All reviewshotel apartmentwashing machinestovegymwasherconvenience
Reviewed 9 January 2015

Before I make my review, I want to state that I am rating it 3 points out of 5 based on my extensive experience with other hotels and solely for the aspects presented below and in report to the hotel's category and price range.

Additional taxes: besides the standard price presented on booking sites, you have to pay around 20% extra for some tourist charges + 20AED per each night. At least the 20% apply to any hotel in UAE - some may include it in the price from the very beginning, I am making you aware of it.

Location: in order to find it, use GPS coordinates N 25.255127 E 55.301356 . I used the Navigator app for Android and it found the address without problems. There is a Carrefour supermarket close by - I encourage you to do the shopping there. Proximity to metro or bus stations is irrelevant because best way to get around is by car (taxi or rental - I used the latter).
Parking available on site, free of charge.

Reception: Ok, they were speaking English, solved promptly any problem reported.

Room facilities: the cooking facilities in our room consisted of toaster, water heater, mini fridge, cutlery and dishes for 2 persons, microwave oven. CRT TV with a bad or average reception, ironing board + iron, enough space in the closets and drawers, but only 4 hangers. Few 3-legged sockets available. Safe box - if locked ask the reception to open it.

Balcony: locked by default. you need to ask the reception to open it for you and sign a paper for that (which is in fact a sort of disclaimer / legal protection in case you jump).

Breakfast: costs 35aed per person. You pay in the restaurant. It offers 3 types of fruit juice + water and coffee (perhaps tea also). Cereals, pastry, bread, jam, butter, omelette, sausages, spicy rice, pancakes.

Internet connection: very bad, although the wi-fi router was right outside our door. The internet voucher issued for a week, expired in 2 days...

TV: a selection of mostly Arabic channels, but some of them with good (recent) movies in English - like Dubai One. Reception was bad sometimes. CRT TV, not flat.

AC available, but only for cooling. Although the AC was stopped I could constantly feel a breeze coming from the ventilation, right above the bed.

Bathroom: ok, all standard toiletries offered: shower gel, shampoo, body lotion, a comb :) (funny to me since I shave my head). In the first day, the hand and face towels and also the feet towel for getting out of the tub were missing.

Bed: king size, comfy.

Pool: I understood there is a pool available, but did not use it.

Room Tip: All the descriptions in my review refer to room 413. From what I've seen in other travelers'pics some rooms also have a cooking stove (this one doesn't).
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KissTheRottweiller
Reviewed 11 December 2014

Very convenient location, in center of the city. Very close to main market, metro station, Mall and restaurants. Clean, spacious rooms. Staff is friendly and active.
Good for families, couple and sole travelers. Prices are fair too. Internet is free in lobby & parking is free.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2014

loved our stay. away from the hustle and bustle. rooms were equipped with air con, a kitchen with all the appliances. we had a two bedroom apartment and two bathrooms. only downfall was that there was no wifi and the tvs were not working properly. a shop opposite had everything you need from drinks to fruit and veg. all the attractions were close enough by taxi and was cheap too. very happy stay for us

Room Tip: keep a hotel card with you with the address
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2014

This appartement hotel is conveniently located in the Discovery Gardens district, only minutes walk from the Ibn Battuta Mail and a metro station. Marbre floors, the place is clean and the room is fully equipped with fridge, stove, microwave and clothes washer. Surroundings is well serviced with restaurants, pharmacies and a car rental office just across the street. And contrary to the big name. hotels, room prices are very very affordable. I Will definitely come back

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ytrepan
Reviewed 6 July 2014

These apartments were top notch. Views from our apartment included the Sheikh Zayhed Roadway, the modern buildings were especially eye pleasing, and the beautiful Burj Al Arab Hotel. The swimming pool on the roof was immaculately clean as was the Jacuzzi with plenty of opulent sun loungers and snacks and bar service, plus a large Gym & Spa' The staff were extremely helpful an friendly. The meals in the restaurant were delicious. These apartments are not too expensive and provide the best of both worlds. A fully equipped kitchen if you wish to self cater (there is a Supermarket within walking distance) or dine at one of the numerous restaurants which are reasonably priced to suit every pocket. This hotel is really close to the Dubai Metro and you can travel anywhere in Dubai very reasonably(can't exactly remember how many Dirhams). We used the Metro almost everyday. So clean and efficient. We are planning another holiday in Dubai next year and I would willingly go back to this hotel if available.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family