“It's ok but...”

Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments
Ranked #95 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Pros: large rooms, we had a two room suite and it was about 80 square meters with 3 bathrooms and a large kitchen, proximity to the subway station, better than average breakfasts, clean, generally polite personnel.
Cons: small pool, no free wifi as had been promised (one day of wifi access costs more than one month of the internet in Moscow), if you want to go to the beach it's not the best place to stay in, it's far from the beach, you have to get a cab to get there (about 12$ one way), it's virtually impossible to catch a cab around 4 pm, there are women's days at the beach (no men allowed) on Monday and Wednesday (which is pretty ridiculous considering it's a resort city); should I mention that no restaurant serves alcohol beverages?

Room Tip: Creek view rooms are better even though you'll still have to face the construction site between...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send a review following your stay at Flora Creek Hotel Apartments.

We truly value the opinions and comments of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations fully during your stay.

Please note that the hotel is providing complimentary transportation to Mamzar Beach which can be booked through our concierge team. We are also available to assist with transportation to different locations in and around the city through and at a competitive price within the market.

I would like to add that we have WIFI inclusive package rates available which you may find of interest, and for further information please do not hesitate to contact our reservations team at creekreservation@florahospitality.com or through our website www.florahospitality.com and we will be delighted to provide you with all the available options for your kind consideration.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was part of a small group for business meetings with Emirates and this seemed a good choice - for convenience and price. And it was. The hotel is functional - with extremely well trained staff - from front desk, bell desk, restaurant - everywhere - the staff are excellent. And being an "apartment" style you get a kitchen, sitting room, extra loo, washing machine, bedroom and bathroom. I think the bedroom was very large with way above average furnishings - and the quality of the bed linens - pillows and duvet etc were of a 5 star hotel. I didn't use the kitchen - but handy if you wanted one. It was nice to set up my lap top on the dining room table too, instead of being squashed at a small desk!

The few criticisms would be these. The bathroom drains to me are in need of a serious dose of bleach or draino. The bathroom was spotless - but the drains -- need some attention. The towels seemed poor quality - when compared to the luxurious pillows and duvet. That's an easy fix.

The restaurant is an enigma. Breakfast was excellent. A wide variety of freshly squeezed juices and such, eggs cooked order, lots of fruit and baked goods - very nicely appointed. It doesn't serve alcohol (in the hotel) at all, but that was no big deal. But when I had a late lunch - the Caesar Salad was pathetic. Simply chopped lettuce in some coagulating liquid masquerading as a "caesar" dressing, with chopped "fake" bacon - probably from breakfast. No croute or crouton, no anchovy - totally weird and served in a flat soup bowl. Probably better to have stuck to local rice dishes - but again, this is an easy fix. I can show the chef how to make a caesar salad next time!! Maybe even like the one I had at Caesar's Palace five days ago?

Noise from the road was an issue. I was allocated a front facing first floor room, and the windows are clearly not to a high enough double glazed specification. The 24 hour traffic was a real pain. So get a room at the back. You lose the stunning view of Dubai; but that looks like it is going anyway with nearby construction!

I would however, absolutely recommend this hotel as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back away from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your comprehensive comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is only through our guests’ valuable feedback that we can continue to improve our level of customer service and product.

I am delighted to read all the positive and very encouraging comments relating to the apartments, quality of the linen, the excellent views, breakfast service and buffet and above all our excellent staff. It's great that you would recommend our hotel and I hope we are able to welcome you back soon for another stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service and product you experienced and I would like to take this opportunity to respond to the points you have made in your feedback.

With regards to your comment about the cleanness of the drains, please note that we have incorporated this in our preventative maintenance process as a special focus job in order to ensure that this does not occur again in the future.

We are also at procurement stage of upgrading our towels to a luxurious new standard and we expect to have this in place in the near future and in line with our already implemented new bedding package as well as our planned refurbishment of all apartments in 2014.

In regards to your feedback on food quality, please note that our Executive Chef and his culinary team have already revisited the Caesar Salad specifications as well as appropriate training. We hope you can try the salad in the near future and to give us your feedback.
We are in the process of conducting a sound proofing study of our products and we have noted your comments regarding noise levels.

The above being said, I am very happy to read that you would recommend our hotel. Once again thank you for your comprehensive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Flora Creek Hotel Apartments in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I found this to be a great place to stay, the location was very close to the Metro Train and Deira City Centre Mall. The room was very clean and spacious, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The internet was good but Skype did not work and that is important to me because that is how I stay in touch with family and friends when traveling.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

We thank you for posting your review following your recent stay at Flora Creek Hotel Apartments.

Your encouraging feedback is very much appreciated we are grateful for your positive comments regarding the high level of service that my team member had provided you with as well as for finding our prime location suitable to your needs.

As we continue to strive in providing the best experience for our valued guests, we regret to hear your disappointment regarding not been able to connect to Skype, especially when our IT team would have been able to help with connecting Skype to Skype calls for you.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to the chance of welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed for 2 nighrs at the 6th floor room #612 the air conditioning was bad and a weird noise came from it, in the kitchen the glasses and the dishes had dust on them the knief wasn't clean at all and there were no soup for cleaning, the bathrobes wasn't there so we had to ask them, the deposit was high 300 AED for the night which wasn't in the hotel policy, on a good side the room was comfy the hotel was near the deria city center and the metro station oh and they give a complimentary bottle of water YAY! I mean for paying 1, 650 = 334 euro ( with the tax and the deposit ) was it worth what I paid for hell no! I will pass it next time and I don't recommend it they don't even give a warm welcome indifference is a bad attribute for a hotel

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your comprehensive feedback following your stay at Flora Creek Hotel Apartments and please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service and product you experienced during your stay.

With regards of the AC noise, we have found that the motor for the AC unit had broken down and this has been resolved, we have also conducted refresher training for our staff members in Housekeeping in order for them to effectively identify such malfunctions and report them accordingly for the necessary resolution by Engineering.

I have also, shared your feedback with my Housekeeping Leader in regards to your experience in the apartment and he has already conducted further training with the team and with a special focus on our newer staff members. Please also note that we have soap for cleaning utensils and bath robes are available upon request with the housekeeping department. However I would like to take this opportunity and to inform you that in the very near future we will have bathrobes available in every apartment in line with our planned new towel program.

In regards to our deposit policy relating to incidentals, I can confirm that this is in line with all International Hotel Chains and is also in line with the requirement of the Dubai Tourism Commerce and Marketing Department. This is a refundable deposit and the value of AED 300 was taken for your three day stay.

Finally thank you for all the positive comments relating to the comfort of the apartments and the location.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel, as this is not the level of service and product that we normally deliver to our guests, as highlighted by the predominantly positive comments we receive on TripAdvisor and if there is anything I can assist you with in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly via my email address at ivo.tzvetkov@florahospitality.com .

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The best hospitality services and the only secrete behind that is the wonderful people at your service all the time.
The best part of the hotel is that there is no option for Alcohol. Perfect place to stay with family and kids.
Hotel is equipped with all the standard facilities so fit for all.

Gladly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ivo_tzvetkov, Cluster Director of Operations at Flora Creek Deluxe Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

I was very happy to read your positive comments on Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you had a perfect stay with us.

Your valued comments serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times and for all our guests.

Again thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed at the 1 room apartment and it was just nice and comfortable. Staff are friendly and helpful from the moment we checked-in until they dropped us at the airport. Very accessible to metro station and Deira City Centre. Buffet breakfast was fantastic and at a reasonable price AED75, love the fresh juices buffet. Just a perfect place for a family trip to Dubai

Room Tip: Creek view rooms are nice, perfect view of the creek and Burj Khalifa. The current construction acro...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

It is always our goal to provide memorable experiences for our guests, from the first welcome, to the moment we say goodbye, and I am very happy to read that you had a great stay with us.
I do also appreciate your positive comments in regards to the location and facilities I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding the breakfast served at our very own restaurant which you found to be fantastic and affordable.

Your feedback regarding our friendly and helpful staff is much appreciated and I will be sure to pass this on to our teams personally.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Flora Creek Hotel Apartments in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This Hotel is very comfortable, but it is a family hotel visitors are not allowed and the security asks the guests so much about your room number which is very annoying they are very concerned to be a visitor, and no alcohol, my drawback about the rooms is the electric outputs very few in wired locations, make sure you have plenty of electric connectors, the lobby needs to be renewed is the only by comment on the entrance design, otherwise everything is very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AWahba2013

Thank you for taking the time to send a review of your stay at Flora Creek Hotel Apartments.
We truly value the opinions and comments of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations fully during your last stay.

Please note that we are in the final stages or our refurbishment plan, which will encompass the lobby as well as the guest apartments.

If I may add, in order to maintain our commitment towards the protection and well being of all our valued guests, please note that those guests not registered upon check in, may not be granted access to the guest apartments and guest floors.

Finally that you for your positive comments regarding the comfort of the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.