“An amazing hotel!”

Ranked #93 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Netherlands
“An amazing hotel!”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I am so surprised with the negative reports about this hotel. I am a very frequent traveler staying in really good hotels in Dubai and around the word whole the time (see my other reports) and WOW, was I blowed away by this hotel.

It started by the entrance. A very nice hostess asked me if she could help me. When I told her my name she knew that i am a Hilton gold member and got an upgrade. She didn't had a computer or handheld to check it, so really impressive. This feels really like a welcome.

The Executive check in was great and efficient. The rooms are really nice. They provide a very warm and luxury atmosphere. Bathroom great also. But the bets part of the hotel are the facilities. They have several great restaurants. the one I choose was The Cave, a nicely themed wine bar, serving more than 35 wines by the glass! Here you can do real wine tasting. The food they serve in this bar is limited, but the quality was good.

The most impressive part is their sun deck. During the daytime this looks great already. It has a nice sized pool, in beautiful surroundings, but the thing really gets great at night: An Oasis in town, with a fantastic bar. Amazing how you can create this at the sixth floor!

Throughout the stay the staff was great, friendly and very helpful. This hotel is absolutely fantastic and my new place to be when in Dubai!

2 Thank flyingdutchmannl
ConradDubai, Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear flyingdutchmannl,

We are really happy you enjoyed your overall stay with Conrad Dubai, and hope to have you back very soon!

Conrad Dubai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 December 2013

What an absolute delight it has been here at the Conrad, Dubai. I honestly do not remember a large hotel as this having, across the board, such a wonderful crew. Everywhere, on every floor, the staff smile (real smiles), are happy, make conversation, are dressed impeccably and can't do enough for their guests. I really enjoy being around happy people, makes a huge difference, quite apart from the fact they do such a damn good job. Danny, Rahul, Henda, Jade, Karima, Yusim, Hassan, Myami, Veronika, Sie Lin Aung and all in guest relations....forgive us if we have forgotten names...so many to appreciate. We look forward to our return, thank you!

Dear Kathy W,

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and all our team members appreciate your kind words. We hope to have you back soon!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Most elegant
Service outstanding, attention to detail in everything they do
Executive lounge is awesome, located next to the metro makes it even better

For Hilton diamonds un paralleled service and upgrades,

I will return just for the cappuccino they serve,

Stayed November 2013
ConradDubai, Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Karthi,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Paris, France
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We booked two rooms at Conrad for our stay in Dubai based on the excellent reviews. We were deeply disappointed. Check in was terrible. We arrived at around noon, and only one room was ready. The front desk indicated that the 2nd room would be ready shortly and I was asked to "wait for a while"....I called twice, with no success. After 3 hours wait, I went back to the reception, to discover that the room was not ready and that the staff clearly knew from the outset that the tenants would not leave before 3pm. This is when I was offered to change to another set of rooms....no apologies for the misleading information or for the wait. Ironically, management sent an apology message to my room, which was not directed to me. So they came back later when I was deep asleep to wake me up and deliver the right apology message ! Very bad start...Room cleaning was uneven: we discovered a small toy from previous tenants on the carpet, which made us wonder whether the room was actually vacuum cleaned before our arrival...Turn down service was done properly for one room and not the other. Cleaning of the bathroom and toilet was not done thoroughly every day, not very pleasant sight... Breakfast buffet was unimpressive and some of the items were below standard and not so fresh. Finally, as we had to leave early on our final day, a little before 6am, I asked if we could have a bread basket, hot drinks and juice delivered instead of our breakfast included in our room rate, so that our kids would not go to the airport without some food. This was simply denied ("this is not the hotel policy" sic !) and the front desk lady suggested that we order from room service. This is definitely not a customer oriented hotel. If you look for 5 star service, I would not recommend the Conrad as there are much better options in Dubai. A few positive points: the location which is not too far from the airport and a short walk from the metro; our waiter named Mayami at Bolero restaurant was excellent; we also got good advice from the concierge.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank frenchconnection88
Dear French Connection,

We sincerely regret to learn that you experienced so many inconveniences during your recent visit at Conrad Dubai. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. We aim to the entire comfort of our clients and this was not representative of our vocation.

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Just returned back from a four night stay at the Conrad in Dubai even before I arrived the hotel emailed me asking my preferences or if they could assist with anything. On arrival we were taken to our room on the 37th floor numbed 3704 one king size bed room I am a gold Hilton member but at no point was offered an upgrade even when after the first day I noticed that the hotel was far from fully booked an upgrade would of improved the whole experience but that said the room was lovely with great views the cleaners kept our room spotless and the staff are friendly and helpful location is great just outside the hotel and the Fairmont next door has a good sports bar. Breakfast was varied and nothing was too much trouble and the cakes fruit etc in the room just made you feel special the hot water could of been hotter and low pressure and p!ease pug a socket for the hairdryer under the dressing table had the use the one in the hall wall way and husband fell over the wire accident waiting to happen. The staff make this hotel so thanks for a great stay and I hope to stay again maybe with an upgrade next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mumstaxiservice13
We are happy you enjoyed your overall stay with us, and sorry for the minor inconveniences you experience. We hope to have you back very soon!

North Wales
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I regularly stay in Hilton hotels and have stayed in the Conrad Rangali in the Maldives, which was second to none. The Conrad Dubai matched this. The hotel is amazing and is only 3 months old. We were upgraded to an executive room and unbeknown to me my husband had received an email from the guest relations manager, Natalia Jaramillo, before we arrived asking if there was anything she could do for us. As we were going to Dubai for our 10th wedding anniversary my husband mentioned this. When we arrived we had flowers, numerous cakes and chocolates and sparking wine to greet us. Half way through the week we had more cake, wine and because it was almost Christmas, mine pies. The hotel itself is exceptional and all the staff are friendly and go out of their way to help you. The executive lounge was a culinary delight serving roast beef, oysters and sashimi and also served prosecco as well as the usual spirits, wines and beers. The pool area is on the 6th floor and run by purobeach and their staff couldn't do enough to help and the cocktails were to die for. The pool area is really contemporary and played funky house music on low volume all day which made it a really good atmosphere. At night it was more lively and had an Ibiza type feel. We didn't eat in the hotel as the metro station is right outside and provided easy access to everywhere else. If you are looking for a beach holiday this is not the right hotel as the nearest public beach is probably 5 or 6 metros stops away (although the metro is very cheap - 16 dirhams, about a fiver for an all day ticket) but if you want a city break with some sunbathing as well then I would highly recommend this hotel as I don't have any negative comments

Room Tip: If your budget suits, go with an executive room as you get breakfast; afternoon tea and snacks; and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank shaerob
ConradDubai, Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear shaerob,

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to have you back very soon!

Fujairah, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed there for one day in a meeting. The hotel has a great location in Sheikh Zayed road very close to Trade centre and Dubai exhibition centre. The view is very good, Rooms are very very good and clean as well but food needs to be improved. Hotel staff are very polite and tidy and beautiful as well.

3 Thank Dr_Ramadan
Dear Dr Ramadan,

We are very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Conrad Dubai, and happy you found the location so convenient. We hope to have you back very soon!