“Relaxing Family Break”

Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Ranked #65 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed last year (2013) in September for two weeks, we arrived early hours of the morning and despite a problem with our booking (travel agents fault) the staff were accommodating and welcoming; reassuring us that the mix up would be cleared up in the morning; checked us into a room. Breakfasts were lovely with a fantastic range of choice; and we were able to find seats to relax by the pool or at least outside. The room was lovely, beds were very comfy and rooms were always thoroughly cleaned everyday. There was building work happening, but in all honesty this did not phase us too much; accessed the beach further down the walk and were able to explore the huge range of restaurants a long the walk, we were able to get in and around Dubai quite easily and happily using the metro; nearest station JLT (taxi from outside to the station 10 aed, or a 15 min walk) The staff were always friendly and welcoming and the atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxing; we enjoyed our time so much that we're coming back in Sept 2014, looking forward to accessing the beach nearer to the hotel and to see how the new shops/restaurants are opposite the hotel!

Room Tip: Front Sea View
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nadia I
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, all of our staff enjoy making our valued guests feel very special.
As you rightly pointed out, we are next to the Beach and the Marina and with easy access to most of the attractions providing a great location for anybody who likes to visit the major landmarks of Dubai.
Thank you for lovely feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon and let you discover the upgraded facilities within and around the hotel.

Gabor Bors

Write a ReviewReviews (5,872)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Me and my fiancé j.robson have just become engaged and we are celebrating in style! We absolutely can not wait to come to Sofitel hotel in dubai! The pictures look amazing and the location looks ideal for a short break in this bustling city. We are mostly looking forward to the views of the sea! And the high standard of customer service we have been reading about! The hotel looks very clean and welcoming which is all we can ask for. We hope the concierge can help us with the most important and breathtaking sights to see whilst we are there and it seems it's an ideal location so close to the palm! We will write another review once we have been but I can not hold back my excitement to go to Sofitel in November 2014!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach for your next stay in Dubai and for your kind comments.
We would be more than pleased to do any arrangements for your visit and to create memorable moments for you. Please contact us directly should you have any special request.

We are looking forward to welcoming you!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

- arrived late in the evening and basically the first and only thing I've heard from reception (the asian lady) - "you need to pay a deposit". No "hello", no "welcome". Stayed just for one night, but they still charged me 2 times more than the room cost - "for security reasons". Ok, fine - but the next thing to do was to hand me the receipt and that's it. Again, no greetings, no explanations of where the room is, when does the breakfast start etc. "Your card" - "your receipt" - you're free to go. Not the usual hospitality I'd expect from Sofitel - and certainly the coldest check-in I've experienced in any of my past stays with them (Saigon, Vienna, Bangkok).

- room was dark even with the full lights on. Complained to the manager later, and she said that it's the Sofitel's style. Really? It was completely different in other Sofitel hotels that I've stayed at.

- tap water smelled like sewage. Later I discovered that some of my colleagues had the same problem, so it wasn't just my imagination. Reception staff promised me that it would be fixed (I hope so).

- no beach, just the image of it. Construction of the promenade (The Walk) and the beach club (The Beach) is still being finished. Clearly it won't be ready till October-November. And when it IS finished - the hotel does not own a part of it. So, you'll have to pay for sunbeds etc. I was told that it's the same situation for all the hotels in this part of JBR - well, yes, indeed, but then there are other parts of Jumeirah where this doesn't make a problem (Habtoor Grand, Westin/Le Meridien, Hilton etc.).

Must mention the positive side too.

+ a great breakfast with fresh juices, fruits, pastry, pancakes and whatever you wish for.

+ minor staff (bellboys, maids etc) who were really attentive, helpful and cordial - can't say that about the front desk, though.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Thefall
SofitelDubaiJBR, Director of Operations at Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, amenities and great breakfast. However, I do have to apologize for the shortcomings you described and I wish your stay hadn't been impacted.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope that you'll give us another chance to change your impression of our hotel. I'm sure that if you returned you would have a more memorable and favorable experience.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We booked this hotel for its 24hr checkin-tick. Breakfast included and wonderful- tick. Beds comfortable- tick. Apart from that, this Sofitel does not match others in the family. Concierge service struggled to give us a map and couldnot explain local aspects. Hotel advertises "Shuttles to Malls' but this is actually buses provided by the malls which may or may not stop and collect you/drop you. The hotel does not provide any service to its clients- if the bus is full-you dont get on, and the back up plan if that you get your own taxi. The hotel advertises that there is some construction work of minor noise, and that it is connected to the "Boardwalk". The entire strip by the beach is undergoing renovation, and a new promenade of shops and eateries is being set up-so that is still another 12mths in the making. Not a pretty sight to be in the midst of. Overall - average for Sofitel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sumstar

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy that you enjoyed our facilities, your comfortable bed and the great breakfast and truly sorry that you did not have an excellent experience at the concierge. The issues you raised are not reminiscent of our warm hospitality and service ethic and I wish your stay hadn't been impacted. I do hope that you give us another chance to welcome you and to serve you at the high standards we are well-known about.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Visited Dubai a couple of years ago in March and liked it ,so decided to revisit in august ( btw the hottest time of the year ) on arrival to Dubai jumeirah beach I couldn't believe the scale of construction that was going on especially were we were staying ( the walk ) , as we pulled up outside our hotel we were greeted by very friendly staff who were quick to take our cases and take us to reception again very efficient check in very polite receptionist , we had upgraded to a full sea view ,the room was lovely spotlessly clean the bed is the most comfortable I've ever slept in the view was fantastic , really pleased with this hotel we stayed half board the food was excellent again the staff are genuinely very helpful always smiling and so polite ( not about tipping in Dubai ) the waiters again so happy it rubs off on you they make this hotel what it is , just a couple of very small issues and they were dealt with impeccably by the reception , on our last night in the restaurant the head waiter and waiters presented us with lovely plate of fruit and Bon voyage written in chocolate on it , I would definitely recommend this hotel ,again a special mention to the concierge so very helpful , honestly every member of staff at this hotel from the moment you enter into the front doors are so very helpfully , happy and very polite , thank you for a lovely holiday

Room Tip: Upgrade to a front full sea view room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank happy63Liverpool

Dear Guest,

We are very grateful for the kind words you have given us on your review. We are excited to read how much you enjoyed the comforts of your room and the culinary delights in our AOC Restaurant. Furthermore, we are humbled of how highly you valued the service from our team. I will be delighted to share your comments with everyone here.
Thank you for choosing Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach and we look forward to having you here again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Never ever has a Sofitel hotel ever disappointed me and my partner!!! We couldn't fault anything! The room was spectacular, the service was impeccable and the breakfast was absolutely yummy... Hopefully I'll be fortunate enough to head back to Dubai again and Sofitel I'll be definitely coming back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hospitality_critic89

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach for your recent visit to Dubai. We felt excited to read that you had a pleasant stay and we met your expectations. It was wonderful that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, especially your spacious room with the comfortable bed, the wonderful breakfast and the team’s effort to deliver you exceptional service. I am sharing your nice comments with our team members, as these serve as an encouragement and a reward for a ‘job well-done’. I sincerely hope that we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Great service and attention to detail. We had a great anniversary setting .. on both days had cake and chocolates. They offered us a complimentary photo service with a free print out. loved their service. The room was okay but not so great and the bedding did not smell very nice.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank worldtravellll

Dear Guest,

We are truly honored that you chose Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach to celebrate your anniversary and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for recognizing our team, rest assured I will share your comments to all.
We hope to see you again.