Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
JA Palm Tree Court(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$177
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$179
Fairmont The Palm, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$198
  • Beachfront
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$157
Grand Hyatt Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
US$137
  • Pool
US$324
US$226
6,216 results
All reviewsjumeirah beachside sea viewbeach matsluxury roominfinity poolpublic beachswim up barrestaurants and shopsbuilding workjunior suitesun loungersconstruction siteexcellent hotelclub roomduring ramadanfive star hotelspecial thanks
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I think they used a lot of wrong materials, because the quality of the finishing is not very good. I think repair team will have difficult time. That is a shame.
Service is ok, but not special, maybe this Accor formula. Food is fine, but the feeling overall is still preopening. I expected a bit more from the hotel. Hopefully it will become better, because location is nice.
The service would be accepted if they charge opening rates, but they charge as if they exist many years. They should be careful with the rates for the time being

Reviewed 1 December 2010

Had a great 10 day stay at Sofitel. Fairly newly opened so all was not fully trimmed in yet. But except for some minor details it was a super stay.
From the reception and registration to entering the room, it was just one of those very nice experiencies.
Clean, of course, staff overall friendly and sincere. It took them about two days to remeber and at each time great you with your own name.
Breakfast, just heaven, if you like french cheese, this is the place. all to choose from, and also here staff that you could be proud of.
Normal for a 5-star, maybe, but Sofitel had that extra touch. As a whole a superb hotel experince.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2010

I stayed here for three nights in October and cannot say enough good things about this property. Even before I arrived, the hotel concierge was extremely helpful in prearranging some tours for me - excellent communication, very responsive. As I was arriving in the middle of the night and had not been to Dubai before, I used the hotel's car service for pick-up at the airport. This was very helpful and a reasonable price (about double the cost of a taxi). I was personally met by the hotel rep who assisted with my luggage, and escorted to a waiting air conditioned car complete with a chilled towelette and cold bottled water. The driver pointed out the highlights of the city as we drove to the hotel.

The hotel is located on The Walk in the Jumeirah Beach area - about 30 minutes from airport and central downtown area. With the beach out front, and the marina in the back, this was a wonderful location. All rooms have at least a partial seaview - mine has a view of Palm Jumeirah and the beach. This area is bustling with shops, hotels, restaurants and condos and is an ideal location for leisure travellers. Lots of activity in the area, but the rooms are very soundproof so you can get away from the activity if you like. The area does tend to be very busy through to the early hours of the morning, with lots of car traffic down the road in front, but I enjoyed the overall sense of activity.

The hotel itself is first class in every department. Very luxurious decor in all common areas and in the rooms - high end, modern, beautiful and very comfortable. Lots of open common areas to enjoy, great business centre, and on site restaurants, pool etc. The room was very, very beautiful with lovely modern furniture. The bathroom was a complete gem, with separate shower and a deep soaker tub with a wall that opened to the bedroom - you can enjoy the view while soaking! Top class amenities - toiletries, mini bar, fine linens etc.

The real highlight though was the attentive staff. Although this hotel has a large number of rooms, I always felt like I was the only guest. Many of the staff seemed to know me by name, and every staff member I encountered (even in the hallway or elevator) greeted me warmly and inquired as to how my stay was going and if there was anything they could do to assist me. I almost didn't dare come to a stop in the lobby, as someone would come out of nowhere looking to help me in seconds. The concierge and staff were particularly helpful and always ready to assist and provided assistance with cab back to airport, had a list of my tour arrangements ready for me and called my room when the drivers had arrived for pick-up, provided info on the shuttles to the various malls.

With lots of restaurants in the area and city, I only had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, but this too was to the same high standard as everything else in my visit. A buffet with lots of choices and high quality - suitable for local as well as western palates. The staff here were as wonderful as the rest of the property and couldn't do enough for me.

There have been some negative reviews on the pool and beach access, but this is overstated. Although there is a roadway between the hotel and the actual beach itself, there is a bridge/tower structure built over the road so you do have direct beach access. The beach area is very wide - you can be at the edge of the sand in about 2 minutes and at the waters edge in 3 or 4 minutes. The pool is located on the second floor of the hotel facing the beach and has an infinity edge. The way it is constructed is very clever as you don't even realize there is a road in between. The pool deck is set out in different levels and areas, so provides more privacy for guests.

First class property at great prices. Wonderful location and excellent value for money. Strongly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2010

The hotel was good value by Dubai standards as we paid 3 nights for the price of 2, probably because it is quite new. The hotel is immaculate and the bedroom and bathroom had everything you could wish for including waffle robes, slippers and L'Occitane toiletries. A car park separates the hotel from the beach but the sea views from the front facing bedrooms are great and the hotel provides beach mats and towels. There is a small decked area with lounge furniture by a small infinity pool overlooking the sea but we felt this looked quite cramped and preferred the beach as the weather was perfect, ie not too hot and the sea warm. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We only ate there for breakfast and this can be served indoors or outside. All very good! The location is on The Walk which is basically a strip of chain estaurants, bars and shops so you can easily find somewhere to eat.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

We spent a week in mid-November 2010 at the Sofitel.

Positives:
- Great location, easy beach access, plenty of restaurants a short walk away;
- Excellent service, staff were courteous, efficient and helpful at all times;
- Free Wifi everywhere including the poolside;
- Loan of beach bag, towels, beachmats and chilled water everyday for free;
- Great gym facilities including fantastic changing rooms;
- Plenty of bars and restaurants within hotel, all alcohol licenced;
- Balconies on the side of the hotel benefit from a sea view AND a view of the marina behind.

Negatives:
- Slightly overpriced food and drinks in hotel compared to nearby restaurants on 'The Walk';
- Traffic congestion around hotel led to some noise at night but on the higher hotel floors, this was not a problem;
- Concierge misinformed us about the Dolphinarium - was only aware of The Atlantis Palm, not the Dubai Dolphinarium. By the time we found out about this the Dubai Dolphinarium was fully booked;
- Sun loungers by pool were all taken by late morning, often just by towels not sunbathers! Staff were actively trying to prevent this happening;
- Toilet cubicle within bathroom was small - could be difficult for a very large person.

Conclusion:
A beautiful hotel in a great location. Would definitely go there again. Our negative points above are minor but nevertheless areas for improvement. Overall a fantastic holiday.

Tips:
- Book the Dolphinarium before you go if you want to swim with dolphins. We may have been unlucky as our holiday coincided withe Eid holiday and local children all seemed to be off school, but book early to avoid disappointment.

- All shopping malls lay on free shuttle bus services that stop at the Sofitel. Our favourite was the Mall of the Emirates which was also closest and features an indoor ski centre.

- Our favourite nearby restaurants (although all were very nice) included Umi Fusion and Tiffenbites.

- Taxi from the airport has a 25 AED starting charge and will cost total of 90 - 100 AED to get to Sofitel. Taxis from hotel only have a starting charge of 5 AED.

1  Thank Jhendy