“Never recommand this hotel!!”
Review of Eureka Hotel

Eureka Hotel
Ranked #467 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Stayed for 2 nights.

By all means... it was so bad hotel room. The room was too old, too small, and the worse was its smell which was like just sleeping in a big dirty socks. Even my wife was pushing me not to get back to hotel early in order to stay as lees as possible avoiding the room smell surfings, i was totally agree with here.

I was very disappointed I was very happy when I leaved this hotel, and for me I'll never think to stay in this hotel what so ever.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yemeni_Traveller

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel two weeks ago . It was quite easy to find the hotel as it is in a area full of other hotels in the Deira business district.

The room was quite small but quite clean. The staff at the front desk were exceptionally efficient and friendly. They were very comforting from the time I walked into the hotel. Bravo!

The breakfast was a disaster. Both the mornings I went for breakfast, most of the dishes were empty and most people at the breakfast had been waiting for the staff to refill. We even had to wait for the coffee cups. Very disorganised.

There is also a decent size parking area in the basement.

I would stay here again, but probably miss the breakfast..

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank andrew_netlas
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my wife for 3 nights. My over all experience was nice.
This hotel is good value for your money.

Plus points
1. very economical
2. close to metro station (al rigga)
3. close to dubai airport (15 min drive)
4. central location with many malls
5. daily complimentary shuttle service to beach and shopping malls
6. nice buffet breakfast at very reasonable cost.

this hotel is small but includes all facilities like gym and roof top pool with very helpful stafff. overall experience was very nice in small budget.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reception is friendly

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Mohamed S
Reviewed 18 January 2013

i was there on the night of 15th Jan 13. booked it real cheap thru booking.com. for us 52 dollars, later on it seemed that even this price was too expensive.

the building facade was imposing , so was the reception . the staff was very friendly, but the real story began with the room that i was assigned. room 615.
the TV had only 5 channels , three arabic sports channel, the third was basically a rerun of the 2nd channel. and 2 other channels which were practically useless as well. wifi was exhorbitantly priced.
the bathroom was the smallest i have ever seen. the sink and the toilet were packed in a space of 2ft by 2.5 ft. the sink was clogged, the water stood accumulated for a while before it drained off. the shower did not have any clogging problems, why, because the water coming out of the shower was barely a trickle, no water hence no clogging problem.
breakfast was a joke.

the only 2 plus points of this hotel. easy access to the metro station and good service mostly being provided by the Pakistani, Indian and bangladesh staff members.

Room Tip: top floors only
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Only two things that was good about this hotel were price and location. The rooms were smelly and dirty.Me and my husband knew that this is a low budget hotel and there is no luxury, but we did not expect treated this way as we were. Shortly- my husband accidentally spilled Coca Cola to the sheets, small stain,we did not make a big deal of it,dried it and went to sleep. Next day after room clening, man appeared with the bill fof this stain.I was not willing to pay, but they told me that "this is damaged and now pay!!!I wanted to see the manager, but of course there is now manager in the house when you need one.So i went to administrator and he told me the same story that its damaged and we need to pay. I did not agree and because they had our passports we needed solution and fast because we had to leave that night to the airport.To my question that have they not heard of stain removers and washing machine the administrator answered again-"it´s damaged and we need to pay. So i was so angry and so not willing to pay that i aseked to bring me sheet and thin mattress pad to my room. I used cold water, hotel soap and less then 7 min the stains were removed and i did not pay the bill.They apologized.
So be careful in this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank reisisellid
Reviewed 10 January 2013

went the year before last the hotel and rooms were nice and large plus very clean, but the staff on reception were all rude and treated us like 3rd rate citizens, when i rang for the mini but to get me, they said i had not booked it when i had to had to get a taxi on my own, as i was waiting for my husband to come on a different flight later in the day, I got there at about 1.30pm and was told i could not go to my room, after traveling for 15 hours. and when i went into the restaurant, if you can call it that, there was 10 tables only, and found the food to be horrid and could not eat any of it, the scrambled egg horrid the baked beans not english style and thought it was home made, horrid, the bread funny tasting wierd horrid then non descript other items in the buffet, i did try them but struggled with tastes, i walked out still hungry, and took a walk down the street ate at a restaurant instead, the hotel is near the metro underground train but thats about it, nothing else around there, everyday we went on that to get somewhere decent, also watch out for non taxi men trying to poach u to go in there non taxi, they charge more than the real taxi driver do, and they are not insured if they have an accident,

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple