“Service excellence”

Ranked #93 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Service excellence”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Enjoyed a lovely 2 night visit at this hotel over weekend. The service was exceptional and location fantastic - very central.

The Purobeach pool area was very nice and lively.

We chose the executive lounge access as we normally find this great value for money but we did not use this one as much as the Marriott Marquis, Dubai - we didnt find it to the same standard as that. If we stay at Conrad again we would not opt for the Exec Lounge next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Loobylou,

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to have you back soon!

Conrad Dubai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We had a nice experience in Conrad Dubai. Great room, bathroom, location and very nice staff.
The quality of food was really good, actually we almost tried all the restaurants in the hotel.
There were some tiny problems in cleaning and ... all were expectable because the hotel is very new and needs some time to be settled perfectly.
The prices is a little bit high but it is acceptable considering the service and the quality that you recieve.
We as a couple enjoyed helping ourselves by " the luxury of being yourself"

• Stayed October 2013
ConradDubai, Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Leila,

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to have you back soon!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Unfortunately my stay got off to a poor start. Upon arriving on Thursday evening (for a two week stay) I was advised that the pool area would be closed all day Friday for an event. It would have been nice to have known that at the time of booking as the whole idea was for me to come to Dubai a couple of days early for my business trip to have time to relax at the hotel on the weekend. I would have postponed my arrival by one day had I known.
The hotel itself is quite nice and of course everything is new. Impressive lobby area, nice rooms, very comfortable bed, large bath. The pool area (when I did eventually get to access it) was very nice; lots of green space, makes you feel as though you’re not in the middle of the city. The breakfast buffet was fine though by Dubai luxury hotel standards quite average. Service was spotty; trying to get a refill on coffee was an ongoing challenge. Internet service was good; fortunately as a Hilton Gold member I had free access else I would have found the AED 100 (~US30) per day charge for internet a bit stiff.
Location of the hotel is quite convenient. With the World Trade Center metro station literally right outside the front door it made it very easy to get around town.
All in all a good stay thus far. If you can book at a decent rate I would recommend it.

Dear Mr Joe,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We hope to have you back soon for an even better experience.

Bodrum
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The Hotel is immaculate but because it was just new some hicks happened here and there, the preparing of my room took about two hours even thought I arrived late in the afternoon, then on my last night the AC needed to be fixed and I had to move to another room, in general everything else was very good.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

ConradDubai, Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Mr. Mohamed,

We are happy you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Hope to have you back soon!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Here I am writing this review while I am sitting in my room and all I can hear is the noise from the Purobeach party which is being held at the pool here at the Conrad Dubai. The noise level is unbearable and apparently this is going to be the case everyday since the hotel will be hosting events poolside all day and night (until 2 am). I have called the front desk a couple times now (not to mention it took several tries before I could get a hold of someone) and also spoke to 2 managers, but the common theme was unfortunately they couldn't assist since this was part and parcel of the hotel. To top it off the service at the hotel has been terrible - our room wasn't done up a couple times, it took over 45 mins to check in and anytime you call from your room good luck if you can get through. Interestingly enough the purpose of my trip to Dubai was to find a 5 star hotel to host our guests (a delegation of 150 members) when they were to come to Dubai for an Oil & Gas conference hosted by our company back in Houston, and so I am glad I came since I would never recommend this hotel. To any potential guests, take your money somewhere else and save yourself from losing your hearing at this loud noisy hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are noisy!
5 Thank Sasha C
ConradDubai, Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Dear Sasha,

We are really sorry to hear about your experience. Guest satisfaction is a priority for us, and we will look into the situation. Could you please send your feedback to Conrad_Dubai@ConradHotels.com and we will look into them matter.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Only had the opportunity to stay one night but wow - greeting by happy, beautiful people at every turn. The decor is amazing and very tasteful. Fantastic room and facilities. Ate from the room service menu which was very tasty if a little expensive. Very much recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear EatFood-DrinkWIne,

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The real asset for any organisation is its employees and staff members, however this is extremely important for Hotels and Resorts.

I should greet CONRAD for being fortunate to have excellent team of professionals serving their guests, some of them that I would really like to stand out are:

=================================
Natalia Jaramillo (Guest Relations Manager)
=================================
- A unique pearl that is high in value and big in size
- She is the main differentiator that made our stay extremely satisfying
- As long as CONRAD has staff like Natalia, it will remain as my preferred destination whenever I come to Dubai.
- For her Pleasant personality
- For being a Keen listener
- For resolving complaints and rendering exceptional customer service all through our stay
- For extra attention
- For her capacity and capability to exercise her authority to ensure things happen the way they should be

===================
Monikut Borah (Ballaro)
===================
- A "Can Do, Will Do" attitude, Seven (7) stars for this individual
- For his personal attention during our breakfasts
- For his recognition of cultures and traditions and arranging Pakistani style Karak Chai (Tea) and Masaala (Spicy) Omelette.
- For showing extra care by making me feel like home when after knowing that I have a soar throat, Monikut, of his own offered me Ginger Honey (Harbal) Tea and made special arrangement to serve it to me for three days during breakfast. He went further on and passed the recipe to In-Room dinning also so that I could be served in the room as well.
- For his every morning pleasant chit chat and making himself available.

=============

==================
Ayuni Dewi (Concierge)
==================
- Five (5) Stars for this individual
- For her smart, elegant and perfect corporate personality
- For her accuracy to correctly understand the request
- For her swiftness in collecting requested information

================
Abhijit Hati (Ballaro)
================
- Four (4) Stars for this individual
- For his extra care and promptly resolving the issue that happened on the first day at breakfast.

==============
Federica Tomaino
==============
- Four (4) Stars for this individual
- For her pleasant, smiling and elegant personality
- For her assistance in planning and scheduling my trips and tours

=============================================

Apart from many promising staff performance and an overall very satisfying experience for me and my family at CONRAD, I had couple of disappointing incidents wherein situation became quite awkward for me in front of my wife on both occasions.

- First one was during Check-In. Hotel management is well aware of the incident and as such I am not quoting any details here for privacy reasons.

- Second one was at the Breakfast in Ballaro. Imrul Hassan provided us a substandard service even when he was given indications that he is not paying attention when I had to return him the Omelette prepared for my wife as it wasn't done as requested. Subsequently I had to request him to return the tea that was served to us with Chilled milk right out of the refrigerator. Third was a repeat of the first one, he once again served the omelette that wasn't prepared as requested even the second time. Finally I had to request him to stop serving us anymore and request for another waiter to serve our table.

- Bell services have significant room for improvement, they are slow, sometimes even forget to bring luggage. On one occasion they forget to bring my 3 months old daughters baby stroller to our room when we came back at night and gave our car for Valet parking. In the morning, we required the stroller to go for breakfast, I called around 8am to remind them, I gave a second reminder at 8:30am, third reminder at 09:00am but stroller didn't arrive and finally me and my wife had to come down to the lobby and had to personally request Natalia (Guest Relations Manager).

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Syed Adnan Ali
Dear Mr Ali,

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to have you back soon!