“Definitely 5 Star”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #65 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Arrived 2am from Barcelona, very friendly Reception Staff, we were upgraded to a Junior Suite, on the 25th floor. Magnificent room everything in 1st class condition.

All of the facilities were explained and we were provided with written information about what was available during the Ramadan festival. Breakfast and Dinner were included in my package and they were vast with a wonderful array of both European and Arabic dishes. Alcohol was available in the Hub bar between 8pm and 10.30pm for non fasting visitors.

We requested some assistance from the concierge to amend our pick up time from Emirates Limousines and he arranged this whilst we waited without any problems, he was a very efficient and friendly person.

Our checkout as just as efficient with all the staff being very friendly helpful .

After having read some negative comments about this hotel I feel at reviewers should differentiate between he climate and Islamic festivals and the service delivered by this first class hotel.

I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for Club access and beach views
2  Thank BJR001

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our stay was awful. When we arrived at 4am in the morning we were given a smoking room with no hot water no air conditioning plus a bed for my 17 year old son that was only fit for a small child. The room was changed next day but I was only refunded 50% of the rate for 19th which is disgraceful. Due to Ramadam we had to eat in our room. My final bill was over AED16000. We think that the mini bar was grossly over charged, we had to send back multiple meals as un satisfactory. The air conditioning also did not work in new room as there was a fault with the balcony window seal. I tried to explain this to the duty manager before I left and he was un sympathetic. I told him that if he did not address this I would never stay in Sofitel worldwide but he still would not listen I ripped up my Accor card in front of him and advised we spend around £500k on travel a year worldwide as I own an international business and told him that I will now remove Accor as an approved hotel group. I feel I have been totally ripped off and had at least £3k over charged. I paid the bill but signed with a note that I did not agree with the charges. The other staff were helpful and apologetic, concierge was helpful too. The management and rooms and charges were a disgrace

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
11  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel really surprised me. I booked it as it had lots of offers running and we were visiting Dubai on a budget. However, this hotel was anything but budget. The rooms were large, airy and well equipped with a huge bath tub that opens out into the sleeping area allowing you enjoy the views from either the balconi or TV as you bath. The rooms were cleaned and tidied daily and fresh towels were always left. The staff were eager and happy to help and were always happy to advise and assist.
The location is the real winning quality of this hotel though. It is perfectly situated along a strip of restaurants and stores for ease and convienience, with the beach just a few minutes walk away, although the hotel does run a free shuttle service as sometimes the heat is a little disabling.
I honestly cannot encourage you more to give this hotel a go. It is excellent value for money and ideally located for a fantastic stay in Dubai.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank KTOLE6
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was our third stay at the Sofitel, and again we had a great stay.

Staff - always friendly and welcoming.

Rooms - We stayed in a superior king room - wow the bed is SO comfy! Blackout curtains meant a great nights sleep. We had a partial sea view as we didn't want to pay to upgrade the full sea view room but we still had a fantastic view! Bathrooms are lovely with slippers and robes.

Pool - lovely infinity pool - only downside is the pool area isn't very big which may be a problem at peaks times to get a lounger. As we visited in Ramadan this wasn't much of a problem for us but I think we would have to consider this next time if we were coming in high season.

Food- We had breakfast included in our package from Alpha Rooms (we found these to be the cheapest to book through) and the breakfast is amazing, you couldn't fault it! Plenty of fruit, yoghurts, fresh fruit/ veg juices, croissants, full English breakfast, cereal, smoked salmon, endless list.

Location - great for eating out as "The Beach" Mall has partly opened in front of the hotel where there is plenty of restaurants to choose from, I would recommend "The Steak Bar" and there is now a cinema. The beach is a 1 minute walk from reception.

We love this hotel, great value!

1  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The rooms were large and well appointed, with quiet air-conditioning, which was a must considering it was 47C outside. A little too many floors for my liking, being put on the 24th floor was a pain. The breakfast was superb, catering for many cultures and the nightly theme banquets were well priced and truly gourmet. We tasted some really wonderful Arabian flavours! I did find that cultural differences impacted on my evening 'glass' with dinner (because you can't drink) but I knew that before I went.The pool was the best aspect of the hotel, with a view over the sea and parts of the city. It was like looking at a postcard. The beach was across the road and there were many shops and eateries clustered around the hotel.However at the moment the whole area is under construction for the 2020 expo, so its not pleasant.
Let me warn you! Do not go in July when the heat is 37C over night and 40+ every day plus, during July it is disrespectful to eat or drink between 7am-7pm. All of the eateries everywhere are closed, so shopping all day becomes a drag when you can't sit down anywhere. I chose to go to Dubai and of course chose to be respectful by not eating or drinking and by covering up, despite the heat in long sleeves, long pants and shoes-all black. I was surprised however, to be constantly seated in the hotel restaurant in the furthest corner and we weren't sure why. We were very quiet and polite and never asked for anything.

Room Tip: Do not go in July!!!
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel really is very, very nice. Large spacious room, with a balcony, a full size bath, and separate shower and toilet. Beautifully appointed, with Bose sound system for clock.
Breakfast was everything you could have wanted... tea, coffee, a chef to cook you omelettes or poached or boiled eggs etc, great selection of cereals, hot and cold food and juices.
The only let-down for me was the location ... the place is a desert during the day, outside... absolutely no-one walking around - not even on the beach, and nothing visibly open - although at night it did look like some places were open. It was summer, and Ramadan, so maybe that's why - but there's also a lot of in-progress construction.
We found that the most of places we wanted to visit (eg: Burj Khalifa, Dubai Creek, Gold Souks, etc) were a 20-minute cab ride away, so the location was not so convenient for us.

So 5 stars for the accommodation itself .. .but for me personally, only 3 stars for location. Maybe when the construction is all done, this will pick up.

Room Tip: Check where you want to visit before booking, to make sure the location suits. This is a good 20 Min...
1  Thank lurkr
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Extremely noisy at night, bring your earplugs. We went on a dinner inclusive option. Big mistake. The food was not terrible, but there are so many little restaurants and shops within walking distance so we ended up skipping the hotel dinner to go for a cooler late night walks and explore different flavours. The metro is within a sweaty walking distance too. Jumeirah beach is a fantastic destination to walk and lie on the beach if you dont care to melt.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple