“1st class”

Ranked #135 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
London
“1st class”
Reviewed 2 April 2009

Excellent hotel, very good service, spotlessly clean. The staff go out of their way to make your stay a pleasure. Good choice of food whatever time of day, the gym on the top floor is very good, the pool area is a little on the small side, but pleasurable all the same. Be careful on the sun beds, one move to the side and youre on the floor. The new shopping mall is virtually next door, taxis are plentifull, however only use the metred cars, all the rest are twice the price. When you check out they are paranoid you have used the mini bar and wont let you leave until its been checked.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank rob1299

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 24 March 2009

I was recommended by a friend to stay the The holiday Inn Al Barsha in Dubai, I was very impressed by this beautiful and well decorated hotel, my bedroom was amazing with a very confortable bed and very clean. all the hotel staff were very helpfull and professional. The breakfast has a very good selection of food, very tasty and great service. One evening I had dinner with friends at the Royal Budhal Thai restaurant at the Hotel, The Chef came to the table to recommend some dishes to us, The meal was outstanding, I had the best thai red chicken curry I have ever had, The delicious rice was served from a large and elegant basket. I had a truly enjoyable stay and I would recommend this great hotel to everyone travelling to Dubai.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Pascal151
Sawbridgeworth, UK
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We loved this Hotel. Reception very helpful, we were in room within minutes. All staff on reception very helpful. The room was lovely. We had a meal in the restaurant which was excellent. There is a nice bar where you can enjoy the odd cocktail in Happy Hour and very welcome without being intrusive. The location was perfect as only there for 1 night as boarding a Cruise. We spent a very nice shopping day in the Emirates Mall and saw the ski resort which was amazing. I would highly recommend this hotel especially with the Priority Points. Only advice never take the Hotel Taxi when in Dubai always use the oficial Taxi's which are all metered so you will not get ripped off. All our Taxi drivers we met were extremely nice and often offered good advice.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Helyn60
Portsmouth
Reviewed 22 February 2009

The hotel is new (we stayed in January 2009) and is in a decent location, although if your driving, it's a nightmare to reach due to the road layout. It is next to the Emirates Mall (walking distance) so has plenty of facilities on its doorstep. The hotel itself is medium sized with plenty of facilties, great Gym and rooftop pool, excellent bar and restaurants. Checking in and out took far to long, especially checking out, when we had to make it to the airport.

When we arrived at the hotel it took aproximately 30 minutes to chek in, which is too long with 2 fidgety kids in tow, however we were upgraded to a 1 bed apartment style room, which were very spacious and beautifully appointed, However this where our problem began...when checking out we were charged for the upgrade. I had to get my laptop out to show the unhepful woman behind the desk how much I'd paid for the room online. To my dismay, they agreed to reduce the rate but not to the rate agreed. I had no choice but to pay for the increase otherwise I would miss my flight. When I threatened to wak out, I was told that I would not be able to board my plane as I would be arrested for non payment of a debt??? I asked to speak to a manager, non was available?

It was a real shame because up until departure I would have recomended this hotel, but now I simply cant as I feel that I have been scammed.

Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jervinator
Al Ahsa, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 16 February 2009

The hotel is very nice actually and it was even better than what I expected. The hotel has all modern facilities and is designed nicely. All of the hotel's staff were friendly. The only negative point about this hotel was the room size.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple