“Excellant Property and Value for money”
Review of Ibis Al Barsha

Ibis Al Barsha
Ranked #227 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Excellant Property and Value for money”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at Ibis Al Barsha for 5 Nights between 21 March to 26 March, 2014 with my wife and 5 year old son. This hotel is very well located on sheikh zayad road, near to Sharaf DG metro station, and close to other attractions like Palm Atlantis, Wild Wadi, Bul-al-Arab, Dubai Marina etc. I feel that I really got very good deal for 5 nights in Dubai. This hotel is true value for money in terms of location, cleanliness and service. However, the only thing I wish to change is its monotonous and repeated breakfast buffet for all 5 days. It need to be changed with some variety. Still, I highly recommend this property if you are travelling to Dubai because of its location and value.

Regards,

Amrish Tiwari

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank arny_virgo
Th_Management_Team, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review of your stay at our hotel.

We are pleased to know that you found our service levels to your expectations. We thank you once again for your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you again to Ibis Al Barsha.

Kind regards,
The Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I don´t know why this Hotel has only 50% recommendation rate on Tripadvisor.Imho it deserves more appreciation.
I´ve chosen it because of its location close to Dubai Marina,so it should be a good choice for all those,who want to be close to the modern part of the city.
Concerning the hotel itself I was really satisfied with my room.It was clean,quiet and was well equipped.
Also the staff was great-always friendly and welcoming.
I can not also complain about the breakfast.Comparing to other hotels around the world I´ve stayed so far,breakfast served in Ibis Al Barsha was really good and varied.
I´d definitely stayed here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jumper1980
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our staff to be helpful and professional.

We are also pleased that you found our location ideal for your visit to Dubai.
It is a pleasure being of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,
The Management Team
Bratislava
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We spent there only 1night during our stopover in Dubai. Hotel is located close to metro station(5min walk), room was quite small but clean and with all amenities. Good breakfast buffet,friendly staff. Good in price vs. quality

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Th_Management_Team, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Greetings from Dubai!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay with us.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Ibis Al Barsha Dubai.

I have shared your comments with the Team, so that they are aware of their contribution in meeting your expectations.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward, thank you once again!

We look forward to welcoming you at Ibis Al Barsha in the near future.

Sincerely yours

Amman
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Came on business. Average Hotel. Internet was very slow on wifi and when plugged in. Poor selection of TV channels. Bathroom floods when you have a shower. Room smelt a bit stale. Cant open room window. Vending machine rejects every coin you ever put in it. Staff were generally nice apart from one security guard who enjoyed throwing stones at the local stray cats. 10 minute walk to the Metro or about 30 to Mall of Emirates.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your comments and your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that the service you received regarding your room were not to our usual standards. Please rest assured that the points you made were addressed.

I am pleased to read that the Restaurant team has met your expectations in terms of level of service.
I would like to inform you that we offering free WIFI at the hotel and that the hotel don't have SPA facilty just Hamman and Sauna.

Once again thank you for your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kinds Regards

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 3 April 2014

General information about the hotel

To get to the hotel in a taxi tell the driver to take you to ibis al barsha on the Sheikh Zayed Road because there is two ibis in al barcha
Taxi from and to the airport should cost you around 70-80 AED
Taxi are usual waiting outside
They use the UK plugs
They offer adapter with 10 AED deposit
Breakfast is served from 6:00 am until 10:00 am

Pros
Clean
It's quite
They have a shuttle that takes you to Dubai mall, Emirates mall, jumeirah public beach in set times
Emirates mall is in a walkable distance (30 min) or you can walk to the metro 7 min then take the metro to the next stop to (Emirates Mall station)
Metro station is 7min walk (sharaf DG)
Staff are friendly
You get a direct internet connection using an Ethernet cable
They give complimentary Nescafé & Tea

Cons
Can't open windows
Small rooms
Open closet (no doors)
Air conditioning is a bit too loud
Breakfast isn't that good
No view
The Fridge keeps things at room temperature
Wifi is not that great sometimes it doesn't even connect
No safe in the room
Toilets/ bathrooms are small thats what I heard but I got the disabled bathroom which was big enough but when showering water will be all over the bathroom

Personal Opinion:
I don't mind going back to ibis Al Barsha but I would rather not
I didn't like the Hotel so I can't recommend it

Room Tip: I had Room 101
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Th_Management_Team, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for having taken the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at the Ibis Al barsha, Dubai.

It enables us to critically assess our performance and understand the required areas of improvement.

We have also noted your concern about the bathroom and would like to apologize for any inconvenience that might have been caused. We would like to inform you that we have shared your feedback with the various departments concerned so we can take corrective measures where and when possible.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guests and if you could give us a change to welcoming you back again soon to Ibis Al Barsha, Dubai

Kinds Regards

Management Team

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

vienna
Reviewed 29 March 2014

we stayed there 8 nights. 24 hrs reception is very convenient as our plane got there at 4 AM. i got a fab deal on otel.com including breakfast buffett, fees and taxes. staff very helpful and attentive. 15 min satisfaction guarantee worked out. as we had the impression of a smoke smelly room, at lunchtime we could change. size of a double is appropiate, bathroom size like most hotels in this category. overall a very good 3 star i recommend. free shuttle service are available to MoTE, jumeirah beach - the times are little bit off, and outlet mall.
walk to metro is safe, about a 10 minute walk. though not all the way is plastered yet. the hotel is not downtown, but that is not advertised as this of course. with the metro you can reach quite all major sites and malls. metro on friday runs from 1 pm on, and friday, saturday and sunday evenings its quite a challenge to get a cab. theres a great seafood restaurant behind the novotel, called serenas seafood.

Room Tip: had room on the 4th floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tamina K
Th_Management_Team, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Al Barsha we it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kind Regards

Al Muharraq, Bahrain
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed there for a week the hotel staff were nice and location was convenient but there isn’t much going around in that block. You need to walk at least 15-20 minutes to reach the Metro area where all the restaurants and supermarkets are available. The room smell was HORRIBLE I even bought air freshener because I couldn't take the smell. I used those room perfume freshener (with the wooden sticks) it is supposed to last at least a month. One day I came to my room and the sticks were taken off and the bottle was empty! I didn't report this but I didn't feel safe. On the first day I ordered from the deli and the sandwich was cold and too salty I told the waiter and she didn’t seem to care!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Th_Management_Team, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some very personal feedback on our hotel through TripAdvisor.

Based on your comments we have clearly failed to meet your expectations during your stay and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience regarding your room and lack of service you experienced.

Nevertheless, rest assured that we have shared your feedback regarding your overall experience with the various departments concerned so we can take corrective measures where and when possible.

While we can not undo what has past, we do look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and restoring your confidence with Ibis Al Barsha.

Kind Regards