I was put up in this hotel by my company for a month. For a cheap budget hotel it may be alright for some but I won't personally stay here again and if I can influence my new company I will not recommend that they put future staff here. My reasons are:-
1. The room constantly has a hint of sewage smell coming through the vents, some days it is stronger than others and mainly comes from the bathroom. I have asked reception staff to tell the cleaners to keep the bathroom door shut when they finish but every time I return to my room in the evening the door is open and the sewage smell fills the bedroom. Not nice.
2. The choice of television is limited and reception is poor.
3. The internet is painfully slow although on some days it is ok. I even managed to watch the British Grand Prix on my iPad uninterrupted but this was an exception.
4. I was here during the World Cup and the hotel put the football on in the bar. However as a non smoker I could not sit in the bar as the cigarette smoke was just too much, it made me heave. So the hotel does not cater for non smokers. Again I tried raising this with staff but all I got back was this is the rule during Ramadan!!
5. Cleaning staff kept forgetting to replace towels. Didn't affect me too much as there were always two towels but if a couple were to use the room this would be an irritation.
6. On a couple of occasions I had to go and ask for water for my room as the bottles were not replaced by the cleaning staff.
7. The fire alarm panel is showing faults on the system. When I asked reception staff what the problem was they did not know and never made any effort to find out. I asked if I would be ok sleeping. They said oh yes you will be fine!
8. The hotel contravenes other fire regulations such as wedging open the fire doors at the lift lobby and placing vending machines in exit routes. Obviously no risk assessment by their head office.
There are other things that I could mention but that should give readers a flavour of what to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis Al Barsha Hotel Dubai, conveniently located along Sheikh Zayed Road within the business, shopping and entertainment areas of Dubai's new city centre, minutes from Sharaf DG Metro Station and Mall of the Emirates. Easily accessible from Dubai International Airport, Dubai Media City, Dubai Internet City, Dubai Knowledge Village and the Jebel Ali Free Zone, the hotel has everything you need for a pleasant stay including Free WIFI in the entire property, vending machines on each floor, 4 Food & Beverage outlets and mini fridge in all rooms. We have recently added tea and coffee amenities in the comfort of your room. Ibis Al Barsha is an ideal choice for leisure and business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ibis Al Barsha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Al Barsha Hotel Dubai