“Amazing!!”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #65 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed at this stunning hotel for 4 days and I can only praise everything this hotel has to offer. All staff were so professional, friendly and extremely informative about things to do. The rooms were stunning, big beautiful bathrooms. We had a beautiful little balcony that overlooked Jumeirah Beach and the ocean. The rooms were extremely clean, big comfortable beds with lovely white linen. The location of the hotel is great if u enjoy the beach or city...best of both worlds. It is on the Jumeirah Beach "strip". As you step out the hotel you have so many restaurants, coffee shops, boutiques etc. and the quality of food is 1st class. There are taxis easily available from the hotel. The hotel has a complimentary golf cart that takes you right to the beach and will pick you up at a time that suits you. As for sight seeing, the open bus tours transfers stops right outside the hotel and takes you to the main drop off/collection point for your bus tours (which are really worth every cent. The hotel also have their own luxury vehicles that will take you anywhere you want to go - at an additional cost which is not a lot more then what you would pay for a local taxi. We only wish we could have stayed there longer, and cannot wait to go back. Anyone wanting to stay at this hotel will really not regret their decision. It was just perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindy L
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your kind words. We were excited to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and you had an “amazing” experience staying at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach. It was wonderful that you liked our services, your stunning room with the beautiful bathroom, your comfortable bed and our location. We do find that most of our guests enjoy our location as we are in close proximity to most “must see” places in Dubai like the Marina, the Walk and many more. I really appreciate your nice comments especially the ones that you are highlighting our staffs' professionalism and their passion to provide exceptional service. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel very soon and to create more Magnifique moments for you.

customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae

Write a ReviewReviews (5,863)

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The staff in this hotel are fantastic - very professional and extremely attentive without being intrusive or over bearing.
Rooms great, facilities all you would expect from a 5 star hotel.
Only issue was the contruction work which surrounds the hotel, 24 hours per day and 7 days a week. Especially irrating when you are relaxing around the pool.
Once the work is complete I would be back in a flash but no doubt the prices will not be as competitive as they are now. The rates have taken into consideration the construction inconvenience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank happy1507

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for rating us as “Excellent service in this luxury hotel”. It was our pleasure to take care of you. We were happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities, your room and our team members delivered exceptional service to you. On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for your kind comments. On the other hand, we felt concerned to read that the construction currently under process in front of our hotel, and beyond our control, had an effect on your stay. Our hotel is located on the “Walk” area, one of the most desirable areas in Dubai. Once the works of the “Beach” project conclude at the end of this month as estimated, we are confident that our guest’s experience will be enhanced. Please do visit us again to enjoy our hospitality and the new settings.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was a little worried about my stay here, having read tales of construction noise, but I needn't have been. Although there was a lot of construction work near the hotel, I could not hear it at all. My room was on the 18th floor, which perhaps is high enough that the noise was too far away. Maybe it would have been a problem on some lower floors, but it wasn't for me.

Sofitels are usually pretty reliable if you want a touch of luxury, and this one was true to form. I felt very comfortable here. I was lucky enough (thanks to my membership of their loyalty programme) to be upgraded to a junior suite, which really had everything I could have wished for. A very well kitted out bathroom, sitting area, desk, iron & ironing board, safe, and plenty of electric sockets.

There was free and reliable wifi, and also several complimentary bottles of water in the room. I imagine if you're there in warmer weather that's very welcome indeed.

There was an excellent range of food at breakfast, with both local and European dishes. Personally, I do not regard breakfast as complete without bacon, and they had helpfully catered for people like me while respecting local sensibilities about such things by serving the bacon in a separate area of the restaurant very clearly labelled, which I thought was a good compromise.

The only negative point about breakfast was that on my first morning there, I was offered tea by the waitress who showed me to my seat, but it never came. I was on a bit of a tight schedule and didn't have time to chase.

The other negative point about this hotel was that I booked a pick up from the airport when I arrived. I wished I had just queued for a taxi instead. The airport pickup was spectacularly incompetent and involved waiting around for a long time while they tried to find my driver. It was also a lot more expensive than a taxi would have been.

Really can't think of any other negative points. Reception staff were very helpful. There were 2 bars, both of which had live music when I was there. The singer in their Irish bar was really very good indeed.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be less prone to construction noise than lower ones.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NautiusMaximus

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach for your recent visit to Dubai. We felt excited to read that you enjoyed you stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure to read that we met your expectations and you liked your room, you had excellent food experiences and our attentive staff delivered to you 5* service. I have also noted your comments on how to get improved, thank you for bringing them to my attention. Please rest assured that further emphasizes on training in our airport pick up service will be given so as to avoid re-occurrence. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon and to create more Magnifique moments for you.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Mark W
SofitelDubaiJBR, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

This was a perfect hotel. My cousin & I checked in for 7 days to celebrate our birthdays. It was perfect from the day we checked in until we checked out. All the staff were very friendly & helpful especially Leovy from Sofit Gym & Kristine from Concierge. Rooms were always clean & free bottled water every day. We will definitely stay at this hotel again

Villima & Sekai from England

Stayed: January 2014
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind words. It was wonderful that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and you had an overall “Magnifique” experience. We were extremely happy to read that our team members provided exceptional service to you. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day. Your kind words have been passed on to our teams and particularly to Leovy and Kristine who made your stay a pleasant one. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon and create more “Magnifique” moments for you.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Located opposite the beach. This hotel is truly first class. Situated right in the middle of Jumeirah walk there are no shortages of cafes and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is very comfortable and clean - as should be expected from a Sofitel. The only negative to this location is the lack of public transport - this means you have to travel to and from the city in a taxi. Due to the hotel being situated in a high tourist area you can expect to be spending a lot of time stuck in traffic. This is the fourth hotel at which i've stayed in Dubai and I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LiamGo
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for recommending us. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and you had a “fantastic break”. It was wonderful that you liked our location and you rated us as a first class hotel. On behalf of my team, thank you for your kind words. We do find that most of our guests enjoy our location as we are in close proximity to most “must see” places in Dubai and the metro station is just 500m from our hotel. It would be our pleasure to have you back and create more Magnifique experiences for you.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

While the hotel entrance is quite grand, beautiful decor and marble floors, the standard rooms are pretty basic. The view from the hotel (facing the water) is okay but there is major construction going on right in front of the hotel and they work almost 24 hours a day! We were up high enough that the noise wasn't TOO loud but when you opened the door that was still all you could hear. The pool, while it is nice, doesn't get very much sun because of the buildings all around. I do believe they have a cart that will take you to the beach but we didn't explore that. We were here for a conference. I wouldn't recommend the place right now, make sure the construction is done and if you aren't there for a conference I am sure there are better areas to be in. The breakfast buffet is amazing but it isn't cheap!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank funjoy77
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive feedback on Tripadvisor. Whilst we were pleased to read that you enjoyed your “amazing” breakfast and you liked our grand lobby, we felt concerned to read that the construction currently under process in front of our hotel, and beyond our control, had an effect on your stay. Our hotel is located on the “Walk” area, one of the most desirable areas in Dubai. Once the works of the “Beach” project conclude, we are confident that our guests’ experience will be enhanced. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel to let you discover the new settings with us.