“Convenient Location”

Ranked #131 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Convenient Location”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I was in Dubai for a business trip. The reason why I chose the hotel was because of its convenient location to my meetings near Dubai Internet City. The hotel is also a 5 minute walk away from the Emirates Mall which is excellent for me. I went there to eat in the evenings and of course do some shopping.

The hotel itself is very clean and as a returning guest. The staff recognised me from my previous trip. I have to say a big thank you to Mohammed Sohail for his excellent customer service.

He acknowledged me as a Gold member and upgraded my room. Gold members do not get an upgrade so I assume I was upgraded due to previous visits.

The breakfast buffet in the hotel was good full of choice. Restaurant staff were polite and helpful.

Taxis are readily available from outside the hotel and I would not recommend hiring the private taxis which are more expensive.

The only issue is the internet in the room is very slow and this needs to be improved upon. The rooms are large and very clean.

The upstairs pool is small but not busy. I never used the gym but did relax upstairs at night in the bar.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Connecttraveller
H0lidayinnalbarsha, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha!

Thank you for the valuable time you've spent in sharing your comments through TripAdvisor. We are really happy that you have been satisfied on your recent visit to our hotel.

Your generous praise to our accommodation, facilities and staff is truly appreciated!

Certainly, we will do our level best to look after those areas which require improvements and enhancements.

Again, thank you so much and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Al Barsha, and put lots of my clients in there. A good business hotel and good for family. The location is excellent - walking distance to Mall Of Emirates and 1 minute before you are on the main highway, Sheikh Zayed Road.
Close to the Marina where there is good night life.
The gym is small and excellent - run by Manmohan, who is an excellent personal trainer as well. I go there on a regular basis, as I live in Dubai.
The pool is chilled.
Their Thai restaurant, Royal Buddha, has EXCELLENT thai food. My Thai clients were very complementary. Sometimes it is a bit quiet, but the food is worth it and the wine is reasonable.
The indian restaurant plays live music and is also good. If you stay there you have a good choice of restaurants.
Good price for rooms!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks onto Sheikh Zayed road, and the upper floors.
1 Thank KarenRoss1
Dear Ms. Karen,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha!

Thank you very much for the comments you have mentioned to our hotel though TripAdvisor!

The management and the entire team of Holiday Inn Dubai Al Barsha are very happy to know that you have been satisfied with our services.

Your generous praise to our accommodation, facilities and location are very gratefully received and really helpful to all TripAdvisors readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Best regards,

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed here for 2 days on a stopover on way back to UK. Used this hotel as a base to do a whistle stop tour of Dubai. Good location next to the Metro which takes you into town quickly, cheapily and easily. 5 min taxi from the beach. Rooms are very spacious.
Nver ate in the Hotel - a bit price. go around the corner and there is a variety of local restaurants much better value. I had a superb 2 course meal for under £20 at one. I had breakfast at the Lebonaise Cafe, it was superb !

Room Tip: ask for external viewing - some have windows facing in the way !
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Benjy1063
H0lidayinnalbarsha, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
To Our Dear Guest,

Greetings!

Thank you very much for the comments you have mentioned to our hotel through TripAdvisor!

Be rest assured that the same quality of excellent services will be extended to you on your next visit.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha!

Thank you.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I had a good stay here.
Rooms are modern and well maintained with comfortable beds and efficient aircon. Wired Internet is available in the bedrooms, no good if you just have an IPad or similar device, but wireless Internet is available in public areas.
Housekeeping and GEM restaurant staff deserve particular mention for being welcoming and very attentive.
The pool is on the roof, but a lack of shade and decor means this is rather bleak facility and the roof top bar is somewhat overwhelmed by the major highway running immediately along side hotel.
The hotel is situated an brief stroll from the Emirates Mall and is close to the Sharaf DG metro station.
Providing you don't want a beach side location, this is a perfectly good alternative and is particularly suited to the business traveller.
I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ExaminerUk
Dear Valued Guest,

We truly appreciate your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha. Informative feedback such as yours inspires us to consistently provide our guests with the superior level of service they have come to expect from the Holiday Inn brand.

Your generous praises are very gratefully received and they are really helpful to all TripAdvisor readers

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha!

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Stayed here in a one bedroomed suite, was fantastic, huge space, very clean, everything you needed and the best room service pasta I have ever had, was only about £80 which was worth the difference from a standard room.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
H0lidayinnalbarsha, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
To Our Dear Guest,

Greetings!

The management and the entire team at Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha are very happy to know that you have been satisfied with our services.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha!

Thank you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Nice Hotel with well kept rooms and communal areas Staff at the Hotel seem to be mainly Indian or Phillipino so your virtually guaranteed great service. Room are average size, mine had twin beds which were clean and comfortable. TV is quite good with a range of different channels and WiFi was good, although I did have to keep re-entering my details... not really a problem though.

I also had issues with the air conditioning, I couldn't seem to get the room cold enough however I did not contact Guest services. Had I have done so I am sure this would have been resolved. The Bathroom was large and clean with the usual amenities. Also Tea and Coffee making facilities together with a Mini Bar with a few snacks was available in the room.

As it was Ramadan during this visit I ordered room service and must say that my choice (Burger with fries) was very good and it was a large portion, reasonably priced and delivered quickly. Its nice to see all the supplementary charges included in the menu price, unlike many hotels that add room service, local taxes and tray charges.

On the second day I ordered room service again which unfortunately wasn't so good, a chicken sandwich which really didn't taste right. Just a two minute walk from the hotel there are some take-away options which are very good value and further (about a 5 minute walk) is the Emirates Mall which is massive and has plenty of food options.

Despite a couple of issues I have still opted to give this an 'Excellent rating' it was my choice not to complain about the Air Con and the Sandwich so marking the Hotel down because of this would be unfair as I had not given the hotel chance to address this.

The staff are efficient and friendly, I phoned for an Iron and it was there within minutes, and the Staff Member insisted on ironing my shirt for me, a charming your man from Pakistan who was keen to learn about my lifestyle in England.

It could be easy to overlook this Hotel but this experience together with previous visits has always been good

Room Tip: My room on the 5th floor overlooked an adjacent building so the view was non existent, however I fo...
1 Thank paulwflyer
Dear Guest,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I started using this Hotel when I first arrived in Dubai 3 years ago, due to its location & facilities, great gym/pool area, excellent food complemented with excellent service. This Hotel has somehow been graded as a 4 star but in reality it should be 5 star as a minimum. The staff and Managements attention to details is amazing, you are always greated with a smile and a good morning from every member of staff. The food in all restaurants is wonderful abely supported by the attentive Restaurant Managers in the Thai and Indian restaurantswhere the inhouse chef's serve up amaing culinary delights and flavours I have never tasted in my 35 years of travelling, worth giving a mention to Mr Ramesh who is lovely. Nothing but admiration and praise for this guy.
Front of house staff are very attentive to your every whim again a special mention to Wendy and Mr Sohail, fine advocates for the Hotel. You will not be disapointed when coming here

Room Tip: Rooms on the front can be a little noisy due to the Sheik Zayed road and Metro system, so go for one...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SOMBYSTEFF
H0lidayinnalbarsha, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Dubai - Al Barsha, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Should your travel plans bring you back to Holiday Inn Dubai – Al Barsha , please visit our website and take advantage of our 'Stay Clever' promotion which offers up to 30% off room rate, free internet and free breakfast. Oh.... Did we mention that Kids get to 'Stay and Eat' for free?

Dear Valued Guest,

Your generous praise to our accommodation, facilities and location are very gratefully received and they are really helpful to all TripAdvisor readers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

We look forward to once again make your stay with us an exceptional one!