My week long stay at this hotel did not start well. They tried to hold my passport. I pointed out that there was no legal requirement for this and that mine was a fully prepaid booking; no danger of running away without paying. So I got it back.
I was given an inside suite a couple of levels above the pool. The pool noise (children) comes up the open void and can be disturbing.
The room was not cleaned on the first full day. No problems, I did have the do not disturb sign up for a couple of hours during the middle of the day, maybe they overlooked coming back. As I was to learn quickly the real reason was I had the sign up again later from 6:30pm. I returned to the room after work next day at 5:30pm to find it had not been cleaned. I called housekeeping and asked for two towels. The lady wanted me to hang up and call '5'. I pointed out I had pressed the Housekeeping button and was talking to her. I insisted she arrange the towels. They took 90 minutes to arrive.
Next day housekeeping did not arrive until 7:30pm. The following day 7:00pm, they did not leave a bathmat. The next day they arrived at 8:10pm, I sent them away after taking two towels. They had been in the room earlier since there were clean folded sheets on the bedroom dresser. These stayed there for the next three days for some reason. The next two days were 6:30pm and 7:15pm.
On no day during the week were the floors cleaned. It was on the fourth evening at the start of showering I noticed my feet created quite a bit of blackish water on the shower floor suggesting the suite floors were not clean. So I decided to test the cleaniness of the suite and document the results. You can see the outcomes in the photos. It was dirty. At least I didn't sight any vermin or signs of their presence. Perhaps even Dubai cockroaches have standards.
On the second day I encountered a dry stained cloth placemat at breakfast. In fact it was more than stained, one area was crusty, the spoon was sitting on it. I regetted later not taking a photo of it but on the last morning I encountered another dirty placemat. Refer photo. Not all of the cloth placemats were dirty, most were clean, spotless even. And the crockery and cutlery were clean. My mood wasn't that improved by the fact I didn't like the breakfast selection on any day.
Finally, safety. Check out the photos of the fire stairs. I missed the day there were two rubbish bags and the plastic container of crockery.
This place is a dump. Avoid it.
If there is anything good to come of my stay is that my inspection efforts probably resulted in the suite being cleaner when I left than how I found it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel apartments has one hundred and fifty spacious and well-appointed one and two bedroom deluxe apartments, located in the commercial district of Deira, opposite to the Deira main Metro Station and 200 meters away from Al Deira City Center, it is just 3 kms from the Dubai International airport.With meeting & banqueting facilities that can accommodate up to 300 guests, Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel Apartments will be the ideal venue for all your corporate or private events, here you can choose from a range of restaurants to suit every palate, make use of a modern fitness center, and temperature controlled swimming pool.At Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel Apartments, there is something for every discerning business and leisure traveler; the hotel can arrange airport transfers on arrival, on your request.All apartments are fitted with 42 inch LCD TV, refrigerators, electric stove, oven- microwave and electronic, safety lockers to provide you the most comfortable stay while in Dubai.Our well-trained and friendly staff will help with you other facilities, such as laundry, round the clock room service, hi-speed internet in all rooms and public areas, and on call medical service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel Apartments Dubai
- Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel Apartments And Spa