Grand Midwest Tower - Media City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast buffet each morningexcellent apartmentroom conditiondubai internet city metro stational arabnice pool areadays stayhotel is greatrooms are largeabu dhabisupermarkettaxismr
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Grand Midwest Towers hotel. Grand, alright. A Dump of grand proportions. I was mislead by the star rating of 5 on Expedia.com when the property is actually 4 stars officially, and not even worth 3 stars in my opinion. No approach to the hotel from its front entrance unless you are willing to have your shoes dilled with sand by the time you take a 2 minute walk, repeated requests for towels, dirty rooms, filthy and stained carpets, extremely dirty bed head posts, smelly bathrooms, front desk staff that needs training is service, poor room service and improper billing, and the list goes on. If you have money to throw away, still there are better options than this place. Stay away from this property and definitely dont trust Expedia for the information about this hotel

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Fayyaz A
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed there for more than 5 days, reservation been done by my company up front for 5 days otherwise I would change it at the moment I entered the hotel. The receptionest enter with a debate with me at 3:30 AM regarding my reservation although it been booked and confirmed by my company and he insist to blook around 1500 Dirham or more to make sure about my reservation and it will be paid by my company. Although I stayed in a very big room suitable for family but I don't like it bad smell every where. The duvet and blanket not clean, I took my breakfast only one time (NOT RECOMMENDED) terrible and very poor, I don't recommend this hotel at all. You have many other options in this area and near by areas.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank RoubaSammour
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in December have to say I was optamistic after reading some of the reviews about this place but wow was I impressed! As regular visitors to Dubai I have quite high expectations and all I can say is the value for money on this hotel is FANTASTIC!!!
There was some slight mix up with the rooms as me and my mom were given a double bed instead of 2 twins but this was quickly resolved and we were given a different room with twin beds, which was even nicer than the first room :-)
We had a land view even though I did request a palm view on the opposite side but to be honest I really enjoyed looking out at the hussle and bussle of Dubai and seeing the skyscrapers light up in the night skies, the noise of the traffic did not effect us in any way.
The room was so good words cannot even describe it was like having your very own little appartment with a kitchen complete with cooker and even a washing machine - the room was so fresh and clean upon arrival and every single day it was sparkling - everyone of the staff here went out their way to be as helpful as possible from reception, to the bell boy, to the security located on the enterance at the back.
Yes you do have to use the back enterance but in no way should this ever put you off - as it was christmas there was a massive christmas tree in the lobby which I loved so much - there is no lack of swimming pools here either everything was presented so well and clean throughout the hotel. There is even a gym and a beauty parlour on site that does loads of different things - worth a try if you dont fancy going anywhere.
We had breakfast included it was ok something for everyone but you always got your kitchen if you want to make your own.
The location of this hotel made it perfect to get to everywhere and anywhere, choice of using the metro or getting a taxi or even taking short walks if you know your way around. We normally use a 5* hotel situated on jumeria beach but this year we are coming back to grand midwest and this time for a 3 week stay. Next time I will be asking again for a view over looking the palm would be nice to have that amazing view for our 3 week stay with you.
We cannot wait to stay with you and see all your friendly faces again, a massive thank you and see you in Oct 2013 <3

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This was a business booking by my husband's employer, so we didnt really have a choice. What I mean is, the hotel made doubly sure we DIDN"T have a chioce by charging us up-front for a full 1months stay plus some 1000 dhs extra for incidentals!! Complaints about this were met curtly by front office staff, and the manager we spoke to was even worse. The entire staff of this hotel need some basic training in customer service, and how to deal with guests, maybe take trips to other hotels in other countries and see for themselves.

The breakfast buffet was a joke, with a few dred up bits of cold meats and cheese. Wide variety of plastic bread "props" but just sliced bread to actually eat! Badly over-cooked eggs done on request. One might think that they would employ a people who actually knew how to cook to do this. We avoided all the restaurants and food at the hotel after the first day. Fortunately there are a few small supermarkets nearby, and good eateries a train station or two away, so we didnt starve!

The apartments are large and spacious. The washer fitting of our bathroom was broken, and was replaced on our second day. This indicates that they do not know of any breakages and that no routine maintenence is done. The safe in the room was faulty and had to be adjusted a total of 4 times during our stay, and once to replace the batteries on the key-pad! Again this indicates no routine maintenance. House keeping service twice a week was satisfactory.

The location is the only thing that is good about this hotel, its walking distance to the metro station and taxis are easy to get.

Do not stay here if you can help it. We certainly would have gone to a better hotel if they hadnt taken a months charge from us upfront!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Bishopsgambit72
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Reception & door staff good. Rooms okay size and clean. Great location to get around whether walking to the local shops & beach or getting metro to the malls. When we stayed, the pool area was being revamped so could not really use it (2-3rd wk in oct) but good size pool and was looking good when we left. Did not eat in the restaurant. Would happily return when prices are reasonable as they rocketed due to the Gtex Convention which was quite overpriced for what one received at that time.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the opposite side to the pool/bar area as the music is way too loud, even the tv and radio did not drown it out.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple