I have been looking forward to staying here. I frequent the hotels restaurants and bars and like the location being where it is.
I suggested staying here when we had a high profile client visiting the country. That was a mistake. I should have taken him to DINNER here and then stayed at any of the other hotels in the area.
The rooms are amazing. My gripe- only one socket. So, if you want to charge your cell phone AND plug in your laptop...it aint gonna happen. If you want to do anything at all requiring more than one port...out of luck. But this isnt a big deal.
They toiletries are from Aveda, that has to count for something. It is SUPER nice. i am happy with the rooms. Big tv etc.
I am going to check out the pool in a short while, but I expect it is top notch.
The part which really irks me. My company made reservations here a few weeks ago. All was set up, but when I arrived they could not find ANYONES reservations.
So for about 45 minutes we were in the lobby with our important guest and more importantly my boss, waiting for the hotel to find our reservations. THEN the hotel proceeds to GIVE everyone a smoking room. No questions, no nothing. My boss again was not happy, and then when he asked for a room change, they said no.! WOW, we are paying around $350 a night for a room in a city FULL of other hotels, and we get a no! On a non smoking room.
Eventually the front desk was persuaded to change our smoking rooms to non-smoking rooms, and gave us our rooms. Now, a full 45 mins from the time we walked in the door until the time we were able to get to our rooms.
Sadly, no matter how shiney the halls are, if you dont have a staff to go along with the polish of the hotel, well...you lose clients. As my boss said upon leaving 'they would never treat us like this at the Grand Hyatt..."
Im still on the fence, I am in the hotel right now, sitting on a very soft bed, and watching the TV. Bring an Ipod if you have one because they have an ipod speaker. They provide you with a plug adapter, so that is nice as well. If you are fasting in Ramadan, they will give you a special sahour breakfast they said, so we shall see. The coffee and tea selection is the best I have ever seen at a hotel.
It is RIGHT next to the Dubai Mall, you really cant beat it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Temporarily Closed. The Address Downtown Dubai is the first hotel project and flagship property of The Address Hotels + Resorts that has set international benchmarks with its excellent hospitality and service standards. We are delighted to let you know that preliminary work is already under way to reopen the hotel in record time and to restore the project to its glory using the best in design, quality and technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Address Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Address Downtown Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Address Downtown Burj Dubai
- Address Downtown Burj Hotel Dubai