“Not for long term stay or for short”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Ibis Al Barsha

Ibis Al Barsha
Ranked #226 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Not for long term stay or for short”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was put up in this hotel by my company for a month. For a cheap budget hotel it may be alright for some but I won't personally stay here again and if I can influence my new company I will not recommend that they put future staff here. My reasons are:-
1. The room constantly has a hint of sewage smell coming through the vents, some days it is stronger than others and mainly comes from the bathroom. I have asked reception staff to tell the cleaners to keep the bathroom door shut when they finish but every time I return to my room in the evening the door is open and the sewage smell fills the bedroom. Not nice.
2. The choice of television is limited and reception is poor.
3. The internet is painfully slow although on some days it is ok. I even managed to watch the British Grand Prix on my iPad uninterrupted but this was an exception.
4. I was here during the World Cup and the hotel put the football on in the bar. However as a non smoker I could not sit in the bar as the cigarette smoke was just too much, it made me heave. So the hotel does not cater for non smokers. Again I tried raising this with staff but all I got back was this is the rule during Ramadan!!
5. Cleaning staff kept forgetting to replace towels. Didn't affect me too much as there were always two towels but if a couple were to use the room this would be an irritation.
6. On a couple of occasions I had to go and ask for water for my room as the bottles were not replaced by the cleaning staff.
7. The fire alarm panel is showing faults on the system. When I asked reception staff what the problem was they did not know and never made any effort to find out. I asked if I would be ok sleeping. They said oh yes you will be fine!
8. The hotel contravenes other fire regulations such as wedging open the fire doors at the lift lobby and placing vending machines in exit routes. Obviously no risk assessment by their head office.

There are other things that I could mention but that should give readers a flavour of what to expect.

Room Tip: The Mall of Emirates is a short taxi ride away. Good for shopping and eating.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank submariner99
Th_Management_Team, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, 20 July 2014

Greetings from Ibis Dubai Al Barsha,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay at the Ibis Dubai Al Barsha. At Ibis, we strive to provide a quality service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We have noted your concerns about certain areas and services provided to you, which are not the true reflection of the standards upon which Ibis prides itself in; Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your concerns, and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Ibis Dubai Al Barsha in the very near future.

Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was really an extremely short stay to be able to efficiently rate the hotel and the services, however, I can say at least that I was surrounded by a very friendly and yet professional staff at all levels, whether it be at the reception, restaurant, etc. Therefore, it was pleasant and confortable

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Th_Management_Team, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your positive comments about our staff during your very short stay at Ibis Dubai Al Barsha.

I have shared your comments with the staff, so that they are aware of their contribution in continuously improving the quality of our services to meet the guest satisfactions.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Dubai at Ibis Dubai Al Barsha in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Comparing to same price hotel in Doha, Ibis hotel was like heaven. Very nice place, clean and pleasant. Shower is the smallest I ever saw. If you do not like air-condition and you want to open window, you cannot do it. Air becomes ugly so you must use it. Location is ok but train is far at day heat. All in all nice stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Th_Management_Team, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest.

Greetings from Ibis Dubai Al Barsha!

We very much appreciate your comments about the hotel and glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We also like the fact that you have found our room rate is reasonable.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at the Ibis Dubai Al Barsha.

Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I arrived very late at night after 2 hrs inline to Immigration. Taxi was easy to find and my ride to the Hotel was OK. Arrived the lobby and was greeted well. Check in was quick and off I was to my room. Got myself sorted and went down to the restaurant for Dinner. This place serves Beer and it is more like a sports bar with friendly Filippino staff. Smoking is allowed. This is nice IBIS with lots of multicultural staff from all parts of the world. Rooms are nice and I will sure be back if I have the chance to travel to Dubai again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Th_Management_Team, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Ibis Dubai Al Barsha !

We very much appreciate your positive comments about the quick procedures to check-in and our Sport Bar "Madison" at Ibis Dubai Al Barsha.

We also would like to extend our sincere thanks about your positive comments about our staff.
I have shared your comments with our team, so that they are aware of their contribution in continuously improving the quality of our services to meet the guest satisfactions.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at the Ibisl Dubai Al Barsha.

Kind regards

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for 1 night 26th of June
The room was cleaned and big enough for couples but the bathroom so small and not comfortable

We went to the sport bar to watch the matche for Algeria vs Russia

The food was great we liked it much. The bartender ( Abed alrahem) so funny and friendly and he provided a very good service and help for all the customers
I go again in the morning to thank but unfortunately he wasn't there

The hotel located in great place where you can go to the most popular places in Dubai.

Prices are extremely fair and responsibled
Thanks alot

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roverfive
Th_Management_Team, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Ibis Dubai Al Barsha !

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Dubai Al Barsha.

I have shared your comments with our team, so that they are aware of their contribution in continuously improving the quality of our services to meet the guest satisfaction.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed there for a day, used it to crash while on a business trip, the rooms a relatively small but nice and clean, just perfect for those who do now want to spend a lot of time in the hotel, the room has many useful facilities. The location is fantastic, in the heart of the new Dubai, anywhere is like 10 min away.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the main road view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Th_Management_Team, Manager at Ibis Al Barsha, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us.

We are glad that you found our hotel convenient and of good value. Rest assured, we will communicate your message to our team members who have contributed to your satisfaction.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,