“Don't bother, very mediocre experience”
Review of Conrad Dubai

Ranked #104 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I'm staying at the hotel at the moment and after a long flight I thought I would relax by the pool. Unfortuantely relaxation is not an option! In conjunction with the Friday brunch there is a pool party in full swing. Apart from going deaf from the House music, most of the sun loungers are occupied by people who arent even staying in the hotel! I'm lying on the hardest piece of moulded plastic in existence. No cushioning at all...5 stars?

I went to reception to discuss the situation and to be fair the girl on reception was obliging but the solution from management was to offer to pay for a taxi to a beach.

A good 5 star experience is all about balance and so far Conrad Dubai is failing miserably. Which reminds me that the coffee I ordered 30 minutes ago hasn't arrived!

I booked for 1 night because I had seen mixed reviews. It will be my last. Tomorrow I will move to Grosvenor House which is where I should have gone from the start. It is a bit more expensive but as a hotel it is a different world.

P.S. the guy next to me just asked if I got my coffee because noone has been back to take his order!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jospeed
Khaled_Matar, Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear JoSpeed,

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review. We really appreciate your feedback, and we are sorry to hear about your experience at Conrad Dubai.

This Friday featured two major events for the hotel, one being the brunch at Ballaro and the other being the Purobeach End of Season Party. Unfortunately this coincided with your stay, and we are sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy Purobeach to the full extent, and this is why we offered you a beach option for your relaxation.

We are also very sorry to hear about the late coffee request you described, and we can assure you that this is not representative of our vocation.

We hope to welcome you back very soon to Conrad Dubai for a better stay.

There are newer reviews for Conrad Dubai

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Pre-arrival experience was amazing - the hotel sent emails to ask what my personal preferences were re: a number of things. Check in at 3am with a cranky me was extremely smooth - Darren at reception made it so easy and with a smile on his face. And even arranged for my wake up calls. Beautiful view. Great staff. Lovely spa. I'm 80-20 on the lunch and dinner food - I wasn't wowed but it. The breakfast was amazing. Room - only blight..I asked for a non-smoking room but I'm pretty sure I got a smoking room. I was just too tired to kick up a fuss at 3am. Checkout was smooth and painless (took all of 5min). Hotel is right next to the train station - very central. I'd definitely go back.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear njorogekui,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the service so much, and that even before your arrival you were impressed. We are also happy to hear that check-in and check-out was fast and efficient, as well as convenience of our location.

We appreciate your comments regarding the view, staff and the spa, and have taken on board your comments regarding the Food & Beverage in order to give you a "wow" experience next time.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Enjoyed a 3 night stay here with colleagues last week.
Splendid reception/lobby, nice light and airy.
After our long journey we were greeted by Lauren at reception who made the check-in proceedure a pleasure with her professionalism and cheerfulness, an asset to the hotel. Lauren escorted us to the lifts where a gentleman then took us to our room and showed us how our room worked.
Fantastic views from the 44th floor. Conference facilities were great. The bars and restaurants were superb and the staff made our stay a comfortable one.
Took a walk at night to the Radisson which was next door but one and noticed how easy it was to get to the Metro from our hotel too. All in all a memorable stay and would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.

Dear Anne and Darren,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us for the 3 nights you were here.

Firstly we are happy that you were impressed with our lobby, which is one of the stand-out features of Conrad Dubai.

We are also very happy to hear that your check-in was smooth and efficient and that we were able to welcome you to the room and all the available facilities.

We appreciate your comments regarding the conference and Food & Beverage facilities in the hotel, and happy that you enjoyed both.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

.....but there are better hotels in Dubai! Usually the hotels on the SZR are not great but the Conrad is nearly excellent!! Solid choice of restaurants( bit overpriced) ,friendly service, easy check-in, excellent rooms, good pool area and bar - just misses out vs RC DIFC. However would stay at the Conrad again and hopefully next time update review with 5 stars!

Dear L4H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback especially regarding the Food & Beverage venues, service and rooms, and happy you enjoyed your overall stay with us.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My Wife and I stayed at the Conrad for 5 nights during our honeymoon trip. A few days before we got there we received an email asking if they could provide us with anything upon arrival, I informed them that we were coming for our honeymoon and arranged for flowers to be in the room and for the hotels Porsche Cayenne to pick us up at the airport. They were great, flowers and rose petals all around the room(which was upgraded) they also had a bottle of wine and a gluten free cake for us. (I had mentioned that my wife is celiac). We are Hilton HHonors Gold members, so not sure if that helped us with all of the special treatment or not, but I suspect that it really only contributed to the room upgrade.
All of the employees are very nice and can help with anything you could possibly want from getting a taxi to getting a private jet. Breakfast in the executive lounge was great as was the pastry available throughout the day. The rooms are very nice, and very quiet. I loved the bedside remote that controlled all the lights,the blinds, and do not disturb. The metro is a 2 minute walk away which made getting around the city very easy. Clearly we will be staying here again when we come back to Dubai.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shaggy159
Khaled_Matar, Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Shaggy,

Firstly we would like to congratulate you and your wife on your wedding, and we are very happy that you chose Conrad Dubai to share your special honeymoon memories.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, and we really appreciate your TripAdvisor review. We are very happy to hear that we were able to provide you with a special service for your special occasion, and appreciate your comments regarding the flowers, wine and cake.

We also are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast at the executive lounge and found your room so comfortable and relaxing.

We hope to welcome you and your wife back very soon to Conrad Dubai for another special occasion.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Location in Financial area Sheikh Zaid Road. Nice and quiet area. Close to center.
Metro infront of the hotel which make shopping easy and transportation more easier.
Five star's hotel , Clean and modren decoration with 4 Bar & resturant . swimming pool out area includ Resturant Bar and seating area.
Loby is big enough easy chick in and out. All staff are nice and kindly helpfull. Food teast good but expensive. Room is very big nice decore and very clean , bed is confortsble.
Bath Room decore is nice , tawels new and clean. Spa launge , Sauna and Jacuze are clean and confortable.
Realy i enjoy my stay in Conrad hotel and i'll visit again and again.
My best regards to hotel Manager and all staff for their givin to keep visitors happy and relax in the hotel throw their hard works and hard givin to keep Conrad hotel one of the best hotels in Dubai.

Room Tip: Wanderfull and very clean Hotel in very nice area
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Maha,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us at Conrad Dubai

We are delighted that you found the hotel's location so convenient, and that when you were not exploring Dubai, you enjoyed the in-house facilities including our 6 Food & Beverage menus and Spa facilities.

We also appreciate your comments regarding the service, lobby and food quality.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very well located hotel in dubai. Easy to park (valet parking in the hotel). 10 meters from metro. Beautiful room. Pool and garden make you feel out of the city. Excellent burger at the pool. We had one night there after a week in Ras Al Khaimah (Waldorf Astoria) before going back to Europe and we really enjoy the place. Very convenient lockers at the pool, so no problem when you do the check out at 12.00 and you have to wait for a night flight. You can very easily enjoy the pool in the afternoon before having a shower and leaving the hotel; We will come back next time. Luc

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lucho74
Khaled_Matar, Manager at Conrad Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Luc,

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and found our location so convenient and found the room so comfortable. We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Food & Beverage venues such as Purobeach Urban Oasis.