered to change my room, but I declined and informed him that he was not going to do to anyone else, what had happened to us. I wanted everything repaired, then I would decide. Took them all morning and half the afternoon to make the repairs.
I also met with a woman who identified herself as the Housekeeping manager. She informed me that the stain on the sheet was not oil, but from the iron. Wasn't buying it and had a nice talk with her. I was ready to offer my services and go through every room in that hotel...
After it was all the repairs were completed, it wasn't such a bad room.
You could see that they tried to renovate the bathroom. The toliet, sink, and tub looked relatively new, it just that the workmanship was poorly done. But to leave it like that???
There were 2 loveseats, a coffee table inbetween, flat screen TV. Another table for eating, a desk, and a king size bed. It was very spacious. The cleaning woman worked very hard to keep it clean and provided us with ample towels.
There were many apologies and they sent us coffee, tea, fruit platter, cakes, cookies, etc., (not that we asked for anything). When I questioned why we were receiving these products, I was told we were VIPS. (In my view we should have been VIPS when we walked through the doors, as paying customers, not after we complained. The office that arranged our stay, also gave their imput).
None the less, they did rectify the matter, and it did not repeat itself. (I also saw the management staff every morning around breakfast time, they were stuck with me...).
Otherwise, the restaurant was clean and the staff there made every effort to help us. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner, and all was fine. Not sure if it's owned by the hotel or independent.
Air conditioner worked well, it was 107(f), outside, didn't break down.
Although internet service came with our room and we had a router, the wifi didn't work well and keep dropping. It was constant in the lobby and the restaurant.
Did not see any insects.
Although the hotel is located in the Knowledge Village, several of the taxi drivers did not know where to drop us off. Therefore, I recommend that if you take a cab, that you ask them 1st if they know where the hotel is. Twice we were dropped off in another area and had to walk in the late evening to the hotel, in the heat.
There is no pool, but I was told that I could use the pool facilities at the Tulip Inn apartment complex. Did not go, cause of the taxi situation. Did not want to risk not finding my way back to the hotel, by myself.

Room Tip: If your going to stay here, ask for the Lilac Suite in the corner, on the Lobby level. With all the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tibor S
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We only stayed for a night: the hotel was difficult to find: located around the back of a building block. The facilities were okay: it was all clean and the lobby was spacious. The staff were not very helpful: I asked for help as my air-con was too cool and could not be altered, but nobody felt compentent enough to help.
I think the location is practical if visiting anyone on any of the university campuses located around. In order to get to the skytrain you realistically need about 15-20 minutes and also need to cross a very big road.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2013

- Hotels facilities were reasonable and apartment was quite large and modern which was great.
- Location was quite a distance from the main attractions so we ended up spending a lot on taxis. But we weren't to bothered considering taxi's a pretty cheap compared to Australia. One positive about the location was the proximity to the airport, which only took 15min to travel in peak hour.
- Overall, it was average value for money. Customer service needs improvement.

Room Tip: You may want to consider something closer to the main attractions
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles H
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The hotel is neat and clean, and in a good location, near Dubai Marina and Jumeirah.
the room is spacious and clean as well.
you get free parking for the duration of stay (make sure to ask for parking permit)
the only negative thing i would say is that the mattress was rather "hard" and uncomfortable for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Rooms are basic but clean. Construction works in the area.

Very disappointed with staff & process at this hotel - upon checking in they did not inform me that the underground parking was controlled by local gov parking wardens (??) and I was fined $60 as I was not displaying a hotel card in the window. Signage is totally inadequate and parking area looks like it is under construction - debris on ground etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank pete693
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The location is really odd and in spite of the central position, very lonely.
The hotel is inside the knowledge village complex, a big building on a road where it is difficult even to find a taxi. Among the strange things: the lobby is shared with a health care center.
The rooms are old and very big, the carpet floor with big stains from the last decade, the furniture is old as well (pay attention if you open a drawer for example because the drawer chest in my room was almost falling apart). In the bathrooms the tiles have moldy dirt among the different pieces and the draining hole on the floor was flooding the bathroom itself while she shower was working. As a smoker I normally do not notice very much if some cigarette bad smell of previous guests is stuck in the room but here it was really strong. After my complain the receptionist offered me to change room, but there was no difference. As a final bad comment: every room (at least on my side of the building) shares a big balcony (full of cigarette butts and garbage), so the privacy of the guests is compromised. No free internet connection available.

Room Tip: If you really have to go to this hotel specify you want a (real) no smoking room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo