“This Hotel Group means what it says; "Art of Hospitality"”

Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments
Ranked #105 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 22 October 2013

A very unique experience for me and family. Throughout our stay, the hotel and apartment was kept exceptionally clean and pleasant. Our stay spanned a period of almost a week, but we were made to feel at home.
The management have succeeded in aligning their staff to the overall vision of the hotel chain; "The Art of Hospitality". Every single staff member, whether on day or night shift is full of smiles and would go the extra mile to make us feel welcomed.
Nevertheless, in the midst of our stay, we came across a difficult situation where we realised that the king bed provided was actually twins merged together. This almost spoiled our experience as we had a 3 year old daughter sleeping with us all the while and knowing that we had inconvenienced her by letting her to sleep in-between got us quite upset.
However, the front-office manager kindly explained the reason as the hotel was undergoing a project where all mattresses were being replaced, and offered to replace ours immediately along with providing an extra bed for the little one at no extra cost. His quick and effective action was key in bringing our satisfaction level back to its peak.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, better stay at level 4 as it does not get affected by smoke from levels 2 a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I have no doubt that your experience will benefit future travelers, and it has certainly made for great reading on my part knowing you and your family had an enjoyable time with us.

I am thrilled that you find our fully furnished apartment exceptionally clean and we greatly appreciate your recognition of our friendly staff. I am especially delighted to read that they made you “feel at home”.

I am sorry to hear that you and your family were inconvenienced by the bed layout, but I am very pleased that my Front Office Manager managed resolved this issue for you quickly and efficiently. If I may add, our new bedding package is now fully implemented and I can only describe the comfort as awesome. We are very proud of our new bedding product, we feel confident that our guests will appreciate the quality and I do hope you get a chance to experience it for yourself in the near future.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Flora Creek is located in a good neighborhood with easy access to metro station and Deira City Center Mall; a nice mall. We used the metro for most of our transportation and was very good experience. The mall has very nice coffee shops and restaurants of every kind.

Our overall experience was really good. We enjoyed staying at Flora Creek. Staff very friendly. They responded immediately to our requests at any time round the clock. We only were unhappy with the limited access to internet. They allow you to connect only 2 devices at a time and when you want to add more you pay really high fees. Otherwise .. nice place ... great people.

Room Tip: Try to get a water view room and not a park view (no real park)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Flora Creek Hotel Apartments with the Trip Advisor community. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I also appreciate your positive comments in regards to the location and facilities in the apartment and I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding my team, describing them as “very friendly”.

In regards to WIFI connection you mentioned that we provided 2 devices free of charge as part of your reservation entitlement terms and conditions. I have also taken note of your feedback regarding the price for extra devises and I can assure you that our pricing is positioned very competitively within the market place.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Flora Creek Hotel Apartments in the near future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My rating of very good is based on my experience with the very friendly, helpful and accomodating staff.
First off all the positives: The location and the view. A beatiful view of the downtown Dubai skyline, espcially at night. It is about two minutes walk to the Deira City Centre and metro. The apartments are huge and clean. The staff, as mentioned before, is extrmely helpful and friendly. I only had lunch once in the restaurant and it was on my last day. The lamb briyani was superb, the service excellent and the price very reasonable. It's a pity I did not make use of it more often, but I thought that the standard of all the food would be that of room service. (I will deal with that under the negatives).
Now for the negatives: my biggest bone of contention with the establishment is the fact that the price I was quoted on Expedia, when booking, was NOT the price I paid on check - in. The price the hotel advertise does NOT include the local taxes. In the end I paid the equivalent of an additional night in taxes. I do feel, as the consumer, that I have the right to know the net price I will be paying on booking the room. This mini break was not just for shopping and sightseeing but I also wanted to relax. Because of that I booked the studio apartment with the creek view which costs more than a studio apartment with a city view. I wanted to be able to sit on my balcony, watch the sun set, read a book or watch the night sky. Big was my disappointment when I found out that this was NOT possible since my balcony overlooked the side street. I did have a view of the creek, from the window near the bed though, but that was not part of my expectations. When I queried this, I was told that the studio apartments are situated on the corners of the buildings and thus they ALL have balconies facing the side streets. Not quite what I paid for. This should be perhaps made clear in the room description. The staff was excellent and hearing about my plight upgraded me to a one bedroom apartment with a balcony overlooking the creek. The balconies are huge but does not contain ANY furniture. What a great place it would be to sit in the morning while having a cup of coffee. Again the front office helped out and supplied me with a sun lounger. The kitchen, although advertised as being fully equiped, is anything but. It only contains the bare basics and you would find it extremely difficult to actually make food here if you so wished e.g no egg lifter, no baking sheet for frozen pizzas, no glass or plactic bowls of any sort to use in the microwave, no form of dishcloth or oven mitt to remove anything hot from the oven etc. Many of the chairs and sofas are grubby while some even have pen marks(children??) all over them. They could all do with a good deep steam clean. I had a late check in on my first night and was very tired and decided to order from the room service menu. What a disappointment. Very overpriced e.g. chicken briyani is priced at AED 75 while the same briyani in the restaurant is priced at AED 48. On the particular night I ordered the fish and chips which was decribed as cod fillets with chunky chips and malt vinegar. The chunky chips was oven baked and quite hard with no sigh of any malt vinegar. The fish was two breaded frozen fillets done in the oven which was also quite hard. Perhaps I was silly to have expected fresh fish? The website also advertise a free shuttle service to beaches and malls. That is not correct. There is a free shuttle service to only one beach and none to any of the malls. Despite all of the above negatives, I still had a good time. If management can sort out the negatives, this hotel has the potential to be a truly 5* establishment.

Room Tip: If you would like to sit on your balcony and watch the skyline, you need to book a one bedroom apart...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank saartjie189
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your comprehensive comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is only through our guests’ valuable feedback that we can continue to improve our level of customer service and product.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service and product you experienced and I would like to take this opportunity to respond to the points you have made in your feedback.

I am sorry for any confusion in regards to your rate details. I would like to however clarify that our prices do not include local taxes and the same is displayed as a note in all our online channels, as well as highlighted in conformation letters.

In regards to the room category and view description, please note that we only have Studios with a Creek view and although the balcony is situated on the side of the building the view from the living room boasts the view of the Creek, which is why we feel that the description is in line with what we offer. I do however understand that it did not meet with your expectations and I am glad to note that our team was able to provide you with a solution and assist you immediately. I would also like to use this opportunity to let you know that we have recently launched our new website and there have been some great updates to the information provided including virtual tours, which we do hope will assist you in the future in choosing the product that most suits your needs.

I have also noted down your comments in regards to housekeeping areas such as missing kitchen items, chair and sofa graffiti marks, as well as cleanliness in the room. Please note that our Executive Housekeeper has already checked her inventory of kitchen items in the room and we are looking into necessary replacements of missing items. She has also conducted further refresher training in ensuring that the expected standard of cleanliness is always maintained. If I may add, we are also in the process of finalizing the full refurbishment scope of all our apartments at Flora Creek.

In regards to your feedback on food quality and price, please note that our Executive Chef and his culinary team are undergoing a process of improving and standardizing all menu recipes, which will in turn improve our consistency and quality of execution. I assure you that you will see a significant change in your future visits. We are also reviewing our menu prices moving forward.

Lastly, we still offer free shuttle service to Mamzar beach and upon request we can arrange for complimentary shuttle service which is provided by Al Ghurair Shopping Mall and is subject to availability. If our guests require additional trips to other beaches and malls, our concierge would be happy to assist in providing transportation at very competitive rates.

Finally thank you for all the positive and very encouraging comments relating to the size of the apartments, the excellent views, our helpful staff and the quality of the Lamb Biryani. It's great that you would recommend our hotel and I hope we are able to welcome you back soon for another stay. If you are travelling to Dubai again, please contact us at creekreservations@florahospitality.com to make your arrangements and we will ensure that your next stay with us is a problem free one.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Excellent attentive staff ,good food only room for improvement is get rid of the single beds. I have been in many hotels in many countries over many years ,and never have I been given such a small bed. Recently since February 2013 I have stayed in Park Noble in Guanghzou China, Bastion Hotel in Scheedam , Holland, Holiday Inn, Aberdeen, Scotland, and Stargorod in Kaluga, Russia they did not have small single beds. Flora Creek is the first hotel in 14 years of working abroad where I have had a single small bed. Too many pluses though.1. Well kept hotel ,well maintained hotel. 2, Excellent attentive staff. 3.Great menu and the buffet has a good choice for multi - nationals.3.Excellently situated within 5 minutes walk from Deira City Mall.
I highly recommend this Hotel for families. I am now at the sister Hotel Flora Park and find it an older hotel but not as crowded around swimming pool and a better menu for me personally than the Flora Creek but the same good quality of service and food. Apologies for my moan about the small bed however feel it has to be said. Good value for money and you get more than you pay for, exceeds expectations.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from lift children make much noise in Flora Creek when going to and coming out of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank andrewbheron

We would like to thank you for posting a review and for sharing your experience during your recent visit to Dubai.

I would like to thank you for your kind description of hotel’s apartments which you have kindly mentioned as well kept and well maintained. Also, thank you for recognizing the attentiveness of our staff and the great menu and buffet selection provided by our culinary team, rest assured that I will pass on your wonderful comments to the team personally in recognition of their efforts.

I do agree that we are conveniently located in close proximity to Deira City Center featuring countless brands from all around the world and entertainment activities for all ages. Furthermore, the mall is also linked to the Metro, which is an easy way to explore the well known hubs of the city.

In regards to the single beds please note that these are located in our twin rooms only, and I would like to take this opportunity and mention that we have the option of zipping and locking them in order to provide a bigger bed upon guest request. We have also recently implemented our new, ultra comfort bedding package, which we are very proud of and which we hope you get a chance to experience in the future.

We would be thrilled to welcome you back to Flora Creek Hotel Apartments for another stay soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Decent sized room, good breakfast and well equipped kitchen including washer dryer, and a decent sized balcony. I couldn't understand the two speed internet connection though and i woke up to a wet floor because of condensation from the cooling system. good location close to the city center mall and metro.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ihadejia
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at Flora Creek Hotel Apartments.

We were happy to hear that in general you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments with regards to our room, facilities, location and breakfast offering are very much appreciated.

It is however concerning to note the shortfalls that you have mentioned in our service standards and I can assure you that your valuable feedback is taken very seriously and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment caused.

With regards of condensation in your room, I would be most interested to receive further details from you, in order for us to fully investigate and make the necessary improvements. I can be contacted directly at ivo.tzvetkov@florahospitality.com.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have one small problem with reception , my reuqest was 2 appartments and should be in one floor becouse my dougthers are with me , but I found one in fllor 7 and one in floor 1 , after talking with reception they cahange the rooms one in floor 7 and other one in 8
thank you for one girl in reception I forget hear name she did hear best to do the change and transfer my dougthers to floor 8 .
in general the hotal and staff are very good and my next visit to UAE i will stey in the same hotels .
this is my 3 time I stey in this hotel .
thanks.

Room Tip: this is the 3 time I stey in this hotel , but I prefare to stey in veiwe and on to of 5 floor and ab...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Flora Creek Hotel Apartments.

It was a pleasure to receive your review and I was happy to read that you would stay again at our hotel when you revisit Dubai.

Please note that we try our level best to accommodate all our guest requests, unfortunately we were not able to do so on this occasion due to very high occupancy levels and limited availability, but we will continue to do our utmost to accommodate guest preferences whenever possible in the future.

I am pleased that a member of our front office team was able to get you rooms closer to one another and for future bookings please contact me directly on ivo.tzvetkov@florahospitality.com.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we are look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

very good location but need some attention on the room smile spirally when it was close for long time also find a solution for insects in the swimming pool area in the morning because we were not happy while we were sitting to monitor our kids in the swimming pool and the insects fling around us

Room Tip: the smile in the room was not good specially at arrival time when we did our check in the find som...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Flora Creek Hotel Apartments following your recent visit to Dubai.

Please allow me to extend my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service and product standards you experienced. I can assure you that this is not the standard to which we operate, as reflected by the predominantly positive comments on Trip Advisor, so your feedback is taken on board very seriously indeed.

In regards to the room odour, I would very much appreciate it if you could confirm your apartment number via my email address ivo.tzvetkov@florahospitality.com and I will investigate the matter further.

Also, with regards to the insects near the pool area, please note that we are working closely with our pest control partner to implement additional treatments around the pool area.
I hope to welcome you back soon to Flora Creek Hotel Apartments.