“Excellent new hotel”
Review of Address Downtown

Address Downtown
Ranked #96 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I visit Dubai regulary and normally stay at the Emirates Towers, but after recently staying at The Address, I will defiantely book here next time instead. The rooms are fantasic and spaceous, the decor of the hotel is classy and modern, great location (right next to the huge Dubai mall) and is resonably priced compared to other 4-5 star hotels in the Emirates.
The only hotel in Dubai which tops this one is the One and Only...

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank DramaInManama
Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

995 - 1,001 of 1,371 reviews

Reviewed 4 December 2009

The Address is thee address to stay when you are in Dubai. Placed right next to the Dubai Mall and next to the Palace Hotel...its got what it takes to stand out from the rest. Had gone there to attend a family wedding function and had a good time spending time in the Mall during the day and relaxing in their beutiful infinity pool. The weather is very sunny so you have to go with sunglasses and sun tan lotion is a must. The staff is very polite and very courteous.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank GSoi
Reviewed 2 December 2009

I'm writing this review from my comfy bed at the Address Downtown Burj Dubai right now. There are three Address Hotels dowtown - The Address Hotel Dubai Mall (newest, adjacent to the mall) , The Address Hotel Burj Dubai (recently built but second oldest Address Hotel, next door to the mall), and The Address Hotel Marina (oldest, near Marina). Be sure you know which hotel you are booking and clearly state the entire hotel name when giving directions to the cab driver.

The Address Hotel Downtown Burj Dubai has a professional staff, rain showerhead and nice bath soaps, free wireless internet, free bottled water daily, in-room espresso machine with a variety of espresso flavors in disposable cups, large rooms, dark woods/marble/tile/glass/good lighting, complimentary turn down service with water (no chocolates), and has the greatest number of English TV channels of any other foreign hotel I've visited.

Numerous well-heeled guests from all over the East and Western world stroll through with designer purses and pretty frocks under black abayas. The location is great - you can walk to the Dubai mall, Burj Dubai, and Dubai fountains. You can get a cab within seconds to go elsewhere.

One perk about the lower floors is balconies, but not all rooms have them, so be sure to ask for a balcony room facing the fountains. There are two sections in the hotel - floors up to 12 use the house elevator and floors above 12 use the main elevator, so I recommend requesting a floor higher than 12 if you use the gym or spa. I stayed on the 10th floor, so to go to the spa and gym, I had to take the house elevator to the 12th floor and then walk up a flight. Otherwise, I had to walk through the lobby in gym clothes (you're underdressed in sneakers at this hotel).

The staffed gym is nice - classes; free bottled water; machines have individual TVs with plugs for headsets or you can use their cheap, uncomfortable headsets; and oranges and apples in the lounge area. I received a great deep tissue massage in the spa. The spa relaxation area overlooks the Dubai fountains. There are oranges, tea, and juice in the relaxation area. The changing rooms have steam rooms and rain showerheads, there's a hairdryer but no showercaps or vanity items. The pool area is very nice, with a swim up pool bar that my collegues enjoyed. The pool bar area overlooks the fountains also. The service and amenities are 5 star, but you pay for it. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank SocialButterflyJag
Reviewed 28 November 2009

Wow ! We loved this hotel.

I have been fortunate to visit Dubai many tmes and have stayed in many hotels, including the Burj Al Arab, and The Address has made it to my top 3. For a downtown hotel this would be my top choice.

We had an executive suite with a fab view of the fountains and access to the club lounge, which was just,as others have said, superb. We ate breakfast in Fazaris because we preferred the range of choice in there but for everything else we used the lounge. Sarat and Apriel get a special mention from me but all of the staff were excellent. Club access did make the price more expensive but when you bear in mind that we dinner in there every night and had access to unlimite soft drinks, tea and coffee during the day, lunch if we wanted it, sandwiches, little quiches and cakes from 2.30pm till 5pm, and then dinner from 6pm till 8.30pm and alcoholic drinks from 6pm till 11pm it more than paid for itself.

Aqua di Parma toiletries in the bathroom, great shower, fab bath and beautifully designed lay out.

Suite was lovely, decor was soothing shades of brown and orange. I loved the fact that they had blackout curtains and comfy chairs on the balcony.

The bed was sooooo comfy and the pillows were so good I have already written to see where they source them.

There was a beautifull arrangement of fresh flowers delivered to the room just after we arrived and the smell of those flowers wafted across every time we opened the door of the room.

The best thing about the executive suite was the 24 hour checkout and because we weren't leaving on our last day until 11.30pm in the evening we had none of the usual mad dash to checkout. we stayed by the pool all day, went back to the room to pack and had a quick snooze and then stayed in the club lounge until the car collected us at 11.30.

We did venture up to Neos bar on the 63rd floor for a look at the view but weren't suitably dressed to mingle with the 'beautiful people' so didn't stay for a drink - any way no point paying for drinks when they were included in our club package.

One minor niggle was the fact that the executive rooms only have king size beds, which would be great if you are travelling a deux. My friend was my sister so we shared a bed for the first time in 40 years. Having said that the beds are so big that we could have shared it with 3 others and not been squashed.

One other less minor niggle was the fact that all of the lights and power points in the room are controlled by a switch at one side of the bed so it was impossible to leave the bed side light on - so if one person wanted to read for a bit then all of the lights stayed on. This also meant that my mobile phone couldn't charge over night.
As I say a minor niggle, but if anyone from the Address reads this then it would be great to have bedside lights that operate independently to the main switch. : )

Everything about our stay was excellent and I won't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
6  Thank Latimer
Reviewed 22 November 2009

This was a truly amazing hotel that I was lucky enough to go to on the company coin. saying that, i am already planning a second trip in February 2010 with my family at the same hotel so that they can experience it!

there is not much more that i can add to the previous reviews of this hotel. the hotel was in a word - beautifully designed from the inside and out. even the public bathrooms ere well designed! loved the design of the business lounge and all the food outlets too.

the room was certainly one of the most comfortable i have ever stayed in for its class - i stayed in a premier room i think. the bed was sooo comfortable.
the hotel has seemed to have improved their service from previous reviewers as i had not one complaint. being jet lagged, i called room service to bring me an iron at 4a.m., and within minutes i had a knock on my door and someone came in with an ironing board and even plugged the iron in for me.

the breakfast at fazaris was really good and varied slightly every day. loved the wheatgrass and apple juice made freshly to order!

the view from the gym was amazing! i even brought my camera with me one morning to record the tremendous view. the view was probably even better at the lounge on the top floor, but i unfortunately didn't get a chance to go there.

i swam in the beautiful infinity pool with a great view of the burj. even though i am no architecture buff, i really enjoyed looking at this building.

loved the fact that the dubai mall was literally a skip away from the hotel. the dancing fountains are really entertaining too.

all in all, i would heartily recommend this excellent hotel.

3  Thank jazzmmatazz
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Marhaba Y'all -

I just returned from a week long stay at the Address Downtown and could not wait to come write the review. This hotel is outstanding! As this was a work trip, someone else handled my travel arrangements so all I knew was that we were at the Address but was not sure of much more than that (had no clue what class of room had been booked either). Once through customs at the airport, I stopped by the Address kiosk and they loaded me up in a BMW 750 for the 15 minute ride to the hotel. The driver was kind and had refreshments available for me in the car. I was thinking, so far so good! When we got to the hotel, I could not believe how beautiful it was. It, like much of the new construction in Dubai, is a striking, modern building, with beautful exterior lighting features and fountains everywhere. Check in was painless and the desk clerk accompanied me to the 7th floor Club Lounge to get me situated in my room.

The room was nicely sized, with a super comfortable bed, full sofa, desk, and a nice 42-inch flat panel tv. The balcony was terrrific and had outstanding views overlooking the pool, and down towards the Dubai Fountain and the Burj Tower. Bathroom was super and had a great shower with all the usual upgraded complimentary bath products provided.

Everyone of the hotel spoke as you passed by them in the halls and their English proficiency are all very acceptable. Ate in the restaurant by the pool every morning for their buffet which was amazing. Loved the fresh juice and all of the assortment each morning. Had dinner one night in the same restaurant and had the Lamb Tajine which was outstanding. Visited Neos on the 63rd floor mainly to see the view as it was slammed with all of the pretty people in the evening. Tried to go up around 5:45 pm one evening to snap some photos from up there and watch the sun set, but was disappointed to not be able to stay and see the sunset as they were not yet open. Did get a few quick photos but then had to depart. Seems like they are missing an opportunity for sunset drinks 63 floors up, but oh well. Minor.

One note that needs to be made is that there are a number of ladies who ply their trade in the hotel bars. As I was solo, I was approached by several different ladies offering their services to help me pass the time. The hotel staff are all aware of it but there really isn't much they can do. No biggie, but be warned. It makes for an interesting story back home.

In conclusion, this is an absolutely 5 star hotel with all of the ammenities you would expect and the customer service from the staff to back it up. I would defintely stay here again and HIGHLY recommend anyone else doing so. One slight complaint was that I I did not know about the extra benefits of the 7th floor club lounge, but it seems from other reviewers that there are some perks of which I should have been informed upon check in. Hate I missed those! I returned to the airport as I arrived, in the hotel's BMW. What a great ending to a great week!

1  Thank morganinaboat
Reviewed 19 November 2009

Booked a Club Fountain View room was upgraded to executive suit, really one of the best suits i ever stayed in, the pool is lovely, the restaurants are great for choice and quality, next to the biggest mall (Mall of Dubai) so finish work and 2 min. u'll be enjoying this amazing mall, Club lounge has everything you think of and a full breakfast, service is really good

1  Thank AdelEgypt