See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I along with two of my colleagues stayed in this property last week for three nights in a three bedroom apartment in spite of reading many negative comments in Trip Advisor. Most of the negative comments proved to be true during our stay in Grand Midwest. While check in we were informed that there is some plumbing work going on in one of the toilets of our room and it would be completed in an hour’s time. They offered another room during that period. Since its matter of an hour and to avoid the burden of changing rooms afterwards, we decided to check in to the same room reserved for us. However, the work was not only completed and they locked the bathroom for completion next day morning, but no one bothered to attend to it later on and it remained locked until the day we checked out.

Front room TV had a problem which appears to be due to the old age of the equipment. We complained two times but again no one bothered to attend to it.

While the kitchen had basic utensils, coffee or tea powders were not provided as it was chargeable unlike free in similar or other better properties in Dubai. For breakfast hardly there was any choice of food or service available.

This property seriously requires a face-lift for its rooms and service levels to match with plenty of better properties available around this place. Not recommended at this level.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Prasad P
Reviewed 29 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

A ☆☆☆☆ star hotel???.... it is absolutely shameful, a joke and absurd for this place to put itself in this kind of rating. Literally 15 minutes after checking in, my friends, my husband and I checked out, without having no second thoughts, and despite being extremely tired from from our long trip...we all checked out. If you are looking for a ☆ star hotel, for which you don't mind the dirty linens of the bed, the moldy shower tub, moldy shower curtain, one towel for two...which was dirty on top of it!!... you then have found the right place. But if you are looking to spend a good night rest in a room with just the basics and with at least good hygiene please "DON'T BOOK IT"

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank JOY E
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I spent five days in this hotel in April 2014. My experience was very disappointing. My travel agent had arranged for a hotel car pick up at the airport. No car appeared and the hotel refused to send a car when I called. I asked for a car the next day for the following day. No car again. I asked for a wake up call twice. No call. I tried to use a credit card that had worked several times before at the hotel. The hotel restaurant refused the card. I took the same card to reception and the card worked. I went back to the restaurant and the card was refused again. The room was prepaid but the last night I got several calls from the front desk telling me that I would have to pay a second time. The hotel staff refused to check with the reservation company to confirm payment although I had made sure to confirm payment on the day that I checked in. As with the credit card, when I checked the payment had been made. Once again the problem was at the hotel not with me or with the credit card company or with the reservation company. By the time I left this hotel I was so nervous and upset that my trip was ruined.

Room Tip: The one upside to this hotel is that some rooms have washing machines in the room. Try for one of those rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Intrepid_So_Traveler
Reviewed 15 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces