“Could awsome but...”

The Address Downtown Dubai
Ranked #23 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Great hotel which misses the top rating because of too many little things.
We came to spent New Year’s Eve and booked 7 rooms facing burj Kalifa. Although we booked 2 months in advance we spent 1 hour waiting for the formalities to be done. Two of us were “upgraded” to a two room apartment which happened to be crapy, not facing the firework and barely maintained. After we complained they moved us back to the original rooms but not before January 1st.
Apart from that, the hotel is amazing, the service is really nice, the spa is really cool and the pool area is very pleasant. Too bad little details (which aren’t important but which are annoying when there are too many of them) prevent this hotel from reaching our top 10 list. I believe it lakes a true manager with some palace experience. The rooms are amazing but not perfectly serviced. Sometimes they do not renew the amenities, or forget to prepare the room for the night. We had a bulb broken for the entire 4 days. On the other hand it’s an elegant hotel without the (sometimes vulgar) crowd one may find in other Dubai hotels such as the Jumeirah.
One advice: be aware that the serviced apartments are under the Islamic law; no mini bar and alcohol through the room service!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Address Downtown Dubai

Reviewed 13 January 2011

Didn't stay in the hotel, just booked Christmas Day dinner in Fasari restaurant. It was wonderful. I was expecting it to be OK, especially when I'd been to the hotel to book and pre-pay I'd been given a viewing by the lovely banqueting manager. She reserved me tables both inside & out incase of poor weather. On the night we sat out on the jungly terrace and it was perfect.

I thought a Christmas Dinner buffet might be a bit naff, but it wasn't. My (adult) daughter and I had opted for the 350 AED menu which included a glass of Champagne when we arrived and all wine and soft drinks thru the meal. We began with half a dozen oysters each, then had sushi, then a mezze selection, then lobster thermidor, then turkey dinner, then desert. Fabulous!

My only complaint about anything was that there didn't really seem to be an understanding that at Chrismas a turkey is always served with lashings of veg and all the trimmings. The miniscule bowls of potatoes and veg seemed more like a garnish, and they were cold. I asked for some fresh to be brought and after a while we were able to get our hands on a more tarditional plateful.

Other than that, it was an amazing evening. We spent from 7.0pm until midnight and had a super time, interspersing courses with a walk around the decked terrace and grounds to see the Dubai fountains, etc. I'll definitely go again, and would recommend it to anyone. The price I thought represented incredibly good value at such a festive time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2011

this place has everything a solid 5-star place should have: tasty interior, great service, numeous places for leisure, big rooms and beds to truely dream in.

after you checked in: on a an easy-chair and a very friendly concierge taking care of you, no 5 minutes later you already can enjoy the experience of luxury in that place.
as decribed before, nothing misses from wi-fi, dvd etc via a very comfortable bed and tasty funrniture to an excellent restaurant and a spectacular swimming-pool 15 meters above the dubai fountains with the most impressive view on the world's highest building.

great entertainment at the terrace bar outside with international dj's and certainly full alcohol licence.

only con: still i don't undersatnd why to travel to dubai if you don't have to.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2010

The hotel location is perfect door to door to the Dubia mall which is also looking at the fountains and Burj Khalifa! It is more than a 5 star hotel!
We arrived and was greated the reception. We had booked through expedia and had requested a twin bed room rather than a king bed however it did not mention on expedia that deluxe rooms do not come in twin bed and they are all Kind size beds :( The hotel was very nice to upgrade us to a room with twin beds.
Until we waited for our rooms, we were served with Lemon juice with mint and then hot beverage of our choice at the coffee shop.
If u are looking for a twin bed room do not book the deluxe room!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2010

The hotel overlook the majestic Burj Khalifa (world's tallest building) and the sprawling Dubai Mall. Extremely helpful and professional staff. One of the best hotel pillows that I have slept on. The hotel also has the highest sky bar In Dubai called 'Neos' on 63rd floor. Overall great business hotel within 5 minutes driving time to Dubai International Financial Center.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 27 November 2010

The hotel is great in general in terms of the location and the room furnature is attractive. the only bad part is the hotel food and dining services which is an average and does not reflect 5stars hotel

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 26 November 2010

I wanted to write a review on the hotel for a while now.
Firstly I am a very fussy guest at any hotel. When I am travelling and staying at a 5 star hotel I do not expect to hear 'NO' for anything. They did just that.
The hotel on its own has an x factor that i cant quite describe.Its very cool. I have stayed at many hotels in dubai and around the world before. The location of this one is just perfect.you are facing the tallest tower in the world and you practically in the same compound of the largest mall in the world.
Besides that, the room was very nice, with the i pod docking station, the beds were nice, The coffee maker was awesome. The bathroom was very modern and very nice. My wife loved the fact that there were two sinks, and the bathroom has blinds that can be opened or closed by a button to be visible from the room.
The room service was perfect. I had ordered ice buckets for champagne bottles, regular ice for drinks really late at night, and they were always delivered in a jiffy.
The concierge was also very helpful and courteous.
The room service food is also quite good. At one point at about 3 am I was craving for a pizza from pizza hut, one of the concierge 'off the record' helped me out and it was delivered to the room at about 3 30.
They also have a bar on the 60th floor called neos, which has a great view of the burj khalifa and the fountain show is quite nice, but the bar was over hyped for me, and I dint find it great.
The pool is also a nice place to chill, it faces the dubai mall and the burj khalifa as well.
I will definitely go back to this hotel. It is a bit on the pricey side, but if the budget permits I would say...stop looking at other hotels in dubai! just go here!
The only down side i can think of, Our check out took some time. But then we told them to get our luggage and in the mean time we went to the dubai mall for lunch and came back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple