“Very Glossy...but could work on the details...the human kind”
Review of Address Downtown

Address Downtown
Ranked #72 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I have been looking forward to staying here. I frequent the hotels restaurants and bars and like the location being where it is.
I suggested staying here when we had a high profile client visiting the country. That was a mistake. I should have taken him to DINNER here and then stayed at any of the other hotels in the area.

The rooms are amazing. My gripe- only one socket. So, if you want to charge your cell phone AND plug in your laptop...it aint gonna happen. If you want to do anything at all requiring more than one port...out of luck. But this isnt a big deal.
They toiletries are from Aveda, that has to count for something. It is SUPER nice. i am happy with the rooms. Big tv etc.

I am going to check out the pool in a short while, but I expect it is top notch.

The part which really irks me. My company made reservations here a few weeks ago. All was set up, but when I arrived they could not find ANYONES reservations.
So for about 45 minutes we were in the lobby with our important guest and more importantly my boss, waiting for the hotel to find our reservations. THEN the hotel proceeds to GIVE everyone a smoking room. No questions, no nothing. My boss again was not happy, and then when he asked for a room change, they said no.! WOW, we are paying around $350 a night for a room in a city FULL of other hotels, and we get a no! On a non smoking room.

Eventually the front desk was persuaded to change our smoking rooms to non-smoking rooms, and gave us our rooms. Now, a full 45 mins from the time we walked in the door until the time we were able to get to our rooms.

Sadly, no matter how shiney the halls are, if you dont have a staff to go along with the polish of the hotel, well...you lose clients. As my boss said upon leaving 'they would never treat us like this at the Grand Hyatt..."

Im still on the fence, I am in the hotel right now, sitting on a very soft bed, and watching the TV. Bring an Ipod if you have one because they have an ipod speaker. They provide you with a plug adapter, so that is nice as well. If you are fasting in Ramadan, they will give you a special sahour breakfast they said, so we shall see. The coffee and tea selection is the best I have ever seen at a hotel.

It is RIGHT next to the Dubai Mall, you really cant beat it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank riyaliti
SimeonOlle, General Manager at Address Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2010

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate the feedback as it is through constructive comments such as yours we are able to review, improve and learn how to better serve our guests.

Your feedback on the additional socket is very valid and in fact we are currently in the process of installing an additional plug by the bedside of all guest rooms. I am very sorry you were not asked for your room preference of smoking or non smoking upon arrival. This should be a basic service requirement and I apologize that we were not more accommodating in this regard for yourself and your guests. We will certainly learn from this.

I wanted to also thank you for the positive comments you made about the hotel. Your kind words are appreciated and have been also shared with our team.

If you would like to share more feedback with me in regard to your stay I would be delighted to assist and can be contacted on solle@theaddress.com.

Simeon Olle
The Address Downtown Dubai

Write a ReviewReviews (1,372)

Reviewed 26 August 2010

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to review this phenominal property. Around New Year's, we stayed in a premier fountain view room and the upgrade was worth every penny. The room itself was gorgeous. The bed was extremely comfortable. The decor was elegant. The bath and shower faciliteis were beyond compare. It was also a treat to enjoy the fountain show every night from our balcony, and the view was spectacular. The Burj Khalifa was amazing to gaze at. While we decided to stay in New Year's Eve and enjoy a carry out meal on the balcony (complete with candles from the mall next door), we could hear the music from parties below while enjoying the fountains. It was perfect!

The service was impeccable. Robyn helped us find reservations for brunch and excursions that were fantastic. He had great recommendation for everything and was able to help with anything we needed.

The restaurants were delicious. We enjoyed sitting outside and noshing at Calabar--what a great place! Hukama was delicious, too. Neos was cool to check out, but not really my scene. The lounge outside on the main level was fabulous, too.

We only checked out the pool on the last day and that was a huge regret. It is beyond fantastic! I wish we had spent more time there. My husband also used the fitness center and said it was great.

The location of the hotel was also perfect. While it's not on the beach, it was accesible to everywhere we wanted to go. We checked out the malls one day, the sooks, took a day trip to Atlantis, went on a dessert safari, and much more all from the convenience of our hotel. Yes, we took cabs, but it was easy to do and not expensive.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Dubai and will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunny3292
Reviewed 15 August 2010

ROOM CATEGORY: Twin Club Fountain View
ROOM RATE: 370 euros nett / night (Club facilities included)

After a really screwed-up check-in that lasted more than 2 hours, we had a nice stay. The Address Downtown offers 24-hour club-room retention, which means that if you arrive at 14:00, you can keep the room until 14:00 the following day. When booking, they insist on being told your arrival time so that your room can be ready when you get to the hotel. This didn't happen in our case. We were given the run-around by 4 different people and told to go to 3 different places to try and check in (the front desk, the conceirge desk and, finally, the club lounge). In all fairness to the hotel, our reservation was a bit complicated, having upgraded to a Club room from a standard room offered by Emirates Airlines. Theoretically, this had all been taken care of prior to our arrival. It wasn't. I also had to go to the lobby and demand that my luggage be sent up after 2 1/2 hours of waiting. There are serious communication problems within the hotel. The hotel didn't bill us for the upgrade charge for the first night so that made things better.

Despite the check-in inconvenience, The Address Downtown was well-located, right next to the Dubai Mall and across from the Burj Khalifa. Even though the Club Fountain View rooms only have a view of the dancing fountains (actually very cool) from the balconies, they were very spacious and well-appointed with great beds and comfortable furniture. The lighting system, however, is way too complicated. It was impossible to have the bedside reading lamps on without having other lights on in the room and the housekeeping staff had no clue as to how they worked, either. Club rooms offer Aveda products, which is nice, but very few amenities and no office equipment. Check the mini bar to see if it is stocked or not. All alcohol had been removed from ours, common in Muslim countries, and I had to ask for it to be re-stocked.

The Club Lounge was one of the best I'd used with a great breakfast, nice lunch, fine tea, light dinner and a 5-hour Happy Hour with complimentary cocktails! The computer stations were also very good. The only real problem was that they allow children so no peace or relaxation is possible.

The hotel's architecture is complicated and maze-like but the fitness center is really good and the Spa, though we didn't have any treatments, seemed very nice. The grounds and pool were superb, though complicated, like everything else here.

Staff, in general, were pleasant enough though not always able to help with requests.

I would recommend this hotel mostly for location. It's probably better for a short stay and perfectly suitable for people traveling alone.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Troy92120
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Went for the apartment style room thinking we would have a great view of the Burj Khalifa and the fountain, but unfortunately our room overlooked a building site. TV was only visible from sitting room area (ie not from the bed). Price is steep, like everything in Dubai, and the check in staff were surly (even by Dubai standards!) Apart from that, this place has excellent location, pool and toiletries!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2010

A good location for a short shopping trip stay in Dubai. The hotel is in a great locaton next to the largest shopping mall in the world(?).

Rooms were nice and if you are in the club rooms you gain access to the club lounge with free all day buffet which offers a great way to relax in the evening before heading out. The hotel has a nice pool and a nice bar at the top with great views of Burj Al Khaleefa.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2010

The Address is to me the best spot for a city trip to Dubai. The Dubai Mall with the little cafes and restaurants along the water fountain is in walking distance, the hotel has great views on the Burj Khalifa, a nice pool area, well equipped fitness club, and is idealy located right in the center of Dubai.
The place is fancy and one might say some of the room furniture looks better than being useful - yes, that´s right. But the place is well maintained, and totally up to date. After having seen the Armani hotel, I think you are better off staying in The Address, were you have similar design at half the price, and Burj view on top.
We stayed in a Club room, which is highly recommended. The Club lounge offers food and drinks throughout the day, friendly staff and a fantastic view on the water fountains at night.
For business and a city trip, this is the right place in Dubai.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Had an amazing time on a short weekend getaway ! Highly recommend this property and their pool is amazing. It's my new place to stay at whenever I'm in Dubai.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple