Grand Midwest Tower - Media City
JA Ocean View Hotel(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$214
jaresorts.com
Hilton Dubai Creek(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$127
US$1,131
US$849
Jumeirah.com
The H Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$216
US$581
US$413
  • Pool
Roda Al Murooj(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$603
US$454
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast buffet each morningexcellent apartmentroom conditiondubai internet city metro stational arabnice pool areadays stayhotel is greatrooms are largeabu dhabisupermarkettaxismr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This hotel is has potential to be much better.
Its location is OK (right next to a Metro station) and it looks good from the outside.
The entrance of the hotel isn't a good first impression. Its like entering through the back door. They could make it so much better.

However, the rooms are of good size, but if you are like me and like a spacious bathroom, you will not find it here. There was one complimentary bottle of water and some fruits for the entire stay of 8 nights ! I just don't get that.
I have to disagree with some people's negative opinion of the staff, I found them to be quite friendly, especially Ram, the bellboy (or man I should say), who was always there in the morning with a smile on his face greeting you at reception.

Breakfast selection is OK, Dinner choice is limited, but there are so many other places a short ride/drive away that you can eat at. The Gym and Pool are standard for this area. But the biggest gripe for me was the internet access, they just seem to have so many problems with charging hourly, daily or monthly, it would just make more sense if they just offered a simpler solution.

Also the atmosphere in the hotel could be better, it just doesn't have the hustle and bustle like other hotels.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to avoid the noise of Sheikh Zayed Road
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mr_bob_x
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The only complaint I had about this hotel is the food quality and the cleanliness of the restuarant. i stayed 4 days in this hotel and everytime I went down for breakfast it felt like the insects and flies had just as much right to join me at my table. Nice quiet location at night since it s business district. I would stay in this hotel again but would only eat out.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank J708
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We spent 4 nights in their 1 bedroom apartment. it is very spacious, had a spectacular view and every modern amenity that one could ask for in a home.
The housekeeping staff is very efficient and so is the bell desk and concierge.
The entrance is from the back of the building coz the main road is not done yet (apparently been about 2 years now) and it was very off- putting. Their coffee shop was even more of a let down - - but finally the rooms and the staff made up for it & more.....
The hotel is very well located for people who work/visit places in or around MOE
Eby, Kumar, Ramchander & Amjad made our stay lovely - it was unfortunate that we could not meet Raisin who had been so very helpful on the email with our bookings.
thank you Team Grand Mid West.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Imraansurve
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights and found it to be an excellent hotel with very good service.
Room was large with a comfortable king size bed, sofa, flat screen tv and a kitchen area.
The bathroom was adequate with a bath and shower over.
The room was cleaned daily to a high standard and the towels replaced daily.
As soon as we arrived at the hotel the bell boy took care of our luggage, check in was easy and our luggage arrived at our room five minutes after we did.
Reception staff, porters etc were extremely polite and very helpful.
We ate breakfast(approx £10 pp) in the hotel which was adequate and as it is a buffet everyone should be able to find something they enjoy!
We also ate in the hotel reception in the evening and this was excellent value for money a three course meal for approx £8pp (with pre paid vouchers which you can buy in the restaurant ) The food was good and there is a choice of about 5-6 different meals from a set menu. There is no alcohol in the hotel but soft drinks are available which in the restaurant cost approx £1.70 for unlimited drinks.
There is a nice pool area on the 6th floor.
Check out was straightforward too.
A good hotel for a short stay, excellent location with a metro station (internet city) about five minutes walk away which gives you access to all of the main sights etc. Taxis were also readily available outside the hotel and very cheap! (Less than £10 to the airport)
There is a small supermarket over the road which was handy for water etc. And a Costa Coffee and Subway about five minutes walk too.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lynne61uk
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I booked in this hotel for my freind in advance for 3 nights from their website www.grandmidwest.com. Then my freind asked me to cancel the first night of his booking only. i tried from their website but it was allowing only for entire booking cancelation. so i called the hotel and they told me that i have to contact their agent (GlobRes) because the booking was online. GlobRes replied to me that they requested the hotel to accept my modification. i called the hotel but this time they asked me to send them an email of my request. After sending the email i called them again and they confirmed that they received my email and they changed my booking. When my freind arrived he was surprized because they told him your booking was canceled because you did not show up yesterday and the accommodation is full and their was no amendment made to your booking. and they will charge the first night as per their policy!!!!!
I called and explained to them what happened but they denied that they accepted my request to modify my booking!!!
The action and attitude of their stuff was professionally and morally irresponsible.
they really spoiled the first day of my freind visit.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends