“Comfort and Service”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #64 of 545 Hotels in Dubai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,112)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2014

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by friendly staff and were upgraded to a luxury room with a full sea view on the 19th floor. The room was amazing and it was the most comfortable bed we had ever slept in. We were flying back to Australia late the next day so they let us have a late checkout of 4pm, we were then able to store our luggage and have full access to the shower and toilet facilities in the spa centre. When I booked the hotel I was told about the construction going on so that was my decision to stay knowing it could be noisy and to be honest it wasn't an issue. I would love to stay there again as 1 night wasn't enough, the only thing I would complain about would be the price of the drinks a little bit eon the expensive side.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the luxury room with a full sea view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was wonderful that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and you found our services as great. We were glad to read that you liked your amazing room, the facilities and our friendly staff delivered exceptional service to you. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. I have also noted your comment on how to get improved, thank you for bringing this to my attention. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon and enjoy our hospitality for longer time.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I booked 5 nights accommodation at the Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach. On arrival the check in was quick and easy. Our room was very comfortable with a separate bath and shower.

The location of the hotel was perfect and our stay was very comfortable.

On the last day the bed sheets we got had a few small holes in it and the foot towels in the bathroom looked like they needed to be thrown away, which is not what you expect from a five star hotel.

Also, when I called concierge to find out where we can book a car, the gentleman said he could book it via the Hilton and get the car delivered there but when I got down there to book it I got told that I had to go to the Hilton (which was just a 5 min walk - but would have been nice to be told one story instead of two).

The construction goes on non stop across the road and blocks the view of the beach. The roadworks made it difficult to drive there as they made the road a one way going past the hotel - but this is not at all the hotels fault and will hopefully be finished soon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SonicP
Dear Guest:

Thank you for rating us as “Nice Hotel”. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your very comfortable room and our location. We do find that most of our guests enjoy our location as Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is located on the “Walk” area, one of the most desirable areas in Dubai. On the other hand, I was concerned to read that the construction works currently under process in front of the hotel, and beyond our control, had an effect on your stay. Please accept my deepest apologies. Once the works of the “Beach” project conclude, we are confident that our guest’s experience will be enhanced. I have also noted your comments on how to improve our housekeeping and concierge services. Thank you for bringing them to my attention. Please rest assured that I shall be following up your comments directly with my team. I sincerely hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Monaco
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is a beautiful brand new property with well designed rooms and great beds. The front desk and pool area staff are average - after coming from the Shangri-La Abu Dhabi where service is amazing we were so disappointed here. Also, we came with the expectation that a beach hotel would have a beach. Wrong! There is an awful public beach a long walk away through a building site and thus the pool area is terribly crowded, not helped by so much of it being in the shade most of the day due to surrounding towers blocking the sun. Great for nightlife and for the rooms themselves but other than that, a disappointment. And far from cheap too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jimzhi
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your constructive feedback. We were happy to read that you found our property as beautiful and enjoyed our well designed rooms and comfortable bed. On the other hand, we are very much disappointed that the construction works in front of our hotel and beyond our control had an effect on your stay. Please accept our deepest apologies. Taking into consideration guest feedback for an easy beach access we have launched an eco-friendly club car service. A “Beach Butler” is also available to assist our guests on the way to the beach. Once the works of the “Beach” project conclude, we are confident that our guest’s experience will be enhanced. I hope that you will give us the opportunity in the near future to serve you on the high standards that the Sofitel brand is renowned for.

Ashurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband had to come to Dubai during our visit to Abu Dhabi and chose the Sofitel as he'd previously stayed here and had been very impressed. Unfortunately it had obviously undergone a big change in between times.
We arrived in the morning only to be told curtly that our room wasn't available and would be ready until the afternoon - we knew it wouldn't be ready but he had to arrive early due to his appointments and were expecting a better reception from a 5* establishment. I had to ask if there was a place we could leave our bags and if they would call when the room was available. It wouldn't have taken any extra effort for the receptionist to say "Unfortunately as you've arrived early the room isn't ready HOWEVER you can leave your baggage safely with concierge and we can contact you". Just as an aside - I was not contacted and at 2.45 my husband returned from his meeting and had to chase up the room. He was then given extremely poor service - no excuse for this at all.
As was given no help or advice from the receptionist, I explored the hotel and discovered a very lovely person responsible for allocating towels and sunloungers to take to the beach - she organised a locker in the changing rooms, gave me towels, water and lounger to take to beach, explained where I could go, where I could get a buggy ride and was extremely helpful, had great customer service and the first friendly face I met in the hotel.
Unfortunately there was extensive work being carried out directly infront of the hotel, the noise was inescapable and continued throughout the night. We'd paid extra to have beach front balcony room but couldn't sit on it, we had arranged to have guests come to hotel to eat but cancelled this and went elsewhere to escape noise.
I fully appreciate that the building works were not the fault of the hotel, neither was the limited access to the dirty public beach - however this did mean the pool was extremely busy and finding a place to sit difficult - but even then not relaxing due to noise.
We were due to stay two nights and mix a little pleasure into the business element - there was no pleasure to be had at this hotel and I didn't want to stay any longer that was necessary so we checked out the following day. I would not choose to return at a later stay once the building works have been completed purely due to the service and attitude.

Room Tip: Wait until building work complete before staying here.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank N R
Dear Guest:

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor following your stay at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach. I was really disappointed to read that you felt uncomfortable due to the construction works. Please accept our sincere apologies. As your feedback is very important to us, please feel free to contact me through an email (customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae) as I would like personally to follow up on your rare incidents. Kindly rest assured that further emphasizes on training in the check in process will be given so as to avoid re-occurrence. I very much hope that we can yet encourage you to stay with us again so I can put your above concerns to rest.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Very good place for party-goers. This place has live bands and DJ's playing good music. Drinks are reasonably priced for a 5 star property. If you had enough of dancing you can hop out to the sea front and take a walk.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Manila
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed here for 5 days and was pretty much satisfied with the stay. Cleanliness and comfort was something unquestionable no doubt about it. The same goes with the staff, especially the very helpful Filipinos who will opt to help you out once they sense you need something done.

As of this review, establishments on the other side of the road are still being constructed. Pretty sure it'll look and feel way better once that get's done. We didn't experience any noise but that's probably because we stayed at the 32nd floor.

The Pros:
* Location - along The Walk so food won't be an issue
* Shuttles - free trips to Burj Mall, Outlet Mall, and Mall of the Emirates
* Balcony - the balcony of our room's a nice place to hang with the view it has
* Amenities - I personally love how you can dine out during this cold season plus the infinity pool is really quite nice

The Cons:
* Elevator - quite slow but bearable. There are 4 anyway
* Breakfast - not much variety. Would be better if you save that money and spend it outside over the countless restaurants by the Walk.
* View - Smaller view than expected. But as per our tip, the further you are from the elevator, the better the view should probably be.

Additional things:

We loved how we were given chocolate once in a while by the hotel staff knocking on the door checking in not just for that purpose but to also ask if we need anything else. Plus bottled water is always being replenished without even being asked for.

Rooms are always made clean and arranged properly so by the time we get back, it's always a nice comfort to just jump into the very cozy bed. I loved how there's a little office desk I was able to position myself in. Also, the bathroom is equipped with speakers so you can watch TV while soaking in the tub and hear perfectly from the bathroom.

The view is quite obstructed though by the building by it. But we've personally seen the room nearest the elevator and there's still a scene of the Palm from it. I'm guessing the further away you are from the elevator, the better and wider the view is.

Taxis are always stationed in front of the hotel so it's easy to hail one should there be a need.

Shops downstairs range from a pharmacy, to coffee shops, dessert places, usual fast food chains, and other better restos.

Oh and if ever you were wondering how far it is from the Airport, it's about 30 minutes away. Better check with the maps online but basically, there's not much traffic to worry about. As for the Dubai Marina area, it's pretty much modern establishments and comprised more of a Western crowd.

Room Tip: The further the room is from the elevator, the better the sea view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Wandermatic
Dear Guest:

Thank you for posting an extensive review on Tripadvisor following your visit to Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach. It was our pleasure to take care of you. We were glad to know that you enjoyed our location, your room, our pool and you had an overall satisfactory experience. We do find that most of our guests enjoy our location as we are in close proximity to most “must see” places like “The Walk”, Dubai Marina and many more. Most of our guests are not disturbed of the on-going construction works in front of our hotel and beyond our control. Once the works of the “Beach” project conclude, we are confident that our guest’s experience will be enhanced. I was very much pleased to read that you really enjoyed our service highlighting the team’s professionalism and their passion to provide exceptional service. On behalf of them, thank you for your kind words. I have also noted your comments on how to get improved, thank you for bringing them to my attention. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon so as to enjoy our hospitality and the new settings.