“Perfect location!”

Ibis Deira City Centre
Ranked #197 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I was very surpriced by the service and the room at this hotel. I did not have high expertations after reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor. I was not at all disapointed...... It is a 2star hotel, and that is what you pay for.... Some of the reviews in here are unfair!

- Perfect location near a shopping center
- The resturant in this hotel and the hotel next door are great.
- Free internet in the lobby, bring your own computer or use one of the 3 computers in the lobby.
- Clean rooms, really great service.
- Polite and service minded staff
- Icecube maschine at the first floor
- Nice breakfast
- Free shuttlebus for the beach

I went on vaccation with my family for a week, all six persons had a really nice time. We will for sure come back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 488 = View to the mall, and you can see the highest building in Dubai from this room. Room 472...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Okonom
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Dubai City Center.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward

- thank you.

Email: H6481-GM@accor.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,817)

A TripAdvisor Member
Mittagong, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Great location, right across the road from deira city centre and only 5 min taxi to/from the airport (we stayed because we had a 6am departing flight). It had typical ibis facilities like anywhere in the world, however the bed in our room was very hard and uncomfortable. The floor would have been softer.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2011

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights in October 2011 as part of a multi centre holiday. We had a room on the top floor (9th floor), the room was fine and more than good enough to sleep in after a busy day in Duabi. The hotel is directly opposite the Deira City Centre Mall, but other than that, there really isn't much else (for a tourist). For us it required a taxi ride to the various tourist locations, although there is a metro station next to the mall.
Trying to get a taxi in the evening on a weekend is a nightmare, hotel could not book one for us and we had to stand in the street and hope one would stop.
Breaskfast was ok, reasonable choices of cooked and a good way to start the day.
Free Wifi in the lobby was a bonus! Basically a good place to put your head after a busy day. Bit far out from the tourist bits, but then its cheaper for that reason. All in all a comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Request a top floor....
1  Thank RBM141011
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Perhaps, in my frequent travel experience, this hotel needs a lot of training on customer service and compassion especially to the PWD and Person With (Temporary) Disability (I had knee operations then and was using a cane) just like me.

When I was bringing down the luggage, nobody bothered to help me even if they saw I was having difficulty putting down my luggages and bringing it in their narrow door hotel. I asked one of the bellboy to assist me and I was told they are not allowed to assist a guest! Wow, first time I ever heard that a hotel staff are taught not to assist their guest esp. me who had a temporary disability.

We stayed there for almost 1 week due to Gulf Food. To be fair, the hotel is walking distance to the World Trade Center. Anyway, my agony did not end there. This is also the only hotel that allows you to pay before you eat! Breakfast wasn't included in the package I got so I have to take advantage of the buffet breakfast (which is not good at all but for someone who is tired from work till night, the taste doesn't matter anymore. But what added insult to the injury was guests are asked to pay before they can seat and eat. Pay before you eat hotel? First time again!

I just hope that whoever operated this hotel will realize that in the hospitality industry, customer service is number one. Only then that you will get repeat customers. Next year, I will take another hotel, the Novotel, just stone throw away from Ibis.

Room Tip: Take the room facing City Centre, it's good.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank monsiserrano
HotelsDirector, Manager at Ibis Deira City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Dubai City Center. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed here for a few nights while having a quick look around Dubai. The room was good, staff friendly although didn't always have a good grasp of English (maybe we should have learnt Arabic?!). Breakfast was nice enough although I wasn't too keen on the cooked choices. Location's not great if you've only got a few days as most things seem to be near the beach or the Dubai mall. Handy for the airport though as only a couple of stops on the metro.

1  Thank Anna S

Reviewed 27 October 2011

its good, no frills hotel. its clean and tidy and basic. But, for this price i would expect more services...atleast room service should be there and a bell boy to pick up your luggage. its okay if someone has a single bag...but we had like 3 big bags and no one came to help. i understand that its a budget hotel...but the prices i paid were not so budget and after all its a hotel and not a service apartment. If, i have to do everything by myself then i am better of in an service apartment which has a lot more facilities.
my recommendations:-
room service for atleast tea/coffee in morning
bell boy for people with more than 2 bags.
Electric kettle in rooms

i would not recommend this hotel for the price i paid in dubai. yes, for 30% less...i would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Stayed here for a few nights whilst on a sight seeing holiday in Dubai. The hotel rooms are clean and well maintained.
Breakfast is decent, good variety of dishes though not a big room and it can be a little frantic!
This is in a poor location unless your stay centres around the Deira district.
Reception staff were not very helpful or interested. Getting a cab can be a little haphazard.
Fine for a quick stop for shopping or if on business.