Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveller reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveller reviews.

“Easy access to Dubai”

Novotel Dubai Deira City Centre
Ranked #465 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Australia
“Easy access to Dubai”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is the usual Novotel standard. Staff helpful and friendly. Our 3 night stay was without issue and the location is excellent. The hotel is opposite the Dubai mall a five minute walk away.
Rooms are comfortable. For those that use public transport the metro is close and access to the airport is very good. The IBIS hotel is next door and shares the pool and bar services. Happy hour lasts 4 hours.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the street are quieter
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank greymanAustralia
ManagerHotelDCC, General Manager at Novotel Dubai Deira City Centre, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for finding time to write your reviews.

Yes you are right, the location of our hotel is so convenient as it is just across Deira City Centre Shopping Mall which is one of the largest shopping malls in Dubai and few minutes walk is the metro station that connects you to the known places in Dubai and to Dubai International Airport.

Adjacent to the Novotel Deira City Centre is Ibis Deira City Centre with its restaurants that Novotel guests can access.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Dubai.

Ramesh Bappoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was my 2nd visit in this hotel. As the location is convenient for me to go shopping, eating and main exhibition center so that's why opted for this hotel again without thinking anything.
The prices aren't cheap. I paid around AED 550 for single room with breakfast, booked through travel agent. There has been no changes in the hotel since last May'13. Everything is the same. WIFI only available in the lobby. No net in the room. ABF is the same everyday, I only managed to have for 2 days in my 5 days visit. Concierge are friendly and helpful.
Rooms are normal... Pillows are verryy bad.

I was very upset at the time of check in with the reception guy ( deiradera something... sorry !! quiet bad with name) , I had already requested for early check in and my early check in was at approx. 1000 hrs. After traveling whole night , I reached hotel at 0940 hrs, and the reception told me to wait for 45min-1 hr. in the lobby as they are cleaning my room. I understood and waited with 2-3 other guests in the lobby. In meanwhile I saw other receptionist walked to guests near me and hand over the card etc. at approx. 1100hrs so I thought my room also should be ready soon and I waited till 1130 hrs., that maybe the receptionist who did my check in, will come and hand over the key to me but nothing of that happen and I walked to him to ask and he said that they are still cleaning and I'll have to wait for more time, till when ...don't know???.
He told me to go City center in meanwhile and I told him that I'm too tired to walk around and I will wait, and also requested him to please do something as I've been traveling for more then 12 hrs without sleep. Till 1210hrs, nothing happened again and I lost my patience and I went to the guy again and when he saw I was upset, then finally he said, yes !! your room is ready.
Funny !! if the room was ready, cudn't he come and give the keys as I was waiting in the lobby only, which was only 5-6 steps away from the counter.
Beside that I didn't had anything.
Before I forget... I had requested reception for late check out and they simply told me - not possible, luckily my business colleague who was also staying in this hotel knew the GM and she requested for late check out for me till 1800hrs which I got it right away. Thanks !! for that.
Next May, I will still return to this hotel until there is new property next/close to City Center as its easy for eatery and shopping.
I just hope that next yr when I return, at least they have Wi-Fi in the room.

Room Tip: With pool view better.. If the rooms are 1st floor then you don't need keys to elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ta8
Regret to learn the experience you had encountered at the reception. The matter was checked completely as we don't such incident to happen again to you nor to any other of our guests.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the events that happened on your arrival.

Please be informed that our WIFI project in all our Novotel rooms have been completed. It is now completely working !

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Deira city Centre on you next visit to Dubai.

Dubai
Reviewed 13 May 2014

unfortunately when I visit my room in Novotel hotel
I really disappointed.
in WC, bowl and its accessories was not tidy.
hence we leave the hotel 1 night.
I wish urgent correcting actions by your team

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Regret to hear your disappoinment and our apologies that our facilities did not meet your expectations.

Kindly note that our room size is that of Novotel standard worldwide.

However, we thank you for staying with us.

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 4 May 2014

An excellent hotel with fantastic workers. the friendliness of the workers and the treatment we got was par excellent. I was reminded that it is not the number of stars the hotel has, but the quality of service and people that makes your stay.

Room Tip: rooms are big, and cozy. the room on the western side are overlooking the swimming pool and the east...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 123professor
Thank you very much for finding time to write your short but very nice reviews.

Yes, you are right it is not about the stars and you have added the star !

The friendliness of our staff and the quality of our service will always be there for each one of our valued guest.

Once again, thank you very much an we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Deira City Centre on your next rip to Dubai.

UK
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here a few times during a 10 day GCC tour.

Rooms are a good size and beds are firm but comfortable, the breakfast was excellent. Service was up to the usual Novotel standard - the swimming pool was nice but shared with the IBIS so it could get a little crowded.
The bar and signer (Red) were great but as a non smoker I didn't stay in there too long.

I will stay again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Keith1955
ManagerHotelDCC, General Manager at Novotel Dubai Deira City Centre, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you very much for finding time to write your reviews.

Appreciate to know that the room size and beds were to your liking and so with breakfast.

Yes, the swimming pool and gym facilities is shared by our adjacent Ibis Hotel guests.

Nice to know that you appreciated the bar and Red the singer but unfortunately it is a smoking bar.

Very great to hear you will be staying again with us at Novotel Deira City Centre and we do look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Very good hotel, 5 minutes from metro 100 ft from mall, nice rooms, high customer service specially guy called "sherif" he was friendly and professional.
I recommended this hotel specially for business trips.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Sherifsaaid
Thank you very much for finding time to write your short and nice reviews.

Yes, just across the hotel is Deira City Centre Shopping Mall and few metres walk is the metro station that connects you to the known places in Dubai and the airport.

Appreciate to know the room met your expectation along with the customer service friendly and professionalism of Sherif.

Once again, thank you for recommending Novotel Deira City Centre and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.