“Excellent stay. Only issue is central location to metro, shopping is little far.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fortune Grand Hotel Apartment

Fortune Grand Hotel Apartment
Ranked #290 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Hubli-Dharwad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at this property for 5 days. The staff are always there to help you. The breakfast was very good, filling and did offer choices. Ms vilma, ms moneya wore a smile & always ready to help. We were a group of 8 with sr citizens & kids. They gave us 3 rooms right next to each other. I strongly recommend this hotel. Rooms are good well kept and housekeeping staff
mr sultan kept the rooms refreshed & very
clean. The washing machine and microwave oven were very helpful.- Hemal Desai & family.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Hemal25sep

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Arabic first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is with regards to the recent holiday in March 2014 to Dubai booked through Yatra.com.
The specific feedback is for Fortune Grand Hotel Apartments in Bur Dubai.

- I will not recommend this hotel to anyone going next to Dubai The staff lack basic courtesy and customer centric approach (Front desk staff need serious training).

- The food was so basic and ordinary and looked more like food from some local lodge. (very limited variety and not even warm most of the times)

- Moreover, I have stayed in various 5 and 4 star hotels in India and Abroad and whenever I have inadvertently left anything has been returned or even couriered back. Here, I left my iPod Touch, Sony Mobile Powerbank and Mobile Charging Cable and this was gone within 4 hours as we left our luggage post check-in and went for shopping the last day

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Nikhilbhatia8

Travellers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Three of us stayed here while doing work in Dubai. I do NOT recommend it. The washer/dryer unit took over 12 hours to wash and dry the clothes. There were both UAE and European outlets in the rooms but many didn't work. The water kettle in the kitchen didn't work, there were very limited pans, dishes, etc in the kitchen and the bathrooms were very outdated. I was very disappointed in the hotel apartment and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DEBRA E
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

I visited this Hotel apartment in May 2013 & again I am visiting there again starting tomorrow for another stay of 5 days. In fact I have already booked up for my trip starting 17th May 2014 as well. A clean, neat place, located in a quiet neighbourhood.The rooms are very spacious clean and fully furnished with A/c,washing machine,tv,microwave etc. I always prefer staying at the Fortune Group since it is value for money, spacious & with family a place like home away from home. The breakfast spread very lavish and caters to world cuisine tastes. The staff is very friendly and glad to help always. Service is fast.Loved the gym & pool. Its a nice friendly & cost effective place to stay and I will definitely continue to return.

Room Tip: High value for money!! A right choice....
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gbmirchandani
Sachin M, Front Office Manager at Fortune Grand Hotel Apartment, responded to this review, 30 October 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on Trip Advisor following your recent experiences at the Fortune Grand Hotel Apartments.

It is a pleasure to note that how much you had enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for all your kind words.

Pls feel free to contact us at any point of time as we are having centralised reservation centre thats working from 07 am - 12.00 mid night.

Kind Regards,

Sachin
Fom
055 7430878
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I visited this facility in March and stayed for 5 days.Generally,its a good place.Located in a quiet neighborhood and not so far from the airport and Deira.The rooms are very clean and fully furnished with A/c,washing machine,tv,microwave etc.My wife and I really liked it coz it helped us cut on costs since we would launder clothes for ourselves and cook some meals too.The only down side was the breakfast.It mainly favors the indian community so unless you li,e their kind of breakfast,dont look forward to a grand meal.The staff are very friendly and helpful.Loved the heated pool too.
All in all.....its a nice place to stay and would definitely return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AlvinMokaya
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay with us at Fortune Grand Hotel Apartments.

We are delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with our Hospitality.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fortune Grand hotel apartment , hopefully in the very near future.

Your's sincerely,

Sachin

Front office manager
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We are a family of four members and I booked a two-bedroom apartment for our 4-night stay in Dubai. We prefer the apartment experience to the hotel one since the apartment is much bigger, keeps the family together as well as has facilities like kitchen which is extremely useful since we like to have a meal in front of the T.V. at the comfort of our own space, at times.
About Fortune Grand, the apartment was incredibly spacious, was very clean and well-kept. Honestly, I had no single complaint at the first look (which is a rare case). All requisite amenities were there and in good shape. The washrooms were good, clean and loaded with quality bath-fittings. The kitchen was also equally equipped and modern. I didn't like the beds much since they were small in length (my height is 6'1") and too soft for my taste. Otherwise, everything else was perfect when it comes to the room.
The reception staff was very friendly and helpful. And same can be said about the restaurant staff. Two suggestions I would like to make:-
1. The person at the concierge desk had a very callous and inhospitable attitude. Also, he couldn't answer our queries properly and in fact was least interested. In fact, he tried to dupe us once! I had planned to go to this one mall and I enquired about it from him. He suggested I hire his accomplish's cab which was waiting outside the hotel since there was a shortage of cabs that day, and told me it would cost me AED100, which is the same amount any other cab will charge. I said no to the offer sensing the fraud and he replied with "Believe me, I am trying to help you guys." Ten minutes later, I got a cab and the trip costed me AED54 to be exact! I appeal to the management of this hotel to remove this person as he is spoiling the otherwise perfect experience the hotel is providing.
2. Please keep fresh juices at the breakfast. I was disappointed by the absence of it. I am a regular traveller and prefer to opt for buffet breakfast at the hotel always. So please work on that.

Finally, the location of this hotel is not that great. It's off the main road and hence getting a cab is not that easy if you wait in front of the hotel. Secondly, the metro station is also not nearby, it's almost 15-20 mins walk one-way. So this is suitable only for people looking to travel by cab only. On the brighter side, good departmental store, mobile stores etc are nearby, which is very important or rather a must-have.

Overall, this place is a really good value-for-money. Kudos to the management!
Just please work on my feedback, especially the one related to the CONCIERGE.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank aggarwalramit
Middelfart, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed for 3 days in a standard 2 bedroom apartment with our 2 children (age 6 and 9). The rooms are not new and shiny but they are clean and functional. We had some problems with the electricity and the wifi connection, and when we asked the staff for help they came very quickly to our room and fixed the problems. Got a new internet rooter which gave us effeicient wifi connection in the room.
One night we ordered dinner in the restaurant (lovely indian food) and had it brought to our apartment at no extra cost. Nice to be able to sit and enjoy a glass of redwine with the meal. They serve no alcohol in the restaurant.
We had to leave early in the morning for our flight (6.30), and the day before we asked if we could get any breakfast (it started 7.00). The result was that they made the whole breakfast buffet ready for us at 6.30. We didn't have time to sit and eat, so they provided us with boxes for the food, so we could bring along what we liked. A nice touch!
There is a nice pool on the rooftop and the weather was very nice. Warm enoug for a swim (the pool is heated - not to cold).
There is a big good supermarket within 5 minuttes of walking. The metro is around 15 min walk. Very easy to use and cheap.
All in all a good choice of hotel, and we would stay there again if going to Dubai.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family