“A pleasant place to stay in Dubai”

Novotel Dubai Deira City Centre
Ranked #290 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights as a stopover enroute to Italy. the room was comfortable with a large comfortable bed. The location is great. It is close to the airport and across the road from the Deira shopping mall. The staff were quite helpful. the bar provided a welcome relief after a couple of days sight seeing and shopping. The happy hour seemed last for quite a while.
The hotel is fairly central to most of the sites. Recommend visiting the Gold market and do one of the tours to the desert. Also a high tea at the Burj Al Arab.
Overall a pleasant couple of days and certainly put us on the rght timezone for Italy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sandybillc
ManagerHotelDCC, General Manager at Novotel Dubai Deira City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for writing your reviews.

Yes you are right, the location of our hotel is so convenient as it is just across Deira City Centre Shopping Mall which is one of the largest shopping malls in Dubai and few minutes walk is the metro station that connects you to the known places in Dubai and to Dubai International Airport. Yes indeed, Novotel Deira City Centre is at the centre of the city wherein it is a base point to access all around Dubai.

Oh great to know you appreciated your room with the large and comfortable bed. And, good to know that you have enjoyed our bar service with the happy hour promo.

Once again, thank you for you recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Totally enjoyed our stay here! Room was great, bed was great, bathroom was nice and big. Everything was very clean. Staff we're very helpful and the buffet breakfast was good.

It was easy to book the hop on hop off bus right next door at the Ibis Hotel and then the pick up point was right across the road... Perfect!!!

Would definitely stay here again!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maddi H

Thank you very much for finding time to write your reviews.

Great to know that the staff, the services and the hotel meets with your approval.

Once again, thank you for you recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Deira City Centre on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is the usual Novotel standard. Staff helpful and friendly. Our 3 night stay was without issue and the location is excellent. The hotel is opposite the Dubai mall a five minute walk away.
Rooms are comfortable. For those that use public transport the metro is close and access to the airport is very good. The IBIS hotel is next door and shares the pool and bar services. Happy hour lasts 4 hours.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the street are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greymanAustralia

Thank you for finding time to write your reviews.

Adjacent to the Novotel Deira City Centre is Ibis Deira City Centre with its restaurants that Novotel guests can access.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was my 2nd visit in this hotel. As the location is convenient for me to go shopping, eating and main exhibition center so that's why opted for this hotel again without thinking anything.
The prices aren't cheap. I paid around AED 550 for single room with breakfast, booked through travel agent. There has been no changes in the hotel since last May'13. Everything is the same. WIFI only available in the lobby. No net in the room. ABF is the same everyday, I only managed to have for 2 days in my 5 days visit. Concierge are friendly and helpful.
Rooms are normal... Pillows are verryy bad.

I was very upset at the time of check in with the reception guy ( deiradera something... sorry !! quiet bad with name) , I had already requested for early check in and my early check in was at approx. 1000 hrs. After traveling whole night , I reached hotel at 0940 hrs, and the reception told me to wait for 45min-1 hr. in the lobby as they are cleaning my room. I understood and waited with 2-3 other guests in the lobby. In meanwhile I saw other receptionist walked to guests near me and hand over the card etc. at approx. 1100hrs so I thought my room also should be ready soon and I waited till 1130 hrs., that maybe the receptionist who did my check in, will come and hand over the key to me but nothing of that happen and I walked to him to ask and he said that they are still cleaning and I'll have to wait for more time, till when ...don't know???.
He told me to go City center in meanwhile and I told him that I'm too tired to walk around and I will wait, and also requested him to please do something as I've been traveling for more then 12 hrs without sleep. Till 1210hrs, nothing happened again and I lost my patience and I went to the guy again and when he saw I was upset, then finally he said, yes !! your room is ready.
Funny !! if the room was ready, cudn't he come and give the keys as I was waiting in the lobby only, which was only 5-6 steps away from the counter.
Beside that I didn't had anything.
Before I forget... I had requested reception for late check out and they simply told me - not possible, luckily my business colleague who was also staying in this hotel knew the GM and she requested for late check out for me till 1800hrs which I got it right away. Thanks !! for that.
Next May, I will still return to this hotel until there is new property next/close to City Center as its easy for eatery and shopping.
I just hope that next yr when I return, at least they have Wi-Fi in the room.

Room Tip: With pool view better.. If the rooms are 1st floor then you don't need keys to elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ta8

Regret to learn the experience you had encountered at the reception. The matter was checked completely as we don't such incident to happen again to you nor to any other of our guests.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the events that happened on your arrival.

Please be informed that our WIFI project in all our Novotel rooms have been completed. It is now completely working !

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Deira city Centre on you next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

unfortunately when I visit my room in Novotel hotel
I really disappointed.
in WC, bowl and its accessories was not tidy.
hence we leave the hotel 1 night.
I wish urgent correcting actions by your team

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Regret to hear your disappoinment and our apologies that our facilities did not meet your expectations.

Kindly note that our room size is that of Novotel standard worldwide.

However, we thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

An excellent hotel with fantastic workers. the friendliness of the workers and the treatment we got was par excellent. I was reminded that it is not the number of stars the hotel has, but the quality of service and people that makes your stay.

Room Tip: rooms are big, and cozy. the room on the western side are overlooking the swimming pool and the east...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 123professor

Thank you very much for finding time to write your short but very nice reviews.

Yes, you are right it is not about the stars and you have added the star !

The friendliness of our staff and the quality of our service will always be there for each one of our valued guest.

Once again, thank you very much an we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Deira City Centre on your next rip to Dubai.