We decided to stay in the one and only in dubai, because we had such an amazing experience from the one in the maldives. The actual rooms and service in the hotel was a pleasant one breakfast was good the rooms were very nice close to the beach and pool. The one BIG negative of this stay was my spa experience and the way we were treated. I decided to have a pregnancy massage (which i would not recommend) and after a moisturising mask was put on my body, i felt a stinging sensation which i did vocalise to the therapist who said its normal. After the treatment my skin was burning i went straight to my room for a cold shower, and a couple of hours later i was left with a rash all over my body. I thought this would subside by the next day but it did not, so i rang the spa who sent up the spa manger and therapist to my room to see my skin which was visibly red and had a lumpy rash- i had an allergic reaction to the treatment. The spa manager came up after 3 hours even though she had said she's coming up within the next 15 minutes, and gave me a look over and said its not from the spa and she cant do anything. I was very disappointed in the service received from a 5* hotel such as the One and Only. Very angry and disappointed in the lack of empathy given by the staff i said i wanted to speak to the manager, who took another hour to see us in the reception, not in the room. The manager just like the spa manager was rude and said nobody has had a problem with this treatment, bewildering me as i had blatantly had an allergic reaction and nobody even seemed to care, and as a fact not everybody experiences allergies its a random thing which happens. He seemed to ignore everything we were saying not even saying the word "sorry for the inconvenience we will look into the treatment" was offered just a cold reply. I am EXTREMELY disappointed and even though we regularly go to the maldives one and only reethi rah we will NEVER return to this brand of hotel, never have i been treated like this at any of the 5 and 7 star hotels me and my husband have stayed in. Would not recommend because of poor management and customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence & Spa is an intimate sanctuary for those who wish to indulge in the comforts of prosperity with its own private reception and Dining Room and Library exclusive to guests staying in any of the 48 rooms and suites or the free-standing beachfront Garden Villa.The Arabian-styled private residences, each cared for by a specifically-selected, dedicated team, house a retreat of 1 Garden Villa, 16 Suites and 32 Prestige Rooms. Spacious and created with the finest detailing, all are sea facing with private balcony or terrace, and the elegant Garden Villa also provides a luxurious and ornate environment within the most exclusive part of the resort.Within the elegant courtyard entrance of Residence & Spa, guests will find the Health and Beauty Institute, an oasis of relaxation featuring the One&Only Spa, Oriental Hammam, the Pedi:Mani:Cure Studio by Bastien Gonzalez and hair salon by Alexandre Zouari. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence&Spa At One And Only Royal Mirage Dubai
- Residence&Spa At One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai Hotel Dubai
- Residence Hotel Dubai
- Residence Resort Dubai