“Pure Luxury”

Ranked #11 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
england
“Pure Luxury”
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We stayed here for 4 days as part of our honeymoon - wow. It was incredible. They made our room look beatiful with rose petals, gifts and flowers and also gave us complimentary half board. The hotel is so clean and truely in style with it's arabian name. The food is good, especially in Eau restaurant but it is pricey so go half board if you can.

It was very hot when we were there - 43 degrees and as it was ramadam you couldn't eat or drink outsde the hotel which did make it difficult. The staff at teh hotel went out there way to help, especially Kingsley at teh front desk. It's a large hotel but you hardly saw anyone in there except roudn eth pool to dry off. We woudl definitely recommend this hotel and even the chain especially if you're honeymooners as they do ensure a special stay.

2 Thank zoezew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Stayed in August. Room ready very early. Private check in and lovely spacious room. Flowers and gift for our wedding anniversary.

Half board option excellent - choice of lots of restaurants. Allowance can be used for fod not drinks - water very expensive and several restaurants automatically give you more expensive bottles!

Pool and beach service excellent. We are looking to return in October as excellent vfm in Summer - however prices are much higher.

We moved to Movenpick afterwards and spent every day wanting to return to O&O.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank TKJBas
Melbourne
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We have just returned from a 3 week vacation in the Maldives with a 4 night stopover in Dubai staying at the One & Only Royal Mirage, Arabian Court.

The resort is stunning - it truly is an oasis in the middle of the dessert. The pool area is wonderful and the pool is an inviting 28 degrees and believe me, that is very refreshing when it is 45 degrees celcius every day!

When choosing where to stay in Dubai, we wanted to find not only a 5 Star resort but a resort that had traditional architecture and furnishings and the One & Only truly provided this. The resort complex is clean, elegant and definitely 5 star.

We had a half board package which included breakfast and dinner at the Rotisserie or Ninas. The buffet at the Rotisserie was exquisite with a mixture of traditional, western and european food. The food and ambience at Ninas was fantastic - highly recommend.

Breakfast was also a 5 Star experience with a huge variety of food - from eggs, salads, cereals, curries, traditional food and pastries.

Our room carried on the traditional architecture theme and was warm and inviting.

The whole resort (grounds, rooms, pool, restaurants) is well-maintained and everything looks and feels brand new.

The service was impeccable from check in, to restaurants to the concierge desk.

A car is provided to take guests from the Arabian Court to either the Spa Residence or Palace and guests may dine in any restaurant within the One & Only complex.

There is also a complimentary bus shuttle that takes you to the 3 main shopping complexes in Dubai. We visited the Dubai Mall and the Emirates Mall.

We had a wonderful stay at the One & Only Royal Mirage and will definitely fly Emirates on our next overseas trip just so we can return to Dubai and the One & Only.

2 Thank TIM_and_VIKKI
London, UK
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I chose the hotel mainly on the strength of TA reviews and was not for one second dissapointed. On arrival at the Arabian Court, you are made to feel very special. The staff can not do enough for you. Ice bucket at my request waiting in the room for me was the first of many little touches which made for a great stay.

The hotel itself is a refreshing change from hotels such a Jumeriah beach / Burj al Arab. It is small, intimate and extremely romantic. Darkened corridors perfectly lit, candles, great external lighting made the whole stay with my partner very romantic. I was on half board package so included breakfast, 3 restaurant choices: - Olives (palace), Rotisserie (Arabian Court) and Celebrities, for me Olives was the nicest layout and better food options. Dinner I think there are 12 choices. If you want free, you can eat at the Rotisserie and Olives on a buffer format (good, but not great - typical buffet) - or some of the restaurants have a half board set menu which is also included in the price. If ordering a la carte you get 145dhms credit in any restaurant on food. We ate at Eau Zone (wonderful food, great setting by the pool and beach), Beach Bar and Grill (again lovely setting, food awesome) and tried the buffet at Rotisserie when late back one night (good). After dinner bars were good. Roof top bar was stunning in Arabian court, but Palace has the clubs and found a terrace to havea shisha pipe which was excellent. As I am sure you would expect, drinks in the hotel are expensive (£7 beers, similar for wine, £9 cocktails). I stopped at Duty free Dubai airport for a bottle of champagne, bottle of vodka and 500ml bottles of soft drinks (2dhms / 40p each) and noone said anything to me. We drank each night as we got ready on the balcony, in the room etc for the cost of one round in the bars / room service / mini bar.

The pool areas at Palace and Arabian court were lovely, spot on. The water chilled to the perfect temperature, staff coming round frequently with iced water and fresh fruit cocktails. I did read about sun-glass cleaners but never saw this myself. The beach was excellent, white sand, plenty of sun beds and the warmest water I have ever experienced. Only negative is the building of the Palm, means you cannoty simply look out to sea as you see the building works in the distance, shame when it came to sunset but didn't spoli the moment too much. The palm did however mean that the water is very still for the hotel and the Palm takes away waves etc, was good actually as when we visited the Burj it looked vbery choppy and waves were hitting the beach a lot harder. Water looked clean to me aswell unlike some reviews.

In dubai, the best thing we did was Ski Dubai - second visit here, loved it again. Also went to Aquaventure (Atlantis hotel) - for me not as good as Wild Wadi which I visited 5 years ago. Was really annoyed as spent an extra 100dhms (£20pp) to see the Lost Chambers thinking the whale shark was still here - it wasn't and the rest was simply an average acquarium...avoid. Second highlight was afternoon tea at the Burj al Arab - 395 dhms (£70ish) in the Sky Bar. A lot of money, but a real experience. A tea menu like I had never seen, fresh fruit, endless sandwiches and cakes, scones and jam, a glass of Louis Roderer champagne and more. Best service I have ever seen (not far better than One and Only though)

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We were recommended to go here from our friends. We have travelled a lot and stayed in some great hotels. However, The One and Only was just a wonderful experience. The food is first class, our room was lovely and was attended to nearly every time we left our room. We train every day and the gym has good Techno Gym equipment and a attentive trainer. The adult only areas are lovely. I cannot say ebough about this resort. We are going back in August for 2 weeks, We booked as off peak as we could, with a free half board upgrade. We booked through Best at Travel. I always wonder what people pay.... our trip was a joy and worth every penny. Call Geshan on Best at Travel.. You will be treated as prince and princess. Go and enjoy.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2010

We were moved here from the Palace (see my other review).

It is a beautiful hotel with lovely bars, restuarants and overall feel. The Royal Mirage is not small, but the Arabian Court felt intimate.

Stayed in 2 rooms with our 11 & 4 year old children. The HB plan worked well and allowed us to try all the restuarants in the resort with a credit. Nina's was excellent and eau zone was very good. The Roof Top Bar was Uber Cool - Excellent feel and Music thanks to the DJ - David.

Would go back, but One & Only have put me off from our initial engagement. We also went to the Atlantis and The Madinat. The O&O is streets ahead if you value luxury and space - we like to have sunbeds that don't touch anybody elses.

The only issue was that they were over chilling the pool! Refreshing I can handle, but it was freezing.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Wg284
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I went back to this hotel after 3 years. I was shocked to find a multi storey car park built next to the hotel with a monorail running through it. The view from the swimming pool is a large tall rise building which had 'offices to let' in big white writing.

I was disappointed to see the changes in this hotel after three years. The service for this star hotel was poor. The food was limiting. Drinks are very expensive, about £10+ for beer, spirits and wine and £25 for a sandwich. My advice is go on half board basis!

I paid alot of money to stay here for a week and i didn't get value for money. Dubai has changed since I was there last year. The whole place is over priced. I would not stay at this hotel again as the service is very poor and standards have dropped. If you sit outside for any meal, be warned as the tables are not clean after a night fall of sand storms.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple