“pleasant stay”

Ranked #64 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Munich, Germany
“pleasant stay”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

the air conditioning was too cold in the lobby. as it is really hot outside, i got sick as the aircon was too high. hard for tourists as we are ot used to the weather. breakfast was fantastic, would definently stay here again. conceirge was extremly helpfull.

Room Tip: the air conditioning was too cold in the lobby. as it is really hot outside, i got sick as the airco...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

1 Thank Emma E
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending us! We were happy to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and you appreciated the efforts that our team put in to satisfy our guests needs. We do pride ourselves on our high level of service and we are very dedicated in making each and every guest stay as special as possible. I have passed your kind comments to all the team who thank you and wish you got better with your cold.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,
Gabor Bors

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,111)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Arrival: Me and my colleague had asked for airport pickup, and we were driven in luxurious 7series BMW. The driver offered us warm wet towels and drinking water to make our ride even more comfortable.
Check-in experience: I was surprised when the check in took 20 minutes, and the person at the reception who was not comfortable with English, disappeared with our passports for 5+ min.
The Room: The room on the 21st floor was really nice. Slide a partition in the bathroom and you can enjoy sea view sitting in comfortable tub! I really enjoyed favorite music tracks on BOSE audio system.
Restaurants: Breakfast was nice and offers vast variety. We preferred dinning outside as it was hard to find good vegetarian options on the menu.
Surrounding area: Evening walk in the plush locality was fantastic. Nice restaurants, pubs, shops of renowned brands are within the walking distance. Car crazy hidden in me was amazed as I found best cars in the world all around me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback on Tripadvisor. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your room, our limousine service, the view and location. On the other hand, I felt concerned to know about your rare uncomfortable experience upon check in. Please accept my sincere apologies. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and to serve you on the high standards that the Sofitel brand is renowned for.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I would defo reccomend the Sofitel at jumirah beach, I stayed here with my wife for our honeymoon, hotel decor was amazing, out of this world, staff were very helpful, we had a slight problem with checkin due to booking through a 3rd party website but was handled very well with the manager on duty and we were also given a upgraded room, complimentary fruit basket for the trouble which made it a amazing experience,
Swimming pool was very nice and locality was ideal,
One little thing there was construction of another hotel when we stayed but this is the norm with a up and coming city like Dubai.
So much development not enough time comes to mind lol
I would reccomend anyone to stay here as it's very good
Eating places at walking distance and views from balcony were out of this world
We'll done Sofitel you deserve 5 stars!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Undercover786
Dear Guest,

We are truly honoured that you chose the Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach as part of your honeymoon and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for recognizing our team and for recommending us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again so that we can create more memorable moments for you.

Kind regards,
Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great 3 night stay - everything we needed for a relaxing stopover. Loved the bathroom which opened onto the bedroom. The staff extremely helpful, and nothing too much trouble. We arrived early in the morning, but were offered our 20th floor room straight away. Also our included breakfast was offered on the day of checkin, instead of checkout day.

Room Tip: If offered the choice, go for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tascray
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful review of your stay at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach ! Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and the service.
Please rest assured that I will pass on your compliments to the entire staff.
We hope to soon welcome you back !

With kind regards,

Mumbai
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Was here for 5 nights - breakfast was included in the package. Service was prompt and efficient. Rooms are decent sized and good - good views from the balcony. Bathrooms are good - only thing is dental and shaving kits not provided - you have to ask for them.

Pool is small but beautiful - ok to chill around - beach really close. Gymn is not bad.

We were here during World Cup football finals - only complaint is they did not try and make us comfortable in the viewing room below even when we said we were staying in the hotel.

Overall good experience, nothing much to complain about!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank themanfromearth
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback on Tripadvisor. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your room, the view and you found our team members very friendly.Thank you also for your suggestions. It is from feedback that guests give us that we work on and improve the service at the hotel. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and to serve you on the high standards that the Sofitel brand is renowned for.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location,the rooms are good if you have club privelages....the staff,most of them are excellent ...... I was guaranteed an early check due to my flight schedule and corresponded with the hotel who assured me of no problems during check in....I was made to wait 7 HOURS by reception before my room was ready.....I actually came to peruse hotels on Jbr walk for our clients and communicated this to the manager....I requested a meeting and was astounded that no one from management approached me during my stay....maybe sofitel does not need more business.....I approached the hilton group on Jbr walk and was speechless at how they regarded our potential business tie up.....maybe if management changes at Sofitel ,we will consider business.....

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank mdindar
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to send us feedback on your stay. I was deeply saddened to read that your visit was not as anticipated and left you with the impression that you were let down. Please accept my sincere apologies and the assurance that we have started an internal inquiry in order to address the issues you faced and to take the necessary action to prevent an occurrence. As we all strive to provide the high standards the brand is known for, we are hard at work and determined to put things right in the areas of your disatisfaction.
I would appreciate some additional details and am kindly asking you to contact me directly at customer.service@sofiteljbr.ae . I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for giving us valuable feedback.