“The one and only”

Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai
Ranked #1 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 17 August 2014

It's been a number of years since I stayed in the Royal Mirage, the drive from the airport has changed dramatically very fast and busy highway and then you enter the grounds of the O@O you feel at home driving slowly through the grounds to your check in. This done in style by one of the staff whilst you sit relaxed on giant sofas with a welcome during and cold fresh towels.
Shown to your room which is sheer luxury.
A very wide selection of food product in all the restaurants and room service.
Staff are all exceptionally well trained and courteous. The hotel is always in immaculate condition.

Room Tip: If you have children request a ground floor room if possible
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob F
OORoyalMirage, Manager at Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Bob,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Residence & Spa, and indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.

We value your comments which are shared with all and look forward to your return visit in a not too distant future.

One&Only Royal Mirage, Dubai

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is a perfect hotel for total relaxation, if you are looking for 1st class service and food, the place to be is the residence
No entertainment.
No hassle
Not many kids, the ones we saw in the pool were asked not to shout, so not ideal for kids.
Just a tranquil, peaceful location.
Heaven...............

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee D

Dear Lee,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Residence & Spa, and indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.

We value your comments, which are indeed shared with all and look forward to your return visit in a not too distant future.

One&Only Royal Mirage, Dubai

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I visited the hammam at the royal mirage for a rose ritual treatment. The staff and setting here were amazing....professional and put me at ease having never been in a hammam spa area before. It was so relaxing that I dozed off afterwards...sheer indulgance wish I had time to go again.
Thank you to all the staff at the hammam....an exquisite treat for me.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Oriental Hammam of our Health & Beauty Institute, and indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have been here many times - infact written a couple of reviews but they are now a few years old.
Decided to return for a few days as I had a week spare in my diary and a Christmas present from my Father to use.
It was like returning home - yes all the staff had changed since my last visit c5 years ago but from the moment I arrvied, I was warmly greeted back to The Residence & it felt like home.
The hotel on the most part had not changed (see my previous reviews) but in a few places I spotted updates eg: New bedding (love the new lime colours), new light fittings in the bedroom and bathroom, new sun beds by the pool (extremely comforatble and again love the colour) new baby" palm" trees around the perfectly chilled pool (apparantly the old ones were getting too big so were simply replaced). All these updates were very sympathetic to the feel of this Manor House in Dubai (well except the much mourned loss of complimentary morning tea delivery to rooms (bad cost cutting error here I think)
The hotel was at 100% occupancy but it didnt feel full most of the time. Yes one large party from The Palace managed to book The Dining Room one night and yes they were loud and spoiled the evening with their behaviour but the management recognised this and made a committment that "it wouldnt be allowed to happen again" - owning up to then learning from mistakes gets heaps of respect from me.
I would like to mention a few that made my stay so very special but as I didnt get prior approval to use their names I wont - except to say the 2 managers from The Dining Room (from Kerela) were everything I would expect from managers of one of the finest F&B establishments in Dubai and a true asset to One and Only - I have filled out the One and Only review Emailed to me and hope they will receive the commendation they deserve.
The only question that I left with unanswered is why had I left it so long in returning ? A mistake I wont make again as my Family want a visit out there in Winter/Spring 2015.
Thanks Father for a great Christmas present - it was the best !!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank sussexfella

Dear Guest,

We value your comments and suggestions which are shared with all and look forward to your return visit in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was our third visit to this Hotel and it was truly amazing! The welcome from all staff is fantastic and the food and service are second to none! The rooms are beautifully decorated. Afternoon tea is exquisite. The whole experience is just so relaxing! The Management and staff are so courteous and make you feel so special! We stayed for 8 nights and will definitely be back next year!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 24, which is one of the prestige rooms and it was beautiful!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda M
OORoyalMirage, Manager at Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience, and indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Its no wonder that you see the same people here again and again. The Residence and Spa is a wonderful, private, homely hotel that caters for your every whim.

On returning to the Residence and Spa, all of the staff make themselves known to you and greet you like family, asking how you are and how your travel arrangements were. The staff from reception, The Library, The Dinning room, House keeping, Pool boys and the management are so friendly and really do make you feel at home.

We have been here a number of times and will certainly be back. it was my wife's birthday and the staff went that extra mile ensuring that everyone knew and they made her a cake, gave her flowers and made her day especially 'special'.

We spent a lot of our time at the pool and the beach. All of the attendants, Xavier, Sonu, Ken, Laskan, Satpal and Chunaka ensured that you were always kept cool with cold hand towels to regular galsses of iced water (definetly needed in 40+ heat) fruit and sorbet. The pool is just for residents and if anyone tries to settle down they are kindly and politely moved on. the beach is wonderful late afternoon after the afternoon tea as there is a little breeze.

The afternoon tea is a delight, and everyone should make sure they don't miss this. I am not a cake lover but the sandwiches and scones are wonderful with Theo, Renil and Nibula looking after you.

The rooms are second to none, being very spacious and always immaculate. The housekeeping team do a fantastic job, and you never see them, we think they have a hidden talent of knowing when the room is empty. Towels and all toiletries are always replenished and the turn down service is great. If you ever need anything, they are always on hand.

We ate in The Dining room and both the service and food was exceptional, with Dinesh, Makboul, Sritha and Stanly being very helpful explaining anything on the menu. Breakfast has a good choice and you are able to mix and match what you want. We also dined at Eauzone, 101 and Celebrities, all restaurants give you a different experience, but all are of the highest standard both in service and food.

The management are always on hand and will always spend time to speak to you to ensure everything is satisfactory (this hotel is exceptional and never satisfactory), our friend Shalumon has rightly had a promotion and will be moving to cover both Abarian Court and the Residence and Ramput who we spoke a lot to explained what The Residence & Spa were trying to achieve.

I can assure Ramput and the rest of the team at The Residence & Spa, you are achieving the standards you are trying for if not surpassing them.

If you are considering going to this Hotel, I would recommend it very very highly.

Thank you all very much from both myself and Max.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andymax7575
OORoyalMirage, Manager at Residence & Spa at One&Only Royal Mirage Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for sharing so much details of your recent stay at the Residence & Spa.

We are indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

my experience at the residence & spa at one & only royal mirage was fantastic. i felt like i was at home. they welcomed us, my family, with a warm welcome. the pool is amazing even the beach. i liked the spa their. they have a variety of stuff like massages and baths.

Room Tip: i recommend a suite.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family