“Definitely not 4*!!!”
Review of Montreal Hotel

Montreal Hotel
Ranked #444 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was for sure not a 4* hotel. Reception were quick, but no customer service skills. Don't expect service with a smile. They have a mini desk near reception with information for tourist attractions etc, but could barely help us out, and was only interested if selling their own packages etc.

There is a dodgey club downstairs only for drunk men- avoid! Breakfast is extremely basic, and i even got a fly in my fruit!!

Rooms are basic, and the bathroom could do with some updating. We has to ring down in the middle of the night as loud music was coming from the room next to us. The room was a non-smoking room, yet it reeked of smoke, all the curtains and bedsheets smelt of stale smoke. It was horrible. Rooms were cleaned daily.

The location isnt great- it is out the of centre so to get to anywhere you will have to pay for cabs. Metro is about a 20 minute walk but my mum has health problems so walking there was a bit difficult. We definately felt out of place. The hotel is in a local's area and there were only men on the streets, so as a woman, felt really out of place. Outside the hotel we were approached by some locals trying to sell us dodgey phones.

The only good thing was next door there is a cheap supermarket if you wanted to buy snacks etc.

Couldn't wait to leave the hotel to be honest, felt it ruined my trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank GitaB06

Reviewed 3 April 2014

we (me and my wife) were there on march 20 for three night. as a 4 star hotel, there are not suitable facilities according to the number of stars. specially the behaviour of staffs. it seems they were not made for hosting. for example, at a lunch hour, when every table occupied, some servants, without any permission, starts to moving the guests between the tables to sit every guests in a very small restaurant. it could be more polite if they asked the people who sit and have their half eaten meals and then do that.
the food was not as I expected. but the room was good and clean. everything in room was acceptable. finally I was not satisfied for the out room services.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mehdi4949
Reviewed 21 February 2014

A value added to this hotel, not realy excellent but better with the small they provide , service is prompt and accurate. check in better , a coffee shop next t o reception,, my check in was 5-10min.
i had a beautiful relaxation but my room was too small the furniture was just too clusty and fully arrange. not spacious at all.
hope next stay will be better.

Room Tip: high floor rooms are better. choose a spacious room always
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night. The experience was good, no problems with checking in, the hotel provides a simple but decent breakfast. I believe that it has excellent value for money. The location is good, public transport just outside the main door. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sangi11
Faady, General Manager at Montreal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Hello Sangi11,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, and we will try in future to improve our services. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Sami Kriaa | General Manager

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for three nights, as I booked in a last moment. The hotel is very simple and you get what you pay. Reception is not as polite as you wanted, however still attentive and helpful. This hotel basically for Saudi and Oman + Pakistani.
They have got three suspicious night clubs( you now what I mean).
Metro station is a bit far. Around you got nothing to do.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alijan1987
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Staff in this hotel is extremely unfriendly, even the manager on duty, the Mod!
Well my girlfriend's visa is on renew process, she have only passport copy, when we check in this hotel, the staff in reception refused me at very poor attitude. he told me this is according to Dubai government policy. The staff told me we can check in only if we pay extra 100 Dhs, but i refused! policy is policy! so i called police!
when the police came, there also came a local people, PRO maybe, finally the policeman asked me to book another hotel, the Mod, FAROOQ HALYRA smile at me as a fool, another night duty manager told me that policeman always advise guests to choose another hotel, they will never make trouble for their hotel!
Save your money and go somewhere else!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Field t
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed 7 night in this Hotel. The room was clean, food was good, but staffs were not very responder, some staff in reception were not friendly.
I'd like this hotel cause it was near to Bus Stop and Union Metro Station. it was a strategic place for transfer.
very small pool.