Stayed here for 2 nights on our travels from Australia to Ireland,myself husband and 3 year old son and 10 week old daughter.As we were doing a big trip we thought we would stop off on the way and stay in a hotel to break it up,the plan was to lazy by the pool and just order room service as with such young children didnt fancy sightseeing,that was a trip to do on our own.This was recommened to us as there were 4 of us,on paper.Got there and the reception area was ok,staff werent overly friendly,then headed to our room.From the time we stepped into the lift the place changed,it was all very dark and dated interior,the appartment was too big and again old style,smelled like the last person that stayed there smoked,and the curtains were all stained,general housekeeping was not good,probably appeared worse due to the worn furniture.As for the lazy time by the pool.didnt happen,there was no way i was trusting that water in the pool with the kids.So we ended up waking very early on the first day and headed for one of the closest shopping centres and stayed there for a good while and ate there too,that was a positive thing about the location the metro was 2 minutes away from it. This place would be good for a single person or couple planning on just do full on tourist things,and using it as a base for sleeping.Sorry I couldnt give a better review but I was really disappointed,had been looking forward to going there and after looking on the website was happy our choice,then when we arrived wanted to leave,we even contemplated booking in somewhere else for the night but just stuck with it.We never complained at the time of our stay as I didnt feel comfortable saying anything to the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel apartments has one hundred and fifty spacious and well-appointed one and two bedroom deluxe apartments, located in the commercial district of Deira, opposite to the Deira main Metro Station and 200 meters away from Al Deira City Center, it is just 3 kms from the Dubai International airport.With meeting & banqueting facilities that can accommodate up to 300 guests, Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel Apartments will be the ideal venue for all your corporate or private events, here you can choose from a range of restaurants to suit every palate, make use of a modern fitness center, and temperature controlled swimming pool.At Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel Apartments, there is something for every discerning business and leisure traveler; the hotel can arrange airport transfers on arrival, on your request.All apartments are fitted with 42 inch LCD TV, refrigerators, electric stove, oven- microwave and electronic, safety lockers to provide you the most comfortable stay while in Dubai.Our well-trained and friendly staff will help with you other facilities, such as laundry, round the clock room service, hi-speed internet in all rooms and public areas, and on call medical service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel Apartments Dubai
- Lotus Downtown Metro Hotel Apartments And Spa