Just spent a quick weekend stay at The Address DT where we celebrated my dear wife's birthday. When i made the initial enquiry, due to the awkward flight arrival and departure, i was pleased to know that for the Club rooms, the checkin and checkout was based on 24 hours... you can checkin anytime! Actually saved me ONE day rate because of this.
Also, because we booked the Club room, we were offered the complimentary Ahlan "welcome" service at the Airport. Such a breeze... they took care of our passports while we waited (not long) at the lounge. We noticed a lot of the people who were on the same flight having to que up at the immigration counters while we left the airport... again a plus!
Transportation was ready outside the Airport... Audi A8! great! Great first time experience for me as i have never been outside of the Dubai airport.
We arrived about 1AM at the Hotel and after a quick checkin, we were brought up to our Fountain View club room... nicely decorated room... but the view was awesome! we had our own balcony, with a perfect view of the Swimming pool, the Dubai fountain, the dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa.
We had breakfast both times at the club lounge, and it was good enough and good quality that we decided not to try the main restaurant for breakfast. The view from the Terrace area of the club lounge was even better than from our room... fantastic. In fact we spent both afternoons enjoying our coffee, cakes, while enjoying the view and the Dubai fountain show at 6pm onwards
Weather in the late afternoons was good enough (not too hot) to enjoy the breeze.
We tried the swimming pool once and our children would have loved it... next time! The view again from the pool is fantastic... the pool itself was large, had areas for kids and had deeper areas for adults.
The main reason we picked The Address DT was because of the location and it was literally less than 5 mins walk into the Dubai Mall. I bet there isn't a better located hotel in Dubai to enjoy a quick stay.... everything is there.
The only other outlet we tried was the ground floor lounge where we had Shisha one night.... Didn't get to try any other outlets during our stay.
We have already made plans to bring the whole family to spend the new years celebrations in Dubai and we are looking forward to it. This property, although pricey, is right bang in the middle of everything... Dubai mall has (nearly) everything for the family...
I also like the amenities in the room, one of our favourite... Aromatherapy Associates! One minor point is that the Hot water takes a while... but its a minor issue...
Lastly, we tried the Spa where we had the couples spa treatment and it was good... the view from the couples room was again fantastic... panoramic view of Downtown dubai.
Though it was a quick stay, it was a memorable and enjoyable one... i can't wait for our next stay there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Temporarily Closed. The Address Downtown Dubai is the first hotel project and flagship property of The Address Hotels + Resorts that has set international benchmarks with its excellent hospitality and service standards. We are delighted to let you know that preliminary work is already under way to reopen the hotel in record time and to restore the project to its glory using the best in design, quality and technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Address Downtown Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Address Downtown Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Address Downtown Burj Dubai
- Address Downtown Burj Hotel Dubai