“Fantastic....”

Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai
Ranked #1 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our third visit to this Hotel and it was truly amazing! The welcome from all staff is fantastic and the food and service are second to none! The rooms are beautifully decorated. Afternoon tea is exquisite. The whole experience is just so relaxing! The Management and staff are so courteous and make you feel so special! We stayed for 8 nights and will definitely be back next year!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 24, which is one of the prestige rooms and it was beautiful!
3  Thank Linda M
OORoyalMirage, Manager at Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience, and indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.

We value your comments and suggestions which are shared with all and look forward to your return visit in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Its no wonder that you see the same people here again and again. The Residence and Spa is a wonderful, private, homely hotel that caters for your every whim.

On returning to the Residence and Spa, all of the staff make themselves known to you and greet you like family, asking how you are and how your travel arrangements were. The staff from reception, The Library, The Dinning room, House keeping, Pool boys and the management are so friendly and really do make you feel at home.

We have been here a number of times and will certainly be back. it was my wife's birthday and the staff went that extra mile ensuring that everyone knew and they made her a cake, gave her flowers and made her day especially 'special'.

We spent a lot of our time at the pool and the beach. All of the attendants, Xavier, Sonu, Ken, Laskan, Satpal and Chunaka ensured that you were always kept cool with cold hand towels to regular galsses of iced water (definetly needed in 40+ heat) fruit and sorbet. The pool is just for residents and if anyone tries to settle down they are kindly and politely moved on. the beach is wonderful late afternoon after the afternoon tea as there is a little breeze.

The afternoon tea is a delight, and everyone should make sure they don't miss this. I am not a cake lover but the sandwiches and scones are wonderful with Theo, Renil and Nibula looking after you.

The rooms are second to none, being very spacious and always immaculate. The housekeeping team do a fantastic job, and you never see them, we think they have a hidden talent of knowing when the room is empty. Towels and all toiletries are always replenished and the turn down service is great. If you ever need anything, they are always on hand.

We ate in The Dining room and both the service and food was exceptional, with Dinesh, Makboul, Sritha and Stanly being very helpful explaining anything on the menu. Breakfast has a good choice and you are able to mix and match what you want. We also dined at Eauzone, 101 and Celebrities, all restaurants give you a different experience, but all are of the highest standard both in service and food.

The management are always on hand and will always spend time to speak to you to ensure everything is satisfactory (this hotel is exceptional and never satisfactory), our friend Shalumon has rightly had a promotion and will be moving to cover both Abarian Court and the Residence and Ramput who we spoke a lot to explained what The Residence & Spa were trying to achieve.

I can assure Ramput and the rest of the team at The Residence & Spa, you are achieving the standards you are trying for if not surpassing them.

If you are considering going to this Hotel, I would recommend it very very highly.

Thank you all very much from both myself and Max.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
2  Thank andymax7575
OORoyalMirage, Manager at Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for sharing so much details of your recent stay at the Residence & Spa.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

my experience at the residence & spa at one & only royal mirage was fantastic. i felt like i was at home. they welcomed us, my family, with a warm welcome. the pool is amazing even the beach. i liked the spa their. they have a variety of stuff like massages and baths.

Room Tip: i recommend a suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Osha L

Dear Osha

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Yest another amazing stay at the Residence and Spa, the service must rate among the best available at any hotel, the staff attention to detail and their effort to make your stay as comfortable as possible, is exemplary. The hotel has the feel of intimate country house with beautifully decorated rooms. Our 15 year old daughter joined us on this trip, she felt very comfortable in the hotel and enjoyed every aspect of the hotel - the Only place to stay in Dubai, already booked a return trip in August.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Residence and Spa is a truly wonderful hotel. Everything about it, from the staff, décor, gardens, pool, food.... it is all faultless. We stayed in a Prestige room, very large and very comfortable. The room has a large bathroom, containing a separate shower and toilet. The bath is huge. Great for a long soak. Large TV, and comfortable bed - I don't think I have ever slept so well away from home. There is plenty of storage in the room and a walk in wardrobe area. The room was refreshed several times each day, with lots of lovely fluffy towels, and Molton Brown toiletries . The nightly turn down service is a lovely touch of luxury, where tiny cakes and water are left in the room.
Food is exceptional, on every level, and the afternoon tea in the Library is delightful.
There are peacocks walking round the gardens, as well as lots of other wildlife to watch
The pool is lovely, never crowded, with staff bringing cool towels, cold water and fruit to guests.
I will definitely be booking this hotel when I next go to Dubai. It is perfect.

Room Tip: Room 40 was at the end of the corridor, very peaceful
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank purpledonmar

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Amazing experience - You are in the city - but feel like you are at a beach resort - In fact you are BOTH.
Staff - very good service, Rooms - amazing - very relaxing.
Beautiful beach and pool. Set in amazing grounds, Great selection of restaurants.
Gym - ok - needs a little improvement.
Every details looked after.

1  Thank Blackjke
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Through the gently incense-scented corridors, over the stone floors scattered with Persian rugs, and past the Arabian lanterns.

Surely I’m in a palace, not a hotel?

The One & Only Royal Mirage resort is outstanding and the 48 room Residence & Spa section is its piece de résistance. I slept in a one bedroom executive suite which was spacious and comfortable, with bright fabrics and a thoughtful layout. The bathroom had a mosaic tiled shower and large sized Molton Brown toiletries and there was a separate toilet. The suite also had a roomy balcony with views of the hotel gardens and the Arabian Gulf.

I found the hotel stunning and loved the Arabian design. As I settled in, I felt at home immediately – if my home was a beautiful palace. I needed a lot of assistance from the dedicated team assigned to each Residence and Spa guest and they were unfailing in their support and kindness. I had a broken foot and was using a wheelchair for most of my stay and I would call for assistance and somebody would be there, with a smile, almost immediately. 'My' team were fantastic, coming to me at regular intervals in my room, by the pool or wherever I happened to be, with ice packs for my foot. Certainly no sheikha in her palace has had more attentive service.

The beautifully kept gardens have decorative pools with trickling fountains and lead to a 1km long private beach so I took the chance to do some kayaking. The staff of the water sports centre physically supported me to walk across the sand then stood on the shoreline watching my progress as I paddled away from them.

Although the complete resort is large, the Residence and Spa section feels intimate and has a private pool for use only by R&S guests.

The Residence & Spa also has private restaurants but I had dinner at the Celebrities restaurant instead had good service and very good food. Breakfast was also of a high standard, I ordered off the menu and it was cooked to order.

What made the hotel so special for me was the care I received from the staff when I really needed it. And the beautiful design. In a city packed with luxury hotels the Residence & Spa is something special. It’s not a faceless hotel that could be just anywhere in the world; I was in Arabia and I knew it. I loved that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Kali737

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for sharing all the details of your recent experience. We are indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.