“Nice rooms, mediocre service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Ranked #68 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Oslo, Norway
“Nice rooms, mediocre service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

Rooms are good quality - hotel is pretty new and "hi tech". Nice pool area, although the lack of sun (due to location) is a bummer.

However, service was not impressive. Especially at the reception desk they were not service minded at all - and there was also a huge language problem as some of the reception staff spoke only very bad English. Service was also a problem when the neighbor room decided to throw a party. It was extremely loud all night, they were smoking big time (which smelled terrible in our room as well - in a non smoking hotel) - and the staff did nothing to stop it. They promised to fix it and call back with an update - never did, and never fixed.

When we politely asked at check in if an upgrade was possible, the girl at the desk never even answered us (which seems strange after reading the reviews here).

Internet was a problem - half of the time it didn't work at all, half the time the connection was extremely slow. At check out we said that we were not interested in paying for the last 24 hours of internet, as the connection had been down the entire time (which we had called about several times without anything happening). The girl at the reception just stared at us and said that "When you order internet, you have to pay for it!". What??!

Location is OK, close to the metro, and close to JBR, but first time tourists may want to stay closer to the city. However, you will still have to take a cab to really get anywhere in Dubai.

However, our overall experience of this hotel was good, but could have been so much better if it wasn't for the above mentioned problems.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dusin
bonningtontower, Hotel Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, 28 February 2011
Dear Dusin,

Many thanks for your review. I was happy to hear that you liked our rooms, though please accept my apologies for the service shortfalls you experienced during your stay.

Just today, we started a big English language training program in conjunction with a Dubai-based English language school, which, I am sure, will soon show results.

I will certainly also look into the other points you mentioned to ensure that they are addressed immediately.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

I joined trip advisor just to write a review about my wonderful experience at this hotel. I booked through www.Hotel.com and got a really good deal.

Booking Rooms: -From day one the hotel staff have been extremely helpful and go the extra mile. This is even before I booked! I sent several e-mails to the hotel about organising a tourist visa and I always got a response that same day. If anyone needs to organise a tourist visa this hotel is very trust worthy and the process is very simple. A security deposit is needed (7,000 AED) and this was returned in full when arrived back to in my home country.

Accommodation: -Hotels rooms are amazing, I stayed in a one bed room deluxe apartment with dishwasher, full kitchen utensils, fridge freeze, microwave, dining table, washing machine, guest toilet, dining table ...everything you need. There is a supermarket which is walking distance from the hotel or you could always do your food shopping in the big malls and get a taxi back.
Rooms were clean by highly trained staff and clean your kitchen for you (even the dirty dishes I left in the sink to do myself later). All the staff are friendly and make you feel welcome. You can tell that they take pride in their work and their hotel.

Free Shuttle Bus:- from the hotel at 10am and 12pm daily which drops you and picks you up from IBN Mall, Nakheel Harbour Metro Stn, Jemeirah Beach, Mall of Emirates, Dubai Mall. Very good service! Alternatively there are always taxi’s outside and I felt safe to take one alone.

I would definitely recommend the Dune Bashing trip organised through the reception at the hotel. Definitely value for money! I wouldn’t book one online as there are a lot of risky companies which may be cheap by might not offer the best experience.
Book this hotel, you definitely won’t regret it. The customer service is fantastic and the rooms are beautiful. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bonningtontower, Hotel Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, 20 February 2011
Dear sarahte2004,

Very many thanks for your comments!

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of your time in Dubai.

It is always nice to hear from guests who use the Bonnington as base to discover Dubai and as you have seen, we can arrange many interesting excursions and activities for our guests.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Bonnington in the not too distant future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

Stayed here with a friend for 3 nights in january booked a deluxe club suite. On arrival was told this was not available so were put in a one bedroom apartment with which we would have to wait an hour so they could split the beds. i had previously emailed twice before arrival to request twin beds but to no reply so ended up ringing from the uk before we left in which they confirmed they received my request. We received our room key and got to the room to find a double bed! :s. phoned reception to complain to which they personally came and took us to another room. Rooms are extremely nice but thought it was poor that there was no complementary water. i told this to the receptionist who said a complimentary welcome pack would come to the room but never received. During our stay i rang twice to say i couldnt receive wifi and they would send someone up but no one ever arrived. But even more worringly i complained twice that something kept blowing the fuse in our room so we had no power and was told an engineer would come to our room but again a no show. As an engineer i had to do the trace and repair work myself and traced to the oven timer so isolated and fter that was fine. i told them this on checkout but didnt appear interested. either that or couldnt understand english. Overall the rooms are great and is an excellent hotel but really think the customer is extremely poor. Also £7 for a bottle of beer at the bar is a bit excessive. Please sort out your customer service and you could be a top hotel on tripadvisor!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Deano65822,

Firstly, many thanks for your TripAdvisor review. Personally, I am a big fan of TripAdvisor, and as you can see from the management replies I leave for all reviews, the Bonnington does take all TripAdvisor reviews serious.

Unfortunately, we did not have a chance to meet while you were staying with us, so I was left with the less preferable option of sending you an email rather than apologizing in person for the service shortfalls you experienced during your stay. Sadly, I have not yet received a reply from your side.

The points you made in your review are, of course, all valid, and I can only sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these matters caused you during your stay. I have already shared your feedback with our management team for immediate action.

In regards to the bar charges, I am afraid that the taxes imposed by local authorities on alcoholic beverages in the UAE do not allow for prices of such products to be similar to Europe or the US. I have personally price-checked our main competitors and we are in line, if not sometimes even cheaper.

Once again my apologies for the problems you encountered and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Bonnington in the future – if only to show that we can do much better!

Kind regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

I have just stayed in this hotel, it was a good choice. We have arrived Dubai in the morning, and we have been welcomed with a complimentary airport shuttle. We arrived at the hotel around 7 am. Although the hotel was fully booked, the manager Mohammed El Atik was very helpful and try to arrange a nice room for us by offering us a complimentary upgrade and early check in. The room (814) is 5 star standards and has nice view to the Jumeirah Lakes. The bathroom is outstanding, all marble.

The Spa facility and breakfast is normal and need improvement to be up to 5 star hotels.

Also, we have got a complimentary late checkout at 4 pm.

I recommend this hotel as the best 5 star value of money hotel in Dubai.

Final, especial thanks to the manager Mohammed El Atik for making our stay comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bonningtontower, Hotel Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, 14 February 2011
Dear Travel-Master-PhD,

On behalf of Mohammed and the entire team, many thanks for your review!

I am always happy to see guests mentioning team-members who provided them with outstanding service by name on TripAdvisor, and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will certainly look into your comments regarding the breakfast and the leisure facilities and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

I arrived late last night. The person that registered me had very little interest which showed when I asked him a question 5 minutes later and he replied with "are you staying in this hotel?" I'm paying 195 euro's and still need to pay 20 euro's for a very simple breakfast (I had to ask for some butter as it was nowhere to be found!) and another 14 for my internet connection!! Also it is in the middle of nowhere. But, maybe everything is Dubai is... Overall this is not a 5 star hotel. Just about 3 if you are in a good mood.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Dear MHeesen,

Thank you for your review. For clarity reasons, I would like to point out that it was written while you were still in the hotel, and some of my colleagues spoke to you afterwards and upon your departure to gain further feedback and apologise for the service shortfalls you experienced in person.
I, too, did drop you an email last week, unfortunately I have not yet received a reply.
Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. I hope that you left the property a little happier following your conversation with my colleagues.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future – if only to show that we can do much better.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

For the price this was a very nice hotel to stay in and 5 minutes walk away from the metro station where a return ticket to Dubai Mall / Burj Khalifa is around 14Dhs (£2.4) and takes 20 minutes.

The staff were friendly and very helpful with their recommendations - and saved me some money by advising where to get my pounds exchanged when the hotel rate was not the best.

As most people here, we also received a free room upgrade and were collected and dropped to the airport in a hotel car... which was a nice touch and better than the standard hotel mini bus's that many places operate.

The rooms were comfortable and the hotel was above what I expected, however on my next visit to Dubai, I may try somewhere slightly closer to the main attractions.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear ZippityUK,

Many thanks for your review!

I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Bonnington and our entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the future – the speed Dubai is developing with you probably find that we’ll soon be in the middle of everything!

All the best,

Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

This is a new hotel in the JLT area in Dubai. So pretty close to Marina, Mall of the Emirates etc. but a little outside the main city.
Pros:
New, Modern Rooms with comfortable feeling and look
Clean, ease of access - quick in and out.

Cons:
Took several calls to get a person to come up and change our beds from "doubles" to king
No "cot" offered for 2 year old.
Breakfast could have been better

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
bonningtontower, Hotel Manager at Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this review, 5 February 2011
Dear Sleepless_Travelers,

Many thanks for your review!

I was happy to see that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping related matters. I will certainly look into these points as they are not indicative of the service we aim to provide.